CDC study from 2005 shows ADES (Antibody Depedent Enhancement) was known risk for Pfizer vaccine

IROM

From 1-3 it looks like they did a lot wrong. It wasn't broad spectrum, it didn't induce protection against infection and it included FULL LENGTH S-PROTEIN which is a major vehicle for Antibody Dependent Enhancement (ADE).

Volume 11, Number 7—July 2005​

SARS Vaccine Development​

Shibo Jiang*Comments to Author , Yuxian He*, and Shuwen Liu*
Author affiliations: *New York Blood Center, New York, New York, USA

...Polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies against S protein of the late SARS-CoV (Urbani strain) could neutralize infection by the relevant late SARS-CoV strains. However, these antibodies enhanced infection by an early human SARS-CoV isolate (GD03T0013) and the civet SARS-CoV–like viruses. These investigators have shown that the ACE2-binding domain mediates the antibody-dependent enhancement of civet SARS-CoV–like virus entry (6). Theoretically, some antibodies to the ACE2-binding domain may enhance infection if these antibodies closely mimic the receptor ACE2 and induce similar conformational changes, as the receptor likely does. The S protein with truncation at aa 1153 failed to cause antibody-dependent enhancement of infection, although it still induced neutralizing antibodies. This finding suggests that removal of the aa 1153–1194 region may abrogate induction of virus infection–enhancing antibodies
My note on this is that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines both have FULL S PROTEIN antibody reliance instead of the recommended truncated S PROTEIN.

Conclusions​

An ideal SARS vaccine should 1) elicit highly potent neutralizing antibody responses against a broad spectrum of viral strains; 2) induce protection against infection and transmission; and 3) be safe by not inducing any infection-enhancing antibodies or harmful immune or inflammatory responses. Currently, an inactivated SARS-CoV vaccine is in clinical trials in China. Safety is the major concern for this type of vaccine (12). The S protein is the major inducer of neutralizing antibodies. Recombinant vector-based vaccines expressing full-length S protein of the late SARS-CoV are under development. These vaccines can induce potent neutralizing and protective responses in immunized animals but may induce antibodies that enhance infection by early human SARS-CoV and animal SARS-CoV–like viruses (6). Recent studies have demonstrated that recombinant RBD consists of multiple conformational neutralizing epitopes that induce highly potent neutralizing antibodies against SARS-CoV (9,26,3538). Unlike full-length S protein, RBD does not contain immunodominant sites that induce nonneutralizing antibodies. RBD sequences are relatively conserved. Thus, recombinant RBD or vectors encoding RBD may be used as safe and efficacious vaccines for preventing infection by SARS-CoV with distinct genotypes.

J.R.K

From 1-3 it looks like they did a lot wrong. It wasn't broad spectrum, it didn't induce protection against infection and it included FULL LENGTH S-PROTEIN which is a major vehicle for Antibody Dependent Enhancement (ADE).

My note on this is that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines both have FULL S PROTEIN antibody reliance instead of the recommended truncated S PROTEIN.
An intriguing study, I find this whole business of ADE to be an interesting irony, to build antibodies with something that is meant to confer protection but actually the antibodies help the virus bind tighter to the cell and enter it easier.
To add a Peatarian view on this, if one were to have enough apiginen, naringinen, glycine, and be on the low side of iron. Would one be at a reduced risk level of contracting the virus and the above mentioned ADE helping it?

OP
IROM

IROM

I think it shows that they knew we'd run into the delta variant and they just did this anyway.

The diet aspect is interesting. I know COVID19 can be treated with progesterone but never considered apigenin and naringenin. Do think Glycine is ridiculously overlooked given its role in electron transport through glutathione production.

Drareg

This is nuts, who was it that said the vaccine will leave us more susceptible to severe reactions from common cold infections?

J.R.K

I think it shows that they knew we'd run into the delta variant and they just did this anyway.

The diet aspect is interesting. I know COVID19 can be treated with progesterone but never considered apigenin and naringenin. Do think Glycine is ridiculously overlooked given its role in electron transport through glutathione production.
I am unsure about the exact mechanism that it works, but I have been using collagen daily since @haidut posted in his blog the study that indicated that glycine prevents the virus from forming a capsid inside the cell, thus when the new virus’ break out of the cell they are easily identified by the immune systems T cells. In addition I believe that the virus requires the capsid to enter into cells. The thing that I like the best is that this is not limited to just one virus or type of virus but research indicates that glycine is effective for ALL viruses.
I think that Dr Peats last newsletter was incredibly insightful in shedding (pardon the pun) some light on how iron overload can affect the gut barrier and allow virus’ into the bloodstream.

J.R.K

This is nuts, who was it that said the vaccine will leave us more susceptible to severe reactions from common cold infections?
I think that ADE was the biggest reason that all other attempts at previous Corona Virus vaccines were never brought to market and all previous attempts at approval were shot down.
I do not believe that the antibody dependent enhancement issue was ever resolved, and I do not believe that issue was addressed in the current investigational gene therapy vaccine experiment currently underway within the global population.
Preaching to the choir on the phenomenon of ADE @Drareg. Before this all started I thought having antibodies were a good thing. Apparently the development of antibodies can be helpful to us but they could also be harmful as well.

OP
IROM

IROM

Was it Nobel Laurette Luc Montagnier?

I am unsure about the exact mechanism that it works, but I have been using collagen daily since @haidut posted in his blog the study that indicated that glycine prevents the virus from forming a capsid inside the cell, thus when the new virus’ break out of the cell they are easily identified by the immune systems T cells. In addition I believe that the virus requires the capsid to enter into cells. The thing that I like the best is that this is not limited to just one virus or type of virus but research indicates that glycine is effective for ALL viruses.
I think that Dr Peats last newsletter was incredibly insightful in shedding (pardon the pun) some light on how iron overload can affect the gut barrier and allow virus’ into the bloodstream.
Interesting. Did not know

OP
IROM

IROM

Maybe it was the antidepressant serotonin agonist activity combined with the s-protein. Whole different category from ADES but still immune enhancement.