Casualties Of The Nutritional Dark Ages, Part III: Coffee

mt_dreams

What about the cheap instant coffee you get in a tin? The one Nestle makes contains large % of Chicory. I know it makes me feel better than stale filter coffee.

I use instant double espresso when I don;t have access to fresh beans. Ray has mentioned that it is still good as long as it doesn't contain fillers. I would personally look for instant coffee instead of the one that cuts it with chicory, but if this is your only option, it's better than stale coffee.

G

Gray Ling

lol alright. fillers sound bad. i'll be careful to read what's behind the barcoded tins/jars.

mattbivi

From my understanding of Peat's work, and from the studies posted on page 1, caffeine behaves like thyroid hormone, and lowers blood sugar. Low blood sugar will give you heaps of weird syptoms as it will increase cortisol, then begin the cascade of stress hormones.

My trick to avoid this blood sugar hit is to never have coffee too early, with lots of sugar and milk, and possibly with liver helping AA's (glycine, taurine, etc). Not really sure why, but they seem to help a lot with the cortisol response. Red bull seems to do the trick. Really supercharges my digestion.

fathergll

From my understanding of Peat's work, and from the studies posted on page 1, caffeine behaves like thyroid hormone, and lowers blood sugar. Low blood sugar will give you heaps of weird syptoms as it will increase cortisol, then begin the cascade of stress hormones.

My trick to avoid this blood sugar hit is to never have coffee too early, with lots of sugar and milk, and possibly with liver helping AA's (glycine, taurine, etc). Not really sure why, but they seem to help a lot with the cortisol response. Red bull seems to do the trick. Really supercharges my digestion.

Why would having coffee early be an issue?

mattbivi

Why would having coffee early be an issue?
Your blood sugar when you wake up is at fasting levels. If you have coffee without anything else your blood sugar will drop very quickly. I find that if I have coffee with breakfast or just after waking, the blood sugar drop hits me before the carbs from breakfast hit my blood. It might just be a quirk of my digestion though, so if you have problems in the morning it might be worth waiting for your blood sugar to rise before having caffeine

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals