Cat trouble walking with hind legs (possible thrombosis/heart disease)

Julian

My family cat of 15 years old suddenly had trouble moving his hind legs and walking. My dad took him to the vet and they thought it was a form of athrosis and they gave him a Meloxidolor injection and meloxidolor pills (some anti-inflammatory drug). After a few days his symptoms seemed to clear up.

But after stopping the medication his symptoms reappeared. The same treatment didn't seem to have a big effect and he then also got trouble urinating and going number two.

I personally did some googling and thought it might be thrombosis since his tail was also very cold. This would mean that he has some type of heart disease that could be causing this to happen.

It was almost at the point that it seemed like we were forced to end his life. But now the vet gave him a corticosteroid injection and some pills that seem to have him slowly recovering again.

I'm afraid that when the medication stops that the same thing will happen all over again. And I'm wondering what the best course of action is. Does anyone have any ideas?

yerrag

See if he has an area at the back where he is sensitive to touch. A cat I had had difficulty walking with one hind leg having no strength. Later on, I found that a claw nail was embedded and concealed by fur. But by then it was too late. The nail induced an infection that developed into a long mass. I brought the cat to the vet and antibiotics were prescribed, but I think had I known about using urea then, I might have saves the cat. As the urea would be able to clean up necrotic flesh and would deprive bacteria of food.

But this is just one possible cause of many.

Nokoni

Does anyone have any ideas?
Definitely try Defibron from Idea Labs. I'm still in early stages working with it but it is having miraculous effects on my knees. I haven't said anything here yet because it's really too early to make glowing reports. (Maybe it'll stop working or some side effects will crop up after a period of use, etc.) It's just saturated fat, though methylated to inhibit rapid metabolism, but so far so amazingly good. And very rejuvenating overall. Works great topically. Maybe put a couple drops on his lower back. Wish I had had it for my elderly cats. I miss them every day. They might possibly still be with me. Great stuff.

OP
Julian

Julian

See if he has an area at the back where he is sensitive to touch. A cat I had had difficulty walking with one hind leg having no strength. Later on, I found that a claw nail was embedded and concealed by fur. But by then it was too late. The nail induced an infection that developed into a long mass. I brought the cat to the vet and antibiotics were prescribed, but I think had I known about using urea then, I might have saves the cat. As the urea would be able to clean up necrotic flesh and would deprive bacteria of food.

But this is just one possible cause of many.

Thanks for sharing, this doesn't seem the case with our cat.

OP
Julian

Julian

Definitely try Defibron from Idea Labs. I'm still in early stages working with it but it is having miraculous effects on my knees. I haven't said anything here yet because it's really too early to make glowing reports. (Maybe it'll stop working or some side effects will crop up after a period of use, etc.) It's just saturated fat, though methylated to inhibit rapid metabolism, but so far so amazingly good. And very rejuvenating overall. Works great topically. Maybe put a couple drops on his lower back. Wish I had had it for my elderly cats. I miss them every day. They might possibly still be with me. Great stuff.

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately this will take too long to order to the Netherlands and stuff.

But maybe mct oil or coconut oil can have similar effects. I'll consider those.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals