celebrities and cancer

gretchen

In the last few years there have been a number of celebrities who have either died from cancer or gotten it. Most all have been on health regimens like vegetarianism or the Mediterranean diet etc, and also avid exercisers. I've noticed there is no inquiry as to what has caused their cancers. No one seems to care. The latest theory it seems is epigenetics; ie, lifestyle choices flip on our good or bad genes. I think a lot of people assume environmental pollution and cell phone radiation is to blame. Just really makes me mad to think that in my lifetime, people still don't understand what causes cancer.

Brooke Burke got thyroid cancer. She is on Dancing With the Stars and is frequently featured in fitness and health magazines due to her devotion to exercise and eating a "healthy" diet:
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... ry-2012612

Basta with the salad with olive oil and fish oil in everything, etc.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wonder how their metabolisms were?

OP
G

gretchen

Charlie said:
Wonder how their metabolisms were?

Who knows. There is so much emphasis in the media on the "healthy" lifestyle of chronic exercise and calorie restriction........ :?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So I imagine with all that exercise and undereating that their metabolism wouldn't be so great.

OP
G

gretchen

Charlie said:
So I imagine with all that exercise and undereating that their metabolism wouldn't be so great.

I suppose so........ but definitions of "health" are pretty loose these days. I just read Larry Hagman died of throat cancer; he was 81. That's pretty old, but still. Why no interest in preventing cancer?

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... ent-report

Actually, this article says he died from leukemia which is often develops in response to radiation treatments. :cry:

Lofihi

ah "the high life" arent you glad you cant afford it. I know more about health than people who get easy 20m checks for socializing at film shoots. Pat0hetic¿

burtlancast

One can never know for sure exactly what stars are eating or drinking...
Looks is everything in this profession, and (aging) stars will positively do anything to keep their younger looks ( and satisfy the studios requirements). Botox, silicone, ...

I mean who knew Patrick Swayze was an alcoholic BEFORE he came down with pancreatic cancer ? He certainly didn't look like one.

OP
G

gretchen

My criticism isn't really of the celebs but of the culture. :---( They have become held up as poster children of "how to live" which is annoying, especially when most of them look good and sound like they know what they're doing.... I'm annoyed about that and the fact that there's no inquiry in to why they got cancer. It's treated like a club you join, e.g., "celebs under 30 who got cancer".

burtlancast

I have quit with the whole media circus 6 years ago, when i saw these demolition squibs pop from the crumbling WTC towers.

This led to me learning about the cancer coverup with Edward Griffin and Max Gerson, and the media monopoly. And many other uncomfortable truths that would get me branded an instant crackpot if i ever talked about it in public.

It's trully a waste of time to follow celebrities; these people are in their overwhelming majority media prostitutes with pretty faces, getting paid millions for toeing the official line and with no morals or backbone.

The Hollywood movie industry is corrupt to the core; you can hardly watch a flick nowadays without the recurring impression of "broken record", ie the same recurring themes and emotions.

I wonder do they even have a budjet for scenarios anymore ?

So, there's trully some kind of poetic justice in seeing these stars come down with incurable diseases and then get finished by the medical mafia, given that if they were cured by alternative medecine, they would never have the courage to talk about it.

jaa

burtlancast said:
I have quit with the whole media circus 6 years ago, when i saw these demolition squibs pop from the crumbling WTC towers.

This led to me learning about the cancer coverup with Edward Griffin and Max Gerson, and the media monopoly. And many other uncomfortable truths that would get me branded an instant crackpot if i ever talked about it in public.

It's trully a waste of time to follow celebrities; these people are in their overwhelming majority media prostitutes with pretty faces, getting paid millions for toeing the official line and with no morals or backbone.

The Hollywood movie industry is corrupt to the core; you can hardly watch a flick nowadays without the recurring impression of "broken record", ie the same recurring themes and emotions.

I wonder do they even have a budjet for scenarios anymore ?

So, there's trully some kind of poetic justice in seeing these stars come down with incurable diseases and then get finished by the medical mafia, given that if they were cured by alternative medecine, they would never have the courage to talk about it.

I am not familiar with the cancer coverup theory, but given the tone of the rest of your post, I would likely label you a crackpot based on your views (feel free to label me a sheep :D). While the movie industry is corrupt (like every other industry), there is a difference between a corrupt industry and a corrupt individual. Commenting that there's poetic justice in individuals that you know nothing about getting sick and dying, is well, sick. As is your seemingly black and white view of the mainstream medical mafia vs cure all alternative medicine. And I don't wish to turn this into a 911 debate, but there are explanations aside from controlled demolitions put in place by the american gov't that explain those squibbles.

I understand that people are drawn to conspiracy theories, but I don't understand why one would choose that model of the world when more likely models exist that paint a brighter picture.

burtlancast

jaa said:
there is a difference between a corrupt industry and a corrupt individual. Commenting that there's poetic justice in individuals that you know nothing about getting sick and dying, is well, sick.
I guess it must be a blessing for sick people like me to meet such self-righteous and moraliy superior individuals on anonymous internet forums. A trully humbling experience, assurely...

jaa said:
As is your seemingly black and white view of the mainstream medical mafia vs cure all alternative medicine...

Where did your morally superior intellect see me claim alternative medecine is a cure all ?..
I humbly beg your royalty to grace me with a response...

And what about established doctors and scientists, presumably not all perverted and sick in their mind ( for a change) making similar, and even more severe accusations of their profession than i do ?

And....how was NBC today ??

jaa

burtlancast said:
I guess it must be a blessing for sick people like me to meet such self-righteous and moraliy superior individuals on anonymous internet forums. A trully humbling experience, assurely...

Ok.

Where did your morally superior intellect see me claim alternative medecine is a cure all ?..
I humbly beg your royalty to grace me with a response...

And what about established doctors and scientists, presumably not all perverted and sick in their mind ( for a change) making similar, and even more severe accusations of their profession than i do ?

And....how was NBC today ??

My bad, I misread what you typed. I thought you wrote that alternative medicine would cure cancer where as allopathic medicine would just kill patients.

So what? Modern medicine is not perfect. But it's based on science. May be imperfect science, that goes about treating the symptom rather than the cause, but it has solved a lot of problems facing the human race, and I'm pretty sure it has a better track record than alternative medicine when it comes to treating cancer. I am fairly ignorant in this area though.

To be clear, I was calling your view that celebrities who get a terminal illness and choose to have that illness treated by conventional means, and end up dying, are getting their just desserts, sick.

I don't watch tv news.

burtlancast

jaa said:
So what? Modern medicine is not perfect. But it's based on science. May be imperfect science, that goes about treating the symptom rather than the cause, but it has solved a lot of problems facing the human race, and I'm pretty sure it has a better track record than alternative medicine when it comes to treating cancer. I am fairly ignorant in this area though.

To be clear, I was calling your view that celebrities who get a terminal illness and choose to have that illness treated by conventional means, and end up dying, are getting their just desserts, sick.
1. Modern Medecine is based on POLITICS, not science. More specifically, the politics dictated by MONOPOLES and EUGENICS.

2. The track record of modern medecine for curing cancer is APPALLING and responsable for more DEATHS and SUFFERING than the sum of all total WARS of the past century.
Cancerologues are CRIMINALS that should be arrested on the spot and then emprisoned for LIFE.

3. MORE TO THE POINT: What the hell are you doing on these boards, kid ?

chris

burtlancast said:

While I have no desire to get involved, I think the quoted part was quite unnecessary. Just because you don't agree with others doesn't mean they should not post anymore, debate is good.

burtlancast

chris said:
Just because you don't agree with others doesn't mean they should not post anymore, debate is good.

Being rude while displaying his ignorant smug self-righteousness seems to be his idea of debate.

He even managed to put words into my mouth, only to admit later he was ignorant on the whole subject.

I guess being 29 is enough of an excuse...

jaa

burtlancast said:
jaa said:

1. Modern Medecine is based on POLITICS, not science. More specifically, the politics dictated by MONOPOLES and EUGENICS.

2. The track record of modern medecine for curing cancer is APPALLING and responsable for more DEATHS and SUFFERING than the sum of all total WARS of the past century.
Cancerologues are CRIMINALS that should be arrested on the spot and then emprisoned for LIFE.

1. Modern medicine is based on both. Again it's an imperfect system to be sure. However, there is a lot of quackery in alternative medicine.

2. Cancer is tough. Allopathic medicine has not figured it out. Neither has alternative medicine. Many people seeking alternative treatments have died as a result of their treatment. I would bet most cancerologists are trying to help people and that they have a higher success rate than alternative practioners. If you believe cancerologists should be locked up you're crazier than I thought.

3. Nutrition is one of the more corruptable sciences. I had tried Paleo for a while and found out about Danny Roddy through that. I noticed I felt better when I was consuming sugar, and also became interested in Ray Peats work on CO2. I am currently reading through Ray Peat's articles and trying out the diet. Even if I decide that Ray Peat's diet philosophy works for me, I likely won't agree with all his ideas in other areas of science, let alone every other alternative theory on the internet.

jaa

burtlancast said:
chris said:
Just because you don't agree with others doesn't mean they should not post anymore, debate is good.

Being rude while displaying his ignorant smug self-righteousness seems to be his idea of debate.

He even managed to put words into my mouth, only to admit later he was ignorant on the whole subject.

I guess being 29 is enough of an excuse...

lol I'm not even going to bother responding to you anymore.

burtlancast

jaa said:
lol I'm not even going to bother responding to you anymore.

Believe me, that's the best decision you've taken tonight, because, judging by your response to my 3 points, you..

...DON'T SEEM TO HAVE A CLUE !!!!...

burtlancast

gretchen said:
All I'm saying is, why doesn't anyone care about all the 50 and 60 somethings who are dropping dead of cancer?

The latest: self-help author Debbie Ford (she wrote books like The Best Year of Your Life and Dark Side of the Light Chasers), 57, has died:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/1 ... 14155.html

If you believe there are successful alternative cancer therapies out there, do you really think the medias are immune to biais (or worse) ?

That article mentions " ..a long battle" with cancer."
Which practically means the 3 scourges: cut-poison-burn.

If Ford had died of cancer after having tried an alternative therapy, the medias would have advertised " alternative medecine kills Ford".

But if she died of conventional treatment, then nothing's wrong, move along, there's nothing to see there...

Back
Top Bottom