CDC’s Failed Coronavirus Tests Were Tainted With Coronavirus, Feds Confirm

Drareg

I’m not sure if this story passed through here-
CDC’s failed coronavirus tests were tainted with coronavirus, feds confirm

"As the new coronavirus took root across America, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sent states tainted test kits in early February that were themselves seeded with the virus, federal officials have confirmed."

"Problems that led to the contamination included researchers coming and going from labs working on the test kits without changing their coats and researchers sharing lab space to both assemble test components and handle samples containing the coronavirus.
The CDC said in a statement Saturday to the Times that the agency “did not manufacture its test consistent with its own protocol.” Though the CDC appeared reluctant to admit contamination was at the root of the problem, the Times noted that in a separate statement the CDC seemed to acknowledge such problems, saying the agency has since “implemented enhanced quality control to address the issue and will be assessing the issue moving forward.”

RealNeat

So this would imply false positives? I don't think it could actually infect someone?

boris

@RealNeat the german study by Streeck who went to hundreds of homes of corona infected persons found that there is no smear infection. They swabbed the whole house including the toilet and only found non infectious virus parts.

RealNeat

@RealNeat the german study by Streeck who went to hundreds of homes of corona infected persons found that there is no smear infection. They swabbed the whole house including the toilet and only found non infectious virus parts.
Could you link it?

SOMO

So this would imply false positives? I don't think it could actually infect someone?

I think the article states the contamination was present at the lab which performs the test, not at the time the patient took the test, so no risk of infection to the patient.

boris

Could you link it?
Here is the study: Infection fatality rate of SARS-CoV-2 infection in a German community with a super-spreading event

And here is an interview: German virologist: Covid-19 is less deadly than we thought

He discusses something that does not get the attention it deserves though it's known for a hundred years: The dose makes the poison.
  • small viral load (being outdoors or short contacts) >> no or mild symptoms
  • bigger viral load (poor hygiene; crowded, poorly ventilated rooms; long. contacts) >> more severe outcome
The infection fatality rate they calculated was 0.37 percent, but he explains that it's probably lower. Plus it was a superspreading event: horny drunken people, singing and dancing indoors.

Even among old people with lung disease were asymptomatic cases. Second attack rate quite low (= not everyone in a household gets infected). No clusters in schools.

Another interview in German: Virologe Hendrik Streeck - Jung & Live #23

OP
Drareg

Drareg

No I don’t think so, just false result which some people probably found strange with no symptoms so got another test and then reported the false one which caused the cdc to release damage control press articles IMO.
What it does highlight is some comments made by Peat in interviews about how poor standards are in these facilities and how easy it would be for viruses to escape ,in general the low standards allows a wholes host of potentialities that are not good.