Cause of little patches of blood under my skin on arms?

Sedonagal

I am a 68-year-old female. It seems that the past year especially on my left arm I keep getting little patches of blood under my skin without injury. I have seen this happen to a couple of my friends who are my age but not everyone seems to get this. It is usually on my left arm What could be causing this?

LucyL

I am a 68-year-old female. It seems that the past year especially on my left arm I keep getting little patches of blood under my skin without injury. I have seen this happen to a couple of my friends who are my age but not everyone seems to get this. It is usually on my left arm What could be causing this?
Are they like bruises? Maybe Vitamin K would help.

Greg says

Sounds like cherry angiomas. I think oestrogen/stress hormones related.

OP
S

Sedonagal

Are they like bruises? Maybe Vitamin K would help.
Not bruises at all. Just blood under the skin. Starts out light pink then gradually gets darker red then goes away after several days to a week. I do take VitaminK

Could it be senile purpura?

peatypie

Do you take aspirin? I have found that when I take aspirin, I will get this as well. When I stop, it goes away.

OP
S

Sedonagal

Could it be senile purpura?
Thanks. I looked that up and it’s the closest to it but these patches are more pink and do not ever look like bruises. But I’m tending to think that is what they are

OP
S

Sedonagal

Do you take aspirin? I have found that when I take aspirin, I will get this as well. When I stop, it goes away.
No I have always had blood that takes a long time to stop bleeding if I cut myself so I am leery of aspirin or fish oil or anything else that tends the blood. I’d also take vitamin K to counteract that tendency

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals