CDP-Choline enhances cerebral glucose metabolism, increases cerebral blood flow rate & brain ATP, & decreases the accumulation of lactate in the brain

Dr. B

I also feel very agitated/anxious from choline bitartrate. I think its powerfully lowering blood sugar . My muscles also looks fuller ,which indicates that it's doing something to the liver .
What is weird though that I dont get even the slightest of these effects from choline from eggs .
Maybe it can't be absorbed that well.
There's a study suggesting that.

"The investigators have also recently shown a 10-fold increase in plasma TMAO levels following supplementation with choline bitartrate supplements [to amount 450mg of sucholine a day (original post above)]. However, another pilot study by a collaborator (unpublished) did not show the same increase in plasma TMAO levels following the ingestion of whole eggs, a major dietary source of choline. Therefore, with this study the investigators wish to examine the differences, if any, between the ingestion of an equivalent mass of total choline in the free form (as bitartrate salt) as a supplement vs. within whole eggs."
(Effects of Choline From Eggs vs. Supplements on the Generation of TMAO in Humans - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov)
what do you think muscle fullness means, its cleaning the liver?

Mauritio

Mauritio

I tried alpha gpc a few weeks ago and it made me almost suicidal . Now I can't comprehend how I even had such thoughts and dont have them anymore.

I dont react to eggs or choline bitartrate like this ,actually the bitartrate form feels very pro-metabolic when taken in low dosages (50mg) .

I do remember feeling depressed from phospatidylcholine a few years ago.

milkboi

I tried alpha gpc a few weeks ago and it made me almost suicidal . Now I can't comprehend how I even had such thoughts and dont have them anymore.

I dont react to eggs or choline bitartrate like this ,actually the bitartrate form feels very pro-metabolic when taken in low dosages (50mg) .

I do remember feeling depressed from phospatidylcholine a few years ago.
Yeah, excess acetylcholine does that. I've had that feeling before from combining too many acetylcholine promoting supplements but for some reason I don't get it anymore

Mauritio

Yeah, excess acetylcholine does that. I've had that feeling before from combining too many acetylcholine promoting supplements but for some reason I don't get it anymore
But then I should have similar symptoms from a similar amount of acetylcholine induced by either eggs or choline bitartrate, which I dont .
Or the eggs and choline bitartrate are ineffective at raising acetylcholine for some reasons, but I also dont believe that.

Actually I've seen a study suggesting something else:
Eventhough in the text they said acetylcholine-esterase decreased, the image showed that it increased directly proportional to the increase in acetylcholine in the brain leading to a steady brain concentration of acetylcholine; that was after choline bitartrate suppemmention .

Jon2547

All choline products gives me anhedonia.

Mauritio

All choline products gives me anhedonia.
Anhedonia is typically tied to low dopamine...do you exhibit any other low dopamine symptoms when taking choline ?

The study that I talked about above showed that all monoamines were increases by choline bitartrate .

Kykeon

i wonder if travis early demise was an experiment going wrong :rolleyes:. so much to learn from his writings.

Mauritio

i wonder if travis early demise was an experiment going wrong :rolleyes:. so much to learn from his writings.
Yeah it's sad that he passed away. I dont know any details so I can't speculate.

It's interesting though, to experience how much your neurotransmitters control you . Not much has changed since then ,yet I dont have depression or suicidal thoughts. When you're in that state it feels like you have always felt like that and will always feel like it.
Now that this is over, it's almost the other way around .

Borz

Forum Supporter
But then I should have similar symptoms from a similar amount of acetylcholine induced by either eggs or choline bitartrate, which I dont .
Or the eggs and choline bitartrate are ineffective at raising acetylcholine for some reasons, but I also dont believe that.

Actually I've seen a study suggesting something else:
Eventhough in the text they said acetylcholine-esterase decreased, the image showed that it increased directly proportional to the increase in acetylcholine in the brain leading to a steady brain concentration of acetylcholine; that was after choline bitartrate suppemmention .
that’s because Alpha-GPC crosses the BBB easily and can lead to excessive Acetylcholine easily, unlike other forms of choline. Alpha-GPC is probably only good for people who severely lack Acetylcholine, for a short period of time until things normalize. With other forms of choline, the body still decides how much Acetylcholine it will make using that choline, with Alpha-GPC that control doesn’t exist and so that can lead to excess. that’s my understanding. @redsun could you chime in? do you agree?

Dr. B

that’s because Alpha-GPC crosses the BBB easily and can lead to excessive Acetylcholine easily, unlike other forms of choline. Alpha-GPC is probably only good for people who severely lack Acetylcholine, for a short period of time until things normalize. With other forms of choline, the body still decides how much Acetylcholine it will make using that choline, with Alpha-GPC that control doesn’t exist and so that can lead to excess. that’s my understanding. @redsun could you chime in? do you agree?
CHoline and creatine products cause acne for me and oily skin and hair. Hair loss too seemingly

TheCodez

I've been taking Alpha GPC for 3 weeks now and holy cow! My libido is through the roof. I'm also experiencing much improved focus, motivation and social capability. This seems to be in conflict with what I see most reporting as their experience with this sup. Should I expect this to reverse at some point?

Dr. B

I've been taking Alpha GPC for 3 weeks now and holy cow! My libido is through the roof. I'm also experiencing much improved focus, motivation and social capability. This seems to be in conflict with what I see most reporting as their experience with this sup. Should I expect this to reverse at some point?
have you tried creatine. does alpha gpc cause acne, oily skin and hair for you

TheCodez

have you tried creatine. does alpha gpc cause acne, oily skin and hair for you
I have not tried creatine. I've always had oily skin and slight occasional acne. I don't believe I'm seeing any increase. I've not had hair in 26 years.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Just saw this "Estrogen, by activating phospholipase A2, acts to amplify the toxic effects of PUFA in the tissues, and these effects increase with age, and with decreased amounts of thyroid and progesterone." in this article: Unsaturated fatty acids: Nutritionally essential, or toxic?

I understand that CDP-Choline can lower or inhibit PLA2 (heard it said by William Shaw, founder of Great Plain Lab, at a workshop of theirs I was attending) so maybe it would have been approved by Peat? Personally it is one of my absolute favourite nootropic supplements.