Carrot Salad Causing Headache?

M

marikay

HI.

I’ve begun to make sure I get a shredded carrot salad (with salt, olive oil, and vinegar) every afternoon. Since making this change I’v been getting a headache on the right side of my head (above and behind the eye) like I used to when I had estrogen dominance. Is it possible tha the carrot salad is causing this?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I don't know if this might be similar or not, but when I tried taking 1 tablespoon of of the liquid from cooking white button mushrooms each day I experienced an increase in estrogen symptoms.

Perhaps the carrot salad is decreasing your estrogen so much that your aromatase receptors are increased or more sensitive. I read on a thread about aromatase inhibitors that such a thing is possible.

I quit taking the mushroom juice and eventually felt better.

HDD

HI.

I’ve begun to make sure I get a shredded carrot salad (with salt, olive oil, and vinegar) every afternoon. Since making this change I’v been getting a headache on the right side of my head (above and behind the eye) like I used to when I had estrogen dominance. Is it possible tha the carrot salad is causing this?

I don’t remember where I got this from but I believe the carrot salad can cause low blood sugar from increasing metabolism. Maybe try drinking some orange juice with the salad to see if that makes a difference.

OP
M

marikay

I don’t remember where I got this from but I believe the carrot salad can cause low blood sugar from increasing metabolism. Maybe try drinking some orange juice with the salad to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for this. I will try the oj idea

OP
M

marikay

I don't know if this might be similar or not, but when I tried taking 1 tablespoon of of the liquid from cooking white button mushrooms each day I experienced an increase in estrogen symptoms.

Perhaps the carrot salad is decreasing your estrogen so much that your aromatase receptors are increased or more sensitive. I read on a thread about aromatase inhibitors that such a thing is possible.

I quit taking the mushroom juice and eventually felt better.

Thanks so much for this. I wondered if maybe there was some connection to estrogen but though that must be my imagination. I’ll take a break for a few days from the carrot salad and see what happens. If it gets better, I’ll see if I can introduce the carrot salad again slowly. Thanks again.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Another possibility is that the antibiotic effect of the carrot salad is causing a release of endotoxins.

I usually eat shortly after I have a raw carrot so I agree with @HDD that low blood sugar might be involved.

I haven't tried the mushroom liquid again and just eat the mushrooms. It is hard not to upset the status quo with changes that seem inconsequential. You are welcome!

fradon

HI.

could be the vinegar...full of sulphites, salycylates and can raise histamine all can cause head aches

OP
M

marikay

could be the vinegar...full of sulphites, salycylates and can raise histamine all can cause head aches

That might explain it as well. I am sensitive to histamine. I’ll keep the vinegar to a minimum when I introduce the carrot salad again. I haven’t had any for several days now and no headache, so I’m pretty sure that was the cause.

Thanks again to all.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals