Carrot salad - eat by itself?

mariange

I was doing some googling and ran across this page/quote:

"Important: In order to give the carrots time to work their digestive magic, Dr. Peat suggests not eating anything else for at least an hour."

http://community.weightwatchers.com/Blo ... ID=1503150

This is the first I've heard about avoiding food (and I'm assuming that means milk too, right?) for an hour after eating the salad. Can anyone else back this up?

Thanks!

Mariange

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
IIRC, the carrot salad will soak up nutrients so that's why you want to take it away from food.

4peatssake

Charlie said:
IIRC, the carrot salad will soak up nutrients so that's why you want to take it away from food.
Yes, Charlie, that's correct.

Ray Peat said:
Since the fiber [CARROT] will delay digestion and reduce absorption of other foods, I think it's best to eat it between meals, usually in the afternoon.

Source

:welcome2 to the forum mariange.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well, sorta right. :lol:

So for me I guess carrot salad delays my digestion enough to slow it down to nothing and bung things up. :(

4peatssake

Charlie said:
Well, sorta right. :lol:
:lol: Yeah quite a bit different actually. I had just come out of meditation and was quite spacey when I looked it up. :?

Charlie said:
So for me I guess carrot salad delays my digestion enough to slow it down to nothing and bung things up. :(
Have you tried the bamboo shoots? I hear they taste like cow dung but get the job done. ;)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes I tried them but since they come out of the can I just do not trust them. They taste metallic like.

HDD

4peatssake said:
Have you tried the bamboo shoots? I hear they taste like cow dung but get the job done. ;)

Just used some tonight in shrimp fried rice. No distinctive taste. Soy sauce masks any flavor. My son just said he hated the crunchy stuff in it. Lol

juanitacarlos

mariange said:
I was doing some googling and ran across this page/quote:

"Important: In order to give the carrots time to work their digestive magic, Dr. Peat suggests not eating anything else for at least an hour."

http://community.weightwatchers.com/Blo ... ID=1503150

This is the first I've heard about avoiding food (and I'm assuming that means milk too, right?) for an hour after eating the salad. Can anyone else back this up?

Thanks!

Mariange

I thought I heard Peat say in an interview with East West Healing that it doesn't matter and you can eat it at a meal. So I guess you can just take your pick and eat it how you please. I can't remember which interview it was, but if I listen to it again, I will post which one it was. He did say though that it inhibits absorption of fats, so it could be helpful with fat loss. I'll definitely try and get the exact quotes.

4peatssake

ttramone said:
I thought I heard Peat say in an interview with East West Healing that it doesn't matter and you can eat it at a meal. So I guess you can just take your pick and eat it how you please. I can't remember which interview it was, but if I listen to it again, I will post which one it was. He did say though that it inhibits absorption of fats, so it could be helpful with fat loss. I'll definitely try and get the exact quotes.
Thanks ttramone! So great to see you! :grouphug

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals