Cavities: To Fill Or Not To Fill

FredSonoma

Ruined my teeth somehow, before Peating never had a cavity in my life ! Now I have 5 hahah

Whether it was the OJ or the massive amounts of white sugar I have no idea, but my teeth or messed up

Three of my molars have very deep decay, practically unusable teeth

So to fill them or not to fill them? What have people here with cavities done ? Which decisions are you happy about? Which did you regret?

Stilgar

I had many, many, many in my early days of Peating. It is done now, don't beat yourself up about it.

Most important things for me are magnesium and gut health. Over-eating made it worse. Thoughtful eating makes them better. Cascara seemed stopped the cavities forming and magnesium (potato juice, greens), dairy fat and olive oil strengthened my teeth. Poor gut transit and low thyroid. It wasn't as simple as eating a bunch of sugar or just taking thyroid, at least not for me.

I am considering travelling abroad for full porcelain crowns at some point to minimise excessive repeated work on small replacement fillings etc.

Hazarlar

I am in the same situation. I haven't made it to the dentist yet.

I just started to use cronometer.com last friday and noticed that i don't get any reasonable amounts of vitamins D and K from food, because I dropped fatty fish from my menu and I don't generally eat lot of vegetables. Pickled cucumbers (K2) are now in the menu, though. Started to supplement D and K2 (Mk-7), even before I checked cronometer. I am interested in K2 (Mk-4), but nobody sells it here ... Also oil pulling with coconut oil seems to be good. I try to limit grains because of phytic acid, soak them before, or eat more potatoes.

Siping OJ throughout the day, eating fruits and ice cream isn't a good thing for my teeth unless I have a possibility to wash them afterwards.

InChristAlone

Xylitol in between meals. Brings saliva to the teeth. But need to have a mineral dense diet to have alkaline saliva. Also K2 very important. I neglected oral hygeine and paid for it with a root canal. I now brush with regular crest toohpaste (no glycerin), basically Dr. Ellie's system.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Xylitol in between meals. Brings saliva to the teeth. But need to have a mineral dense diet to have alkaline saliva. Also K2 very important. I neglected oral hygeine and paid for it with a root canal. I now brush with regular crest toohpaste (no glycerin), basically Dr. Ellie's system.
What brand of xylitol do you use?

jitsmonkey

increasing metabolism exposes your shortfalls
Lack of calcium, A, D, K, etc....
phosphorous exceeding calcium
has nothing to do with sugar rotting your teeth.
fill the gaps in your diet and research the forum on options for increasing dental health and you'll remedy your dental issues
obviously if they're advanced to a degree that's serious then more action may be needed.
Red light, sunshine, all the substances mentioned prior.

this all assumes you don't perform dental hygiene once a month ;-)
but the most serious issues are not hygiene nor sugar,
they're dietary shortfalls
while increasing metabolism.

Peater Piper

There's a lot of people claiming to have reversed their cavities through various means. The enamel is certainly capable of remineralization to some degree, but once damage has reached the dentin, I doubt it can be repaired. In cases of significant decay, there's the risk of infection, not to mention the discomfort. There's a lot of horror stories about amalgam fillings, but I haven't looked into what the alternatives are.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals