Cause Of Excessive Sweating

OP
B

brix

I think dopamine agonists like adamantane have been most successful in helping control my sweat rate. This would indicate it could have been low dopamine for me. Serotonin antagonists worked but not nearly as effectively.

Have been taking adamantane daily for the last week. Still sweating uncontrollably. Feels like my metabolism is too fast or my energy is turning to heat instead of energy

JohnA

Two thoughts:

1. It depends on whether it's full-body sweating (e.g. back, arms, legs, etc.) or mainly in the armpits, palms, and soles.

The eccrine sweat glands drive full-body sweating. This sweat is watery, activated by your body temperature being above your body's temperature setpoint, and doesn't really lead to much body odor. Assuming you only start sweating when you are above 98.6 and you replace the lost fluids and minerals, frequent full-body sweating is probably neutral to positive for your body.

The apocrine sweat glands drive armpit sweating. This sweat is more viscous and sticky, is activated by stress hormones, and leads to body odor as bacteria decompose the nutrients in the sticky fluid. This sweating is bad since it signifies high stress levels. Excessive armpit sweat also leads people to cover their sweat glands in aluminum-based compounds to prevent sweating. Antiperspirants just seem intuitively unhealthy to me.

2. I said that full-body sweating is positive when you are actually hyperthermic and need to cool down. Unfortunately, many people have broken temperature set-points and start sweating even though their body temperature is below 98.6. This sweating is unproductive.

The wrong clothing can also make sweating potentially more harmful. Sweating while shirtless or in a moisture-wicking outfit cools you only as long as you're still sweating. Each individual sweat bead only cools you down once - at the moment that it evaporates. On the other hand, sweating in cotton clothes or at a low ambient temperature can continue to cool you down even after you stop sweating because the sweat doesn't evaporate from the clothing quickly enough. Water is much more conductive than air, so some of your body heat transfers from your skin to the shirt every time your wet clothing touches your skin. Assuming you don't switch out of the wet shirt, a short intense sweating burst can continue excessively cooling your body for hours.

OP
B

brix

Two thoughts:

1. It depends on whether it's full-body sweating (e.g. back, arms, legs, etc.) or mainly in the armpits, palms, and soles.

The eccrine sweat glands drive full-body sweating. This sweat is watery, activated by your body temperature being above your body's temperature setpoint, and doesn't really lead to much body odor. Assuming you only start sweating when you are above 98.6 and you replace the lost fluids and minerals, frequent full-body sweating is probably neutral to positive for your body.

The apocrine sweat glands drive armpit sweating. This sweat is more viscous and sticky, is activated by stress hormones, and leads to body odor as bacteria decompose the nutrients in the sticky fluid. This sweating is bad since it signifies high stress levels. Excessive armpit sweat also leads people to cover their sweat glands in aluminum-based compounds to prevent sweating. Antiperspirants just seem intuitively unhealthy to me.

2. I said that full-body sweating is positive when you are actually hyperthermic and need to cool down. Unfortunately, many people have broken temperature set-points and start sweating even though their body temperature is below 98.6. This sweating is unproductive.

The wrong clothing can also make sweating potentially more harmful. Sweating while shirtless or in a moisture-wicking outfit cools you only as long as you're still sweating. Each individual sweat bead only cools you down once - at the moment that it evaporates. On the other hand, sweating in cotton clothes or at a low ambient temperature can continue to cool you down even after you stop sweating because the sweat doesn't evaporate from the clothing quickly enough. Water is much more conductive than air, so some of your body heat transfers from your skin to the shirt every time your wet clothing touches your skin. Assuming you don't switch out of the wet shirt, a short intense sweating burst can continue excessively cooling your body for hours.

It's my whole body. I can feel the heat radiating from my skin almost immediately. Nothing has helped at all.

japanesedude

DHEA(and probably Pregnenolone) always makes me sweaty. especially gives me sweaty palms.
I do not know what is causing it, but it may raising my metabolism.
or converting to Estrogen too much.

JohnA

It's my whole body. I can feel the heat radiating from my skin almost immediately. Nothing has helped at all.

What's your body temperature (according to a thermometer) when you first start sweating?

OP
B

brix

What's your body temperature (according to a thermometer) when you first start sweating?

Not sure, but at the moment my heart rate is at 85bpm and temp is at 98.7.
I exercised outside in the sun for no more than 20 mins this AM and was completely drenched and overheated. :astonished:

sladerunner69

The last few years I have developed excessive sweating.
My TSH is over 3, FT4 is at 1.00 and Ft3 is near upper range.
I, however, feel pretty warm constantly and sweat WAY more than my friends doing the same activities.
Does anyone know what the could might be?

Supplementation seems to do nothing for me...
Currently on androsterone (1-3mg daily), pansterone (3 drops), and vitamin k2 at around 4mg.

Thanks!

What? Excessive, perpetual sweating is one of the major benefits of going full Peat.

sladerunner69

Sweating is fine but it's excessive. I feel overheated and out of energy way quicker than I used to.

Did you ever consider getting a handheld fan? They use a lot of AA's but some of them run on rechargeable batteries and even squirt out mist.

LUH 3417

The last few years I have developed excessive sweating.
My TSH is over 3, FT4 is at 1.00 and Ft3 is near upper range.
I, however, feel pretty warm constantly and sweat WAY more than my friends doing the same activities.
Does anyone know what the could might be?

Supplementation seems to do nothing for me...
Currently on androsterone (1-3mg daily), pansterone (3 drops), and vitamin k2 at around 4mg.

Thanks!
RP email to me on excessive sweating and insomnia:
Your mention of the sleep problem made me realize that excessive histamine production might be responsible for the sweating and other symptoms, since histamine in the brain increases its activity and can cause insomnia. Have your ever used antihistamines? The reason they can cause drowsiness is that they oppose the wakefulness-intensifying effect of histamine. Hypothyroidism can lead to the overdevelopment of the mast cells that produce histamine. Blood or urine tests could tell whether you are making too much histamine. A deficiency of vitamin D and calcium can destabilize the mast cells, making them produce too much histamine.

LUH 3417

I think dopamine agonists like adamantane have been most successful in helping control my sweat rate. This would indicate it could have been low dopamine for me. Serotonin antagonists worked but not nearly as effectively.
Interesting, thanks for pointing that out. I noticed cypro helped my sweating a lot but come to think of it since adding adamantane I have been hardly sweating at all. I've had hyperhidrosis my entire life and not eating for a few hours would lead to massive sweats and tremors. I notice the past few days I've been sweating very little even though it's summer and I added in diamant last week so I believe my experience is similar to yours regarding sweats.

Last edited:

LUH 3417

Have you tried cyproheptadine? Low doses gave me a bit of an improvement but it wasn't til I started taking around 6mg a day that I stopped sweating so much (and as mentioned I believe diamant is helping as well).

I had surgery for hyperhidrosis when I was a teen and that just dispersed the sweat throughout my body so like you I would sweat everywhere, including hands, feet, trunk, abdomen and chest.

LUH 3417

I remember reading somewhere that high serotonin (and the resulting anxiety) is a cause of excessive sweating.
Yes this is true. A side effect of SSRIs is increased sweating. Doctors will prescribe cyproheptadine to treat drug induced night sweats.

OP
B

brix

Have you tried cyproheptadine? Low doses gave me a bit of an improvement but it wasn't til I started taking around 6mg a day that I stopped sweating so much (and as mentioned I believe diamant is helping as well).

I had surgery for hyperhidrosis when I was a teen and that just dispersed the sweat throughout my body so like you I would sweat everywhere, including hands, feet, trunk, abdomen and chest.

I have some Cypro laying around. I'll try it. I'm wary of the weight gain as I don't want to gain any more fat. I also have diamant but just use a few drops a couple tims a week. do you think I should takes haiduts cypro orally or topically? Thanks.

LUH 3417

I have some Cypro laying around. I'll try it. I'm wary of the weight gain as I don't want to gain any more fat. I also have diamant but just use a few drops a couple tims a week. do you think I should takes haiduts cypro orally or topically? Thanks.
I take it topically split into two doses. I understand about the weight gain. It stimulated my appetite for the first month or so that I took it but I also was eating lots of high fat foods like whole milk and ice cream at the time and am almost certain that's why I gained weight. I was also really sedentary because I was studying so much. I switched to raw goat milk which has lower fat than whole cow milk and eat ice cream less often (there were more than a few times I ate an entire pint in one sitting!)

I think if you're mindful about your intake and do low fat with a good amount of sugar you'll be ok. Also after the first few months the increased appetite completely disappeared and now I almost wish it didn't because some days I have such little desire to eat.

johann1988

I take it topically split into two doses. I understand about the weight gain. It stimulated my appetite for the first month or so that I took it but I also was eating lots of high fat foods like whole milk and ice cream at the time and am almost certain that's why I gained weight. I was also really sedentary because I was studying so much. I switched to raw goat milk which has lower fat than whole cow milk and eat ice cream less often (there were more than a few times I ate an entire pint in one sitting!)

I think if you're mindful about your intake and do low fat with a good amount of sugar you'll be ok. Also after the first few months the increased appetite completely disappeared and now I almost wish it didn't because some days I have such little desire to eat.
Do you still have success with cyproheptadine/Diamant to reduce sweating? I started a few days ago, 2 drops cypro and 5 drops Diamant, but I haven't seen a difference yet.

LUH 3417

Do you still have success with cyproheptadine/Diamant to reduce sweating? I started a few days ago, 2 drops cypro and 5 drops Diamant, but I haven't seen a difference yet.
I still sweat but not as much or as often. I think cypro and diamant helped and also noticing patterns (for me I would start to sweat a lot if I hadn't eaten)

johann1988

I still sweat but not as much or as often. I think cypro and diamant helped and also noticing patterns (for me I would start to sweat a lot if I hadn't eaten)
That's nice, hope I achieve the same. Did you also tried lisuride instead of Diamant?

LUH 3417

That's nice, hope I achieve the same. Did you also tried lisuride instead of Diamant?
Yes lisuride made me so nauseous that I could not continue taking it but maybe you will have a different response.
I notice also that whenever I travel I hardly sweat, so maybe it's psychological. I really don't know anymore...lol

johann1988

Yes lisuride made me so nauseous that I could not continue taking it but maybe you will have a different response.
I notice also that whenever I travel I hardly sweat, so maybe it's psychological. I really don't know anymore...lol
Let's see, ordered it recently.
That's funny you mention that, I experience absolutely the same when I am traveling, sweating is so much less.
Salt worked quite well for me, but i got some inconveniencs, especially after and even during hangovers I got terrible headaches.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals