Causes and cure of pancreatic insufficiency?

Zpol

PUFAs because they inhibit pancreatic enzymes.
Also, Celiac, but one argue that the cause of celiac would ultimately be the cause of pancreatic insufficiency. That being, low thyroid, low metabolism, lack of proper nutrition, and over exposure to toxins and stress.

PUFAs because they inhibit pancreatic enzymes.
Also, Celiac, but one argue that the cause of celiac would ultimately be the cause of pancreatic insufficiency. That being, low thyroid, low metabolism, lack of proper nutrition, and over exposure to toxins and stress.
Funny I keep running into you Motif ? Besides my pancreatic stone attacks and my sister's insulin and blood sugar issues, I don't know much more about other pancreatic problems. In my case it was not enough calcium and too much phosphorus and oxalates. My sister's troubles is from drinking WAY too much alcohol and eating a mostly PUFA laden diet of sandwiches, beans, bacon, pork brats, noodles, without a "Peaty" thing to mention. Some things that can help give the pancreas a boost, and possible repair, are dandilion, vitamin C, seaweed, quercetin & bromailain and coffee. There are many more touted on the internet to help, but I am reluctant to recommend them, being not so "Peaty".

OP
M

Motif

Funny I keep running into you Motif ? Besides my pancreatic stone attacks and my sister's insulin and blood sugar issues, I don't know much more about other pancreatic problems. In my case it was not enough calcium and too much phosphorus and oxalates. My sister's troubles is from drinking WAY too much alcohol and eating a mostly PUFA laden diet of sandwiches, beans, bacon, pork brats, noodles, without a "Peaty" thing to mention. Some things that can help give the pancreas a boost, and possible repair, are dandilion, vitamin C, seaweed, quercetin & bromailain and coffee. There are many more touted on the internet to help, but I am reluctant to recommend them, being not so "Peaty".
And I keep reading the seaweed thing ?
I will read up that stuff. For nutrients mainly.

all my symptoms started too when I was drinking real heavy every weekend back in the days and I kept drinking for many years on weekends, cause I didn’t think there could have been a connection, but maybe that really caused all that mess in my body.

all my symptoms started too when I was drinking real heavy every weekend back in the days and I kept drinking for many years on weekends, cause I didn’t think there could have been a connection, but maybe that really caused all that mess in my body.
Oh definetly! Alcohol abuse, medicine abuse, excessive dieting or, in my case, the wrong diet. I did the Eat Right For Your Blood Type Diet to better my health, and as well intended as it was and served me well in many ways, the addition of lots of olive oil, broccoli, spinach, oats, black beans & black eyed peas all void of calcium, created a mess for me too! I had stones everywhere! Once I added back in the calcium and took out ALL of those things I mentioned, I never had a stone or joint and muscle oxalate pains again. Thank you Ray Peat!

Nemo

In the most recent Danny Roddy show (#55), Ray talks about curing an alcoholic friend with fibrosis through all his organs. He cured him in a few months with progesterone, magnesium and thyroid.

The progesterone dose was "as much as felt good." The guy was going through two bottles of Progest-E a week.

Not saying you were an addict, but your symptoms keep pointing to the same things.

Oh definetly! Alcohol abuse, medicine abuse, excessive dieting or, in my case, the wrong diet. I did the Eat Right For Your Blood Type Diet to better my health, and as well intended as it was and served me well in many ways, the addition of lots of olive oil, broccoli, spinach, oats, black beans & black eyed peas all void of calcium, created a mess for me too! I had stones everywhere! Once I added back in the calcium and took out ALL of those things I mentioned, I never had a stone or joint and muscle oxalate pains again. Thank you Ray Peat!
It is funny how our body is, with either, many things causing one problem or many problems connected back to one thing. Our body's firm stance is, "it's for me to know and you to find out". I hope you get to the bottom of it all ?

OP
M

Motif

In the most recent Danny Roddy show (#55), Ray talks about curing an alcoholic friend with fibrosis through all his organs. He cured him in a few months with progesterone, magnesium and thyroid.

The progesterone dose was "as much as felt good." The guy was going through two bottles of Progest-E a week.

Not saying you were an addict, but your symptoms keep pointing to the same things.

I’ll get my thyroid checked again soon.
ten years ago I convinced my doctor to give me medication to get my tsh down. I took it 6 months, but it didn’t made a difference

Nemo

I’ll get my thyroid checked again soon.
ten years ago I convinced my doctor to give me medication to get my tsh down. I took it 6 months, but it didn’t made a difference

Motif, I'll bet he gave you Synthroid.

OP
M

Motif

Nemo

L thyroxin was the name I think

Yep, that's Synthroid.

Look around this forum and look at other thyroid forums and you will learn why everyone complains that l-thyroxin doesn't help them.

OP
M

Motif

Yep, that's Synthroid.

Look around this forum and look at other thyroid forums and you will learn why everyone complains that l-thyroxin doesn't help them.

yeah but my thoughts on that always were - I don’t really want to play with hormones on my own and if doctors don’t really help with this I don’t know what to do.

Khaled MK

Low zinc and copper is why I think something with my digestion is wrong.
I never was able to raise the levels even with high copper and zinc foods or supplements:

and i never was able to go regularly and it looks like there’s a problem with fat digestion
Try a liquid zinc supplement.

Taurine, glycine, magnesium, topical vitamin D3(if youre deficient), sunlight, incandescent light and calcium rich foods should help with gallbladder issues.

Have you tried the daily raw carrot?

OP
M

Motif

Try a liquid zinc supplement.

Taurine, glycine, magnesium, topical vitamin D3(if youre deficient), sunlight, incandescent light and calcium rich foods should help with gallbladder issues.

Have you tried the daily raw carrot?
Daily raw carrot does nothing unfortunately.

i have zinc sulphate here. It seems to work really good, but right now I switched to two canned oysters a day cause I’m scared that zinc supplements mess with copper and ceruloplasmin. Many people claim that.

I’ll try to get more of the stuff you listed!

T

TheBeard

Medicine abuse: it's all a matter of balance in the abuse.
My endotoxins are high, I need to take Augmentin if I want them lowered.
Augmentin is a burden to the liver, but endotoxins are a chronic burden to the liver as well, so do I want to get rid of the chronic burden by inflicting an acute burden...

Pancreas issues are just the consequence of a clogged liver. The liver is first in line and needs to be addressed.

Khaled MK

Daily raw carrot does nothing unfortunately.

i have zinc sulphate here. It seems to work really good, but right now I switched to two canned oysters a day cause I’m scared that zinc supplements mess with copper and ceruloplasmin. Many people claim that.

I’ll try to get more of the stuff you listed!
Are you eating enough animal protein?
If yes try consuming something acidic everytime you eat some to increase its digestion. Things like lemonade, orange juice, coca cola or even water with some vinegar should work. Just make sure to rinse your teeth afterwards or use a straw to keep your them clean.

Liquid zinc sulphate works well in my experience. Yea you dont wanna use it for more than a week, 2 weeks max.

Ideally you would get those things from food but if its not possible make sure the supplements are clean and dont have any of those nasty fillers like silica, modified starch and cellulose, talc, titanium dioxide,...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals