Castor oil for constipation

June

I'm in need of immediate constipation relief and the only thing I have available in my household at the moment that can possibly be used for constipation is the Aura Cacia brand castor oil. Except this is the one I use to apply to my eyelashes. Is this type of castor oil safe to consume?

If not, what am I looking for in an edible oil? Are there any side effects attached to it? Will it upset the stomach? I read somewhere someone said Peat said it was fine since it isn't absorbed by the intestines. I assume castor oil is safe since it was an old school remedy they use to give children. Thanks.

@Inaut
June, I think member Inaut can help you here, he is the only one IIRC that has used Castor oil internally :):

June

Can you post their response here if they respond via a DM? Thanks!
Here it is! I hope this reply helps as much as it has helped me. I was on the fence about purchasing the Heritage brand but now I'm glad I did.

"I use the heritage brand. I think the big difference is how the oil is processed. You want hexane free oil :). If you are taking it orally for constipstion I’d stick only with heritage or a pure organic, hexane free brand."

James b

Does anyone know if castor oil is useful topically? A lot of people claim it helps with eyebrow and eyelash growth? That would be great if it actually did?

June

Does anyone know if castor oil is useful topically? A lot of people claim it helps with eyebrow and eyelash growth? That would be great if it actually did?
I can vouch for the eyebrow growth. But I wouldn't say it was substantial growth. I applied it every night for several months and little baby hairs started to sprout. I haven't used it in a month due to forgetting and the thickness of eyebrows have remained as such.

James b

I can vouch for the eyebrow growth. But I wouldn't say it was substantial growth. I applied it every night for several months and little baby hairs started to sprout. I haven't used it in a month due to forgetting and the thickness of eyebrows have remained as such.
Great stuff. Thanks. I assume the same could be said for eyelash growth too. I will try this topically. Not sure about orally for the laxative effects, I think larger dose cascara would be safer?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Turning vellus hairs to terminal (beard), castor oil in DSMO with microneedling? Hair & Nails 11
S MPB Treatment : Apirin And Castor Oil Combo Hair & Nails 5
J Aspirin With Castor Oil For Hair Loss Hair & Nails 65
Adrian Castor Oil For Alopecia, Risks Ask For Help or Advice 3
T Castor Oil Question Diet 10
D Spinach seed oil, an amazing source of stearic acid and other satured fats Ask For Help or Advice 0
Hans Coconut oil for lowering blood sugar, insulin requirements, inflammation and appetite Scientific Studies 19
T Is lavender essential oil addictive? Ask For Help or Advice 4
M Good Coconut Oil in Germany Diet 2
F Coconut Oil & Xylitol Toothpaste Recipe? Oral Health 0
S Coconut Oil Reduces DHT Orally? Coconut Oil 10
Julian Solving Histamine Intolerance With Peppermint Oil? DO Or DON'T Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 12
R J Deep Frying With Hydrogenated Coconut Oil? Coconut Oil 18
C Sesame Oil Sexuality 0
S My Experience With Coconut Oil Ask For Help or Advice 6
D Carvacrol (Oregano Oil) Seems Pretty Good Stuff From Peaty Pov Supplements 0
pauljacob Confusing Info From RP About Coconut Oil And Butter Diet 15
wealthofwisdom Refined Oil Vs Natural Substance Hair & Nails 0
W In The USSR, If You Wanted Dessert, Then You Took Fish Oil! Society 18
Lokzo Fish Oil Supplements Improve Testicular Health: Study Of 1,679 Healthy Young Men Scientific Studies 30
orewashin Why Does Coconut Oil/MCT Oil Burn My Throat? Coconut Oil 1
E Improving Effect Of Evening Primrose Oil On The Sexual Functions Of Male Mice Scientific Studies 21
B Fractionated Coconut Oil As Sunscreen? Coconut Oil 0
Infarouge Wheat Germ Vs Wheat Germ Oil Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 1
jase_11six Is It Ok To Apply Emu Oil To The Skin? Body Care 0
meatbag Cod-liver Oil Inhibits Gastric Secretion Articles & Scientific Studies 7
C Lemon Or Orange Oil? Supplements 5
Hgreen56 Rinsing Beef Reduced Fat Content But With Extra Oil Helps "suck" The Extra Fat Out Of The Beef? Diet 0
L Can Micronized DHEA Dissolve In Coconut Oil? Digestion 3
Cecil Roids Coconut Oil Goes Rancid On My Skin, Any Ideas Why? Ask For Help or Advice 8
5 Ozone Therapy IV. snake Oil? Ask For Help or Advice 0
Velve921 Unrefined Coconut Oil Made Me Burn Coconut Oil 9
J Coconut Oil Ask For Help or Advice 6
T Is There Are An Effective Way Clean PUFA Oil From Canned Oysters? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 5
J Oil Of Oregano Ask For Help or Advice 14
Hgreen56 Coconut Oil + Starch = Weight Gain Or Weight Loss? Coconut Oil 6
L Micronized DHEA From A Capsule Soluable In Oil? Male Issues 0
T Does Anyone Know If Cbd Oil Makes Benzodiazepines Less Effective? Ask For Help or Advice 0
boris Papayas, Goats & Motor Oil Tested Positive For Coronavirus Breaking News 46
J Coconut Oil And Mold Ask For Help or Advice 11
md_a Fish Oil-Fed Mice Have Impaired Resistance To Influenza Infection Scientific Studies 0
meatbag Space Alien Epidemiology: Oil Vs Sugar Obesity Cause Discussing Dietary Models 1
md_a Clove Oil (eugenol) Inhibited 97.3% Lipid Peroxidation And Decreases TGF‐β1 Expression Scientific Studies 3
G Peanut Butter Without Oil Discussing Dietary Models 4
Fletcher Fish Oil Supplements Offer 'little Or No Benefit' Against Cancer Diet, Recipes 3
D The California Official "Seal Of Approval" For Olive Oil Fats 2
D What "Harm" Does Refridgeration Does To Olive Oil? Fats 1
berk Vitamin D. Oil Or Tablets? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 5
L Erucic Acid: The Omega-9 Fatty Acid Bad Enough To Scare Even Vegetable Oil Growers? Diet 1
haidut America’s Favorite Oil Causes Diabetes, Obesity, Autism, And Liver / Brain Disease Scientific Studies 0