Cautiously impulsive, fired up yet Phlegmatic

Philomath

Greetings everyone! It's good to be around like minded people with the same struggles and challenges. I look forward to getting advice and feed-back from the group. Per the moderators instructions, here's some Q&A about me.

What's your age?

How did you find the forum?
Just about every google search I perform has the words "ray peat" somewhere in it. It was only a matter of time
before I found this forum.

How did you find Ray Peat's work?
I'm a bit like Roddy...trying this or that, master cleanse, low carb, P90X etc. However, a friend told me about the
"Paleo Diet" and I started that right away. While searching for recipes, I came upon an interesting comment from an
intelligent Peatetarian. I've been reading, listening and following Dr. Peat ever since.

How long have you been Peating?
Maybe six months?? It took several weeks/months to fully wrap my head around Peat... enough to begin buying groceries and
commit. I've been drinking grass fed whole milk, OJ, coffee, Ice cream... I've got it all.

What is your favorite part about Peating?
Uncovering something new every day. Seeing the connections between
thyroid issues and illnesses like my daughters ADHD and my father-in-law's Parkinsons/MS.

What is the worst part?
Trying to explain Peat to my friends and family. Trying to get buy-in from my doctor. Not getting my temps up past
97.7F, not being able to find chocolate without soy lechtin that doesn't cost $5 a bar, knowing it's going to be
a while before things finally click, finding food without added supplements, trying not to go broke buying groceries

What are your health issues?
I believe I'm hypothyroid - slight depression, lethargy, low temps/BPM, brain fog and forgetfulness, candida rash, dark
circles under the eyes, pale skin, cold extremities, undiagnosable nasal drainage (possible GERD, allergies, etc),
interrupted sleep, thin but struggling with belly fat, hair loss and tinnitus. (good thing I'm already married!)

What other questions should we ask?....... 1. What's the worst anti-Peat food you've eaten? 2. what new foods have you tried since peating? (1. Beignet's saturated in cottonseed oil 2. head-cheese)

Dan W

Welcome, Philomath!

Philomath said:
What is the worst part?
Trying to explain Peat to my friends and family. Trying to get buy-in from my doctor. Not getting my temps up past
97.7F, not being able to find chocolate without soy lechtin that doesn't cost $5 a bar, knowing it's going to be
a while before things finally click, finding food without added supplements, trying not to go broke buying groceries
I can identify with most of these. And early on, I think I described Peat to my family as something like "this interesting old guy in Mexico that thinks the thyroid is really important."

Philomath said:
I believe I'm hypothyroid - slight depression, lethargy, low temps/BPM, brain fog and forgetfulness, candida rash, dark
circles under the eyes, pale skin, cold extremities, undiagnosable nasal drainage (possible GERD, allergies, etc),
interrupted sleep, thin but struggling with belly fat, hair loss and tinnitus. (good thing I'm already married!)
:lol: Unfortunately, I can identify with most of these too!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Philomath, welcome to the forum. :welcome

While searching for recipes, I came upon an interesting comment from an
intelligent Peatetarian.

Do you happen to remember what that comment was?

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Charlie said:
Philomath, welcome to the forum. :welcome

While searching for recipes, I came upon an interesting comment from an
intelligent Peatetarian.

Do you happen to remember what that comment was?

Unfortunately, I don't. If I had to guess, I think it was about added sugar and the debate was over the benefits of sugar. The comments were certainly not mainstream, but it was written with a friendly, analytical and helpful manner (something not typical with the Paleo folks) . It was intriguing enough for me to visit Ray's website- to verify. I've been visiting the site at least once a day ever since.

Thank you Charlie for Administering and Dan for Moderating! This "journey" will be far easier with help and advice from others.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:hattip

4peatssake

:welcome2 to the forum Philomath!

I identify with your experience and have many of the same issues! And like you, as soon as I read Ray's website, I've been visiting it ever since. I think my first visit lasted over 24 hours! :lol:

It is amazing how much falls into place and the connections that can be made between thyroid and so many illnesses. I realized very quickly that for so many years, I've been barking up the wrong tree! :roll:

Glad you are here!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom