CDP-Choline enhances cerebral glucose metabolism, increases cerebral blood flow rate & brain ATP, & decreases the accumulation of lactate in the brain

I know Ray is against choline supplementation but many nootropics users have had positive experiences with it for improving motivation, memory, and overall cognition.

CDP-Choline breaks down into uridine which has many dopaminergic effects on the body as well. @Hans
wrote an article on this.

"Citicoline enhances the incorporation of blood glucose into the brain and its metabolism in the brain. It increases slightly the cerebral blood flow rate and decreases the accumulation of lactate in the brain."

"Citicoline exhibits neuroregenerative effects and activates neurogenesis, synaptogenesis, and angiogenesis and enhances neurotransmitter metabolism. Acute and long-term treatment with citicoline is safe and in most clinical studies is effective and improves functional outcome."

1629844085149.png

Last edited:

Vinny

I know Ray is against choline supplementation but many nootropics users have had positive experiences with it for improving motivation, memory, and overall cognition.

CDP-Choline breaks down into uridine which has many dopaminergic effects on the body as well. @Hans
wrote an article on this.

"Citicoline enhances the incorporation of blood glucose into the brain and its metabolism in the brain. It increases slightly the cerebral blood flow rate and decreases the accumulation of lactate in the brain."

"Citicoline exhibits neuroregenerative effects and activates neurogenesis, synaptogenesis, and angiogenesis and enhances neurotransmitter metabolism. Acute and long-term treatment with citicoline is safe and in most clinical studies is effective and improves functional outcome."

View attachment 27022
1. So, these are animal studies, correct?
2. Why this thread is labelled anti-peat?

Wolf

I think much of the problems surrounding choline is taking the crappy form or in the form of eggs.
Choline bitartrate gave me bad sides as did eggs sans ginger or other digestive enzymes.
Citicoline continues to impress.

Vinny

Dr. B

I think much of the problems surrounding choline is taking the crappy form or in the form of eggs.
Choline bitartrate gave me bad sides as did eggs sans ginger or other digestive enzymes.
Citicoline continues to impress.
what side effects did you get from eggs and choline bitartrate?
i get similr effects from creatine and choline bitartrate.
some hair loss itchy scalp, oily skin, more energy
whys citicholine better and what effects do you get from it

Mauritio

milkboi

Can you compare it to choline bitartrate, eggs or any other choline source?
The only thing that feels comparable in its effects is nicotine. Eggs unfortunately aren’t subjectively noticeably nootropic to me and neither was choline bitartrate

Mauritio

The only thing that feels comparable in its effects is nicotine. Eggs unfortunately aren’t subjectively noticeably nootropic to me and neither was choline bitartrate
Interesting I might give it a shot ! Did you try cdp choline ?

Mauritio

Why would Peat be against choline and recommend the most choline rich foods liver & eggs?
I dont think he's anti-choline per se, is he ? I rather think he's against excessive acetylcholine.

milkboi

Interesting I might give it a shot ! Did you try cdp choline ?
Nope, not yet but I think CDP choline is basically a combination of the effects of Alpha GPC and Uridine Monophosphate (CDP C partly converts to Uridine) and I also really like Uridine. In fact, that is one sup that also feels comparable to Alpha GPC, although it has more of a dopaminergic rush to it.

Mauritio

Nope, not yet but I think CDP choline is basically a combination of the effects of Alpha GPC and Uridine Monophosphate (CDP C partly converts to Uridine) and I also really like Uridine. In fact, that is one sup that also feels comparable to Alpha GPC, although it has more of a dopaminergic rush to it.
Thx mate , I ordered some alpha CDP . I need some additional choline for when I take piracetam

Dr. B

Why would Peat be against choline and recommend the most choline rich foods liver & eggs?
I dont think he's anti-choline per se, is he ? I rather think he's against excessive acetylcholine.

he is against all forms of supplementation due to its pro methylation effects (maybe something else too). he recommends high choline foods just to meet the minimum requirements of like 500mg or 550mg a day

choline bitartrate causes acne, oily skin and hair, increase of anxiety, maybe bit more energy for me...

Wolf

what side effects did you get from eggs and choline bitartrate?
i get similr effects from creatine and choline bitartrate.
some hair loss itchy scalp, oily skin, more energy
whys citicholine better and what effects do you get from it
Same side effects. You can trace it to allergenic proteins in the case of eggs if you take it with enzymes or some ginger tea. Choline bitartrate gives a bunch of agitation type effects and secondary skin effects.
For me citicoline dramatically boosts my cognitive energy and lets me keep going long after my day is over. It doesn’t seem to be causing me any strange effects like adrafanil.

Mauritio

he is against all forms of supplementation due to its pro methylation effects (maybe something else too). he recommends high choline foods just to meet the minimum requirements of like 500mg or 550mg a day

choline bitartrate causes acne, oily skin and hair, increase of anxiety, maybe bit more energy for me...
I also feel very agitated/anxious from choline bitartrate. I think its powerfully lowering blood sugar . My muscles also looks fuller ,which indicates that it's doing something to the liver .
What is weird though that I dont get even the slightest of these effects from choline from eggs .
Maybe it can't be absorbed that well.
There's a study suggesting that.

"The investigators have also recently shown a 10-fold increase in plasma TMAO levels following supplementation with choline bitartrate supplements [to amount 450mg of sucholine a day (original post above)]. However, another pilot study by a collaborator (unpublished) did not show the same increase in plasma TMAO levels following the ingestion of whole eggs, a major dietary source of choline. Therefore, with this study the investigators wish to examine the differences, if any, between the ingestion of an equivalent mass of total choline in the free form (as bitartrate salt) as a supplement vs. within whole eggs."
(Effects of Choline From Eggs vs. Supplements on the Generation of TMAO in Humans - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals