Cavities because of cp growth??

Bertje

Hello all, for almost 10 years I never had any cavitie and had good oral health, now couple months a go I started a buteyko cursus, I started with a cp of 15-20 sec and now im at 35 sec, I feel better, sleep improved, lost a bit of weigth, and energy levels increased, but last time I visited the dentist couple weeks a go and now I suddenly have 2 cavities!! They are now filled but today I looked in the mirror and I think I see a new one... what the hell is going one, could it have to do with buteyko?

Hello all, for almost 10 years I never had any cavitie and had good oral health, now couple months a go I started a buteyko cursus, I started with a cp of 15-20 sec and now im at 35 sec, I feel better, sleep improved, lost a bit of weigth, and energy levels increased, but last time I visited the dentist couple weeks a go and now I suddenly have 2 cavities!! They are now filled but today I looked in the mirror and I think I see a new one... what the hell is going one, could it have to do with buteyko?
No. Cavities are cause from eating anti-nutients such as grains and beans and not enough calcium, vitamin K and vitamin D.

By the way you are familiar with buteyko?
Not much about it, just basic idea of breathing right. I get what you were implying, a lot of mouth breathing creating cavities. If that were a a major cause then why wouldn't wolves, lions and such in the wild and have them with all their panting?

OP
B

Bertje

Not much about it, just basic idea of breathing right. I get what you were implying, a lot of mouth breathing creating cavities. If that were a a major cause then why wouldn't wolves, lions and such in the wild and have them with all their panting?
I dont know why you ask me that question about the panting animals, what has this to do with my question? I never breath through my mouth, even before buteyko and even when I was a child I was a good nose breather

Well you didn't clarify your question enough for me to understand why you would think exercise would cause cavities?

Breathing through the mouth is thought to cause cavities, that is why brought up the panting animala. A lot gets lost in texting.

OP
B

Bertje

Well you didn't clarify your question enough for me to understand why you would think exercise would cause cavities?
?? Why do you say that I said exercise causes cavities? My question is about cp growth and cavities??

Energizer

Low thyroid / high estrogen, low vitamin D, low calcium (or high phosphorous to calcium ratio) all contribute to dental decay.

TheSir

This is a known occurrence in the Buteyko circles. At first increasing CP may cause cavities to worsen, but once pushed through your teeth will become much stronger than before, as the antibacterial and remineralizing properties of your saliva increase. I'm not sure what's the reasoning behind the phenomenon, perhaps increased availability of oxygen helps the caries causing bacteria thrive?

OP
B

Bertje

This is a known occurrence in the Buteyko circles. At first increasing CP may cause cavities to worsen, but once pushed through your teeth will become much stronger than before, as the antibacterial and remineralizing properties of your saliva increase. I'm not sure what's the reasoning behind the phenomenon, perhaps increased availability of oxygen helps the caries causing bacteria thrive?
Yes I also heard something about this... was hoping people here know more about it because its a bit strange

Gungnir

no idea what a CP is

Agreed. buteyko increases your body‘s response against bad bacteria.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals