CBD Oil : Need Advice > Pro's / Con's

DMF

I've never used this much touted miracle remedy - recommended for so many kinds of ailments, as I'm skeptical.
I'd like to give it a try - but can't tell which brands are reliable or not.
Any advice - recommendations?

I think you need large doses of CBD and in combination with other cannabinoids to get the full effect from it.

Tweedle Farms sells CBD flower shake.

This allows you to make it yourself, ensuring that the quality hasn't been compromised in the 'processing' of the plant.

If you go this route, dont forget to decarboxylate at 230F for 60 min, then throw in pot with coconut oil and put on stovetop on low setting for 4+ hours.

This is the only cost effective method i've found to get the large doses in. For example there was one study that showed CBD was beneficial for cannabis use disorder (aka addiction to THC) but it wasn't effective until 400mg daily or some crazy high amount.

I tend to also be super skeptical & for this reason dont really trust other people's methods of processing, for example a lot of people think you can just isolate the CBD by itself and get rid of all the other cannabinoids and terpenes etc, but studies show us time and time again that isolating things generally will have side effects and or not as useful as when the whole plant is used together.

Gavino

I did try CBD about 6 months ago for a recurring muscle knot in my back that was not going away this time around. Spoke with a very knowledgeable person at a local health food store who recommended a topical and an oral for my issue. Both brands were highly touted and not cheap. Started with the oral, lowest dose once in the morning for a few days. About day 5 I told my wife, “I think I’m happy, I don’t believe I have anything to be sad about, but I feel like I need to talk to a shrink or something! I leave for work and a half hour in I start feeling like I want to cry.” She looked up CBD since it was so new to my system. Turns out, CBD does have an adverse “downer/depressing” affect on some people. Stopped taking it, the sadness went away. Months later I decided to try the topical since the knot was still there. Half hour in, sad all over again. Threw it all away.

A friend of mine gives it to her autistic son, who is 19, to help with his seizures. He has not had this kind of reaction so I guess your body chemistry is a factor. But I won’t be using it again.

Hope that helps!

I've never used this much touted miracle remedy - recommended for so many kinds of ailments, as I'm skeptical.
I'd like

I know this thread is a little old, but I am curious about Gavino's reaction. Is it common to feel depressed with CBD products?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals