Case Of Woman Consuming Excess Bananas Presented With Hyperkalemia And Hyperdopaminemia

lampofred

I disagree. What article are you citing in regards to schizophrenics having very high dopamine? I've only come across the opposite, in fact.

I fully expect that methheads would have low dopamine as well, from consistent abuse to the endogenous dopamergenic system.
Dude, I’m not citing “an” article. The role of dopamine in schizophrenia has been studied since the sixties. There is a comprehensive discussion in this article: The Role of Dopamine in Schizophrenia from a Neurobiological and Evolutionary Perspective: Old Fashioned, but Still in Vogue

Methamphetamine increases dopamine release and inhibits its reuptake. I refuse to even take the time to cite a source. You can find this information easily. Anybody on meth currently is walking around with insanely spiked dopamine. Like you could never even dream of. But don’t try it at home.

My post was a little bit tongue-in-cheek. If you knew me personally, you would understand that much of what I say is half-serious and half-joking in order to provoke thought.

I think schizophrenia has to do with too much estrogen. Your dopamine can get really high without problems if you have enough thyroid/progesterone/CO2 at the same time. But if you have too much estrogen/toxic metal buildup stimulating glutamate, even a mild dopamine increase will cause psychotic symptoms.

Meth abuse is a very "estrogenic" kind of dopamine because it doesn't support the CNS stimulation with enough CO2.

DavidGardner

I think schizophrenia has to do with too much estrogen. Your dopamine can get really high without problems if you have enough thyroid/progesterone/CO2 at the same time. But if you have too much estrogen/toxic metal buildup stimulating glutamate, even a mild dopamine increase will cause psychotic symptoms.

Meth abuse is a very "estrogenic" kind of dopamine because it doesn't support the CNS stimulation with enough CO2.

Yes, it’s more complicated than the original “dopamine hypothesis of schizophrenia” originally suggested. But to ignore the fact that dopamine plays a role is ludicrous. Some of the SNPs associated with schizophrenia are located on genes that regulate dopamine. Example: rs1801028(C;C) - SNPedia

Serotonin also plays a role. Serotonin receptors: their key role in drugs to treat schizophrenia. - PubMed - NCBI

It’s never as black and white as we like to think. I’m as turned off by the dopamine good/serotonin bad polarity that pervades Peatland as I am by the PUFA good/SFA bad polarity that is advocated by modern medical authorities. Dualistic thinking leads to authoritarian paradigms.

I keep meandering back to this forum as a bored habit. There is useful information here, but I feel like the very thing that Peat is most vehemently opposed to—authoritarianism— has become more entrenched than ever here....

milkboi

How much is too much potassium? I easily get 15g-20g somedays, drinking 2-3l OJ, some bananas, potatoes dates... I take in a lot of sodium and also sweat a sh*t ton right now tho (slightly hyperthyroid + summer :D).

sladerunner69

Dude, I’m not citing “an” article. The role of dopamine in schizophrenia has been studied since the sixties. There is a comprehensive discussion in this article: The Role of Dopamine in Schizophrenia from a Neurobiological and Evolutionary Perspective: Old Fashioned, but Still in Vogue

Methamphetamine increases dopamine release and inhibits its reuptake. I refuse to even take the time to cite a source. You can find this information easily. Anybody on meth currently is walking around with insanely spiked dopamine. Like you could never even dream of. But don’t try it at home.

My post was a little bit tongue-in-cheek. If you knew me personally, you would understand that much of what I say is half-serious and half-joking in order to provoke thought.

The "health promoting benefits" of estrogen have similarly been studied- and touted- by researchers since the 60's. Such as the role of saturated fat in promoting cardiovascular disease, sugar in diabetes, and jogging to promote longevity.

Most on this forum will agree that following the popular research on these subjects is a mistake. One cannot interpret the quality of research based on the number of studies or time involved, it must be based upon the methodology, procedures, and theory of each study. If you refuse to provide a particular study then I suppose the productivity of our exchange ends here.

Regardless, you've given me an intriguing subject to explore so thanks.

sladerunner69

Yes, it’s more complicated than the original “dopamine hypothesis of schizophrenia” originally suggested. But to ignore the fact that dopamine plays a role is ludicrous. Some of the SNPs associated with schizophrenia are located on genes that regulate dopamine. Example: rs1801028(C;C) - SNPedia

Serotonin also plays a role. Serotonin receptors: their key role in drugs to treat schizophrenia. - PubMed - NCBI

It’s never as black and white as we like to think. I’m as turned off by the dopamine good/serotonin bad polarity that pervades Peatland as I am by the PUFA good/SFA bad polarity that is advocated by modern medical authorities. Dualistic thinking leads to authoritarian paradigms.

I keep meandering back to this forum as a bored habit. There is useful information here, but I feel like the very thing that Peat is most vehemently opposed to—authoritarianism— has become more entrenched than ever here....

Thanks for the studies.

Authoritarianism isn't congruous to diametric thinking, although it can often involve that. Authoritarianism is when a person used their authority to impose an ideology upon others by force. I really don't think that is occurring here. Someone is disagreeing with you, and that person happens to hold the prevalent view point on the forum.

No one is forcing their beliefs upon you. If you were to log back in the next day to find that your account had been suspended or censored due to "breaking community guidelines" or some such nonsense which only serves to justify authoritarian mindsets, then you'd have a valid point. That doesn't occur here, but it does on social media platforms systematically.

I actually think Diametric thinking is a reductionist tool that benefits the flow of discussion. Most doctors will insist that serotonin is good in almost every context, for example. So its quite sensible to respond to the mainstream position by stating that serotonin is bad in almost every context, even if it is a generalization. Without generalizations that function to reduce the complexity of an argument, discussions often devolve into unproductive spats of "tit for tat" exchanges.

For instance if I were to say "all fire-engines are big and red therefore that big red truck is likely a fire-engine" and someone were to respond with "I once saw a small fire-engine that was bright orange" and then I said " Well many men are in fact colour blind - maybe you are one too". A lot of arguments I see between others follow this pattern.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals