CD38 Dictates Age-Related NAD Decline and Mitochondrial Dysfunction through an SIRT3-Dependent Mechanism

OP
David PS

David PS

Hoffer as spoken positive for niacin flush, niacin no flush, and niacinamide. There are some differences between them. Cost being one of them.
Here is his thoughts on them.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zTOEWrdArY
Yes, Dr. Hoffer was the expert on the state of medical understanding of these 3 forms of vitamin B3. He died in 2009. There have been additional understandings about Vitamin B3 since then and his understanding is now far from complete. Here is a search for posts of Haidut that adds studies that Dr. Hofer could not have spoken about. They describe additional difference between niacin and niacinamide.

When Dr. Hoffer spoke he was correct at the time but his understanding is incomplete by today's standards. By focusing only on Dr. Hoffer's understanding I missed many fine points about the various forms of B3.

Last edited:

Ismail

When Dr. Hoffer spoke he was correct at the time but his understanding is incomplete by today's standards. By focusing only on Dr. Hoffer's understanding I missed many fine points about the various forms of B3.
Good point and observation 👌

OP
David PS

David PS

Good point and observation 👌
Thanks, I needed that. Dr. Hoffer has been a hero of mine for decades. He was a medical trail blazer. I did not intend to disparage his good name.

Ismail

Thanks, I needed that. Dr. Hoffer has been a hero of mine for decades. He was a medical trail blazer. I did not intend to disparage his good name.
You’re welcome bud, you def didn’t give the impression of disparaging his name at all, in fact quite the opposite, it was obvious that you held/hold him in high esteem from your many previous posts.

Ismail

Just a mini-update, I totally stopped taking all the above supplements I was trying, I felt a little stressed from taking them, similar to how caffeine makes me feel.

The last few days, after reading through the forum about niacinamide, I realised maybe I was taking too high of a dose.

I’ve been taking 100mg (which may still be a little high perhaps) niacinamide everyday for the last week approximately, and I’ve def felt a little more “energetic” than usual, my skin is also feeling more smooth and clearer.

I’m also taking a b-complex and TTFD with the niacinamide, in case niacinamide depletes the other B vitamins.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals