Carrot salad causing constipation

K

Kayaker

It gets soggy even when I rinse it as much as possible (and squeeze excess water out). If I put just a pinch of salt, it doesn't get that way. If I recall correctly salt has that effect on other vegetables without as much beta carotene too.
Rinsing with water only gets rid of a small amount of beta-carotene, so I add a teaspoon of salt to draw the water and beta-carotene out. I squeeze it for a minute or two. At the end, I squeeze the carrot dry, put in on a separate plate from the orange liquid, and add melted coconut oil for easy swallowing.

L

Lord Cola

Rinsing with water only gets rid of a small amount of beta-carotene, so I add a teaspoon of salt to draw the water and beta-carotene out. I squeeze it for a minute or two. At the end, I squeeze the carrot dry, put in on a separate plate from the orange liquid, and add melted coconut oil for easy swallowing.
Interesting. I'll try that next time.

Vins7

coconut oil makes the salad a harsh thing for me too. Olive oil is more gentle. Altough i stopped the carrot salad in general, didnt notice much help/benefit. If it does not work at all then its not the "right" time probably.

Maybe increase salt intake or try the white button mushrooms/bamboo.
How could increasing salt intake help with constipation?

Ben.

Not sure if it helps with constipation per sé because the cause of it can be of different origin but it increases transit time immensely. Sometimes so fast you can clearly see by the colour that the bile has not been reabsorbed either. Proly depends on how heavily you salt the glass of water. It helps immensely with peristalsis. Atleast for me. Usually i take a teaspoon of un-iodized salt in a glass of water.

Mossy

Carrot salad doesn’t bulk up poop like oat bran does? How come?
I see that as a very good thing: bran weighs me down and makes me feel horrible; I see the carrot salad as simply a means of moving things along, versus bulking up and bloating.

Mossy

SamYo123

I see that as a very good thing: bran weighs me down and makes me feel horrible; I see the carrot salad as simply a means of moving things along, versus bulking up and bloating.
It doesnt move things along, the poo is dry pebbles at this point. Despite enough magnesium..

Mossy

It doesnt move things along, the poo is dry pebbles at this point. Despite enough magnesium..
Do you add salt and vinegar, as well an an oil to the salad? I find olive oil works better than coconut oil, with regard to constipation. But, oil olive can make me a bit sluggish at times as it's doing its thing.

OliviaD

Not sure if it helps with constipation per sé because the cause of it can be of different origin but it increases transit time immensely. Sometimes so fast you can clearly see by the colour that the bile has not been reabsorbed either. Proly depends on how heavily you salt the glass of water. It helps immensely with peristalsis. Atleast for me. Usually i take a teaspoon of un-iodized salt in a glass of water.

Interesting. (I'm not sure why this put 2 of your post here :) ). I had never heard of this before, but then remembered this is an old yoga practice. You get up and drink something like a liter of salty water, and then do a a simple series of stretches standing up. Perhaps it is mainly the salt water. It didn't help me (I could never drink that much) but did a glass. I have very stubborn intestines :)

Do you drink your salt water at any particular time - i.e in the am, at night, etc.

aniciete

Started eating carrots again last week and once again they give me dark eye circles and pain in my abdomen. Mushrooms do the same thing after day 3-4. I start to have broken up bowl movements and bad gas that never goes away.