Cases Of Caffeine "overdose". What Should Be Done

Motif

I want to start with caffeine soon, but I will start really slow, cause I'm very sensible.

Just in case that I'm having to much and start panicking - what should be done then?

InChristAlone

I want to start with caffeine soon, but I will start really slow, cause I'm very sensible.

Just in case that I'm having to much and start panicking - what should be done then?
When I went too quickly and crashed with severe panic the only thing that helped was time. And by that point if you continue using coffee after the first panic reaction it can be hard to ever be rid of the anxiety. I still don't drink it 2 yrs later. Just wasn't worth it to me. But if you can manage to go very slowly and always with a meal or after a meal then you should be fine.

Elephanto

Like 100mg of Theanine, maybe Niacinamide too can have relatively quick relieving effects.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I didn’t have trouble with caffeine until I went a week not eating enough. But like janelle says, once you experience anxiety from the caffeine, it will take time to tolerate it. So always have enough food and it shouldn’t cause problems.

mujuro

The thing about anxiety is when you try to escape it or begin to worry about it, it gets worse. When you’re in that moment, remind yourself that anxiety can’t hurt you. Sit with it and just let it be, and you’ll see that nothing bad will happen.

The thing about anxiety is when you try to escape it or begin to worry about it, it gets worse. When you’re in that moment, remind yourself that anxiety can’t hurt you. Sit with it and just let it be, and you’ll see that nothing bad will happen.

Great answer. Accept and be with the sensations and know they're only sensations and they'll pass.

But for tangible things, theanine is great. 50+ mg of it. It takes about an hour to take effect so remember that. If it's really bad anxiety do 100+ mg.

lampofred

Eat more food, especially sugar

theLaw

I've had some pretty nasty reactions, but only when I didn't have enough food/carbs.

1. Never before bed until you're acclimated to higher doses

2. OJ + Ice Cream + Salt is about as good as it gets for a stress response (in terms of food)

3. Get your blood sugar in check before trying higher doses (OJ + Taurine is excellent for this)

***Someone earlier mentioned Niacinamide. I would seriously advise against this as it can lower your blood sugar even more***

Runenight201

Caffeine pills are a sketchy enterprise imo. I always prefer real food to just about every supplement besides d + K2, as I've found that food I eat has way more impact over my physiological and psychological states, no matter what supplements I'm taking at the time, but that's my personal take. Some more supplements probably make sense, but I try to personally minimize them.

Coffee is a safer enterprise, because you can pour yourself a cup and casually sip a little at a time. I've heard that it takes 30 minutes to feel the effects of caffeine, but in my experience I usually feel it after about a couple minutes, with 30 minutes probably being the time when the effects are most strongly felt, and then diminish afterwards.

Pouring coffee based on appetite has proved most fruitful for me. When coffee is too bitter or acidic, it makes me feel bad, but buffering it with skim milk and sugar (or maple syrup for that extra calcium =P) until it tastes "just right" can put me on cloud 9.

Velve921

Motif,

Your getting some good feedback on how reduce the panic under intense stimulation.

Another angle to keep in mind is focusing on the dosage and relative increase. I would say think about the patience in the process and not the absolute outcome in the short term.

For example, maybe think of increasing your intake only by chance 1-2oz at a time and less about cups and half cups.

The metabolism can adjust better and less chance of adverse reactions.

Greg says

I took too many caffeine pills one day at age 16 and it triggered/ revealed a state of severe panic/ depersonalisation/ hearing voices/ dissassociation that it still resonating almost 30 years later. :thumbsup:

sunraiser

Caffeine is a stimulant. Stimulants cause you to use energy and force dopamine production regardless of the homeostasis your body is keeping.

I would strongly suggest not playing with stimulants when in poor health - they're not healing your metabolism they're just forcing hormone and neurochemical production using resources you can't spare.

OP
M

Motif

I wanted it to take because it supports the liver. At least they claim it does

Last Saturday I had 0.7 liters coke in a club and felt like back in the days when I was drunk. I kind of liked that feeling honestly

sunraiser

This is obviously up for debate but for me caffeine simply masks liver problems, it doesn't heal them.

Masking a problem removes an important aspect of biofeedback so in my opinion it can only make you worse. Antioxidant properties in coffee and dark chocolate may add some balance to the cost benefit, but it's nowhere near enough in my experience.

Low cellular energy = avoid stimulants.

Access to sulphated vitamin D via sunshine is the ideal for liver health but otherwise a balance of fat solubles and perhaps some magnesium to help with glutathione production is an option

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

So sunshine is the best liver treatment in your opinion? Kind of an issue here in Europe

sunraiser

In my personal experience it is.

I don't want to make too many suggestions without padding out my ideas and thinking but I'll make a post of my experiences and perceptions once I feel 100 percent again. I'm getting there.

In the absence of sun then sweating via tolerable exercise (which may not ne possible in poor health) or low amounts of balanced A K and D (so hard to balance via supplement so takes some trial and error) plus lots of magnesium (which is not always tolerable without fat solubles in balance).

My thoughts are along the lines of oxidation from the inherent copper toxicity of poor health (via chronic stress or longterm sunlight absence) puts a higher antioxidant need so sometimes more magnesium, K and A can be needed. Then a small amount of D but again, balance is not easy.

I'm taking 1 or 2k iu D, 90mcg K2bmk7 and 3500iu retinol palmitate.

Magnesium needed from supps can be 600mg or higher when taking these fat solubles, while eating a fair bit from food, too. The magnesium needs are so high I can only guess because of high glutathione demands after long term estrogen dominance. It's copper binding but I wonder if it's the main copper disposal mechanism during longterm stress and estrogen dominance? (this is a face value idea and not a well considered one, as is most of this post!!!!)

My case is unique as I probably caused a lot more damage via a period of 10k iu vit D plus eating way too much liver and having too much copper intake.

This is more to share experiences - everyone's situation is unique and you very well may get worse from taking my approach.

The only surefire thing I would feel brave enough to make as a prescriptive suggestion is sun, only when it feels good.

It appears to be the most powerful antioxidant in my experience.

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

So you wouldn't suggest to take copper even with low serum and plasma copper ?

sunraiser

I wouldn't suggest it, but some people have success with copper, so it isn't to say it can't be helpful.

I eat some occasional pulses and wholegrains, greens and chocolate now and again. I initially felt great with the copper intake from liver, hence why I went too far (stupidly).

I personally feel stimulated in an unpleasant way from just 2mg copper supplement. I don't actively avoid copper I just eat intuitively and won't eat liver for a while.

I'm not an authority by any means, merely trying to find understanding via my own responses to things and intuition. I will make a very detailed post to share perspective at some point but I can't at the moment.

OP
M

Motif

Ok cool, but one more question.
Sweating - aren't we losing lots of minerals through sweating?