Carrot salad - can't eat coconut oil

Kelly

Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
109
I would prefer to use macadamia oil. Is olive oil really superior? Would it be better to just not use any oil? A couple times I have dipped the carrot in butter, it's good, but I'm a big butter fan.

So what would be my best bet here? I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to not use the olive oil, yuck.
 

kiran

Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
1,054
You could just skip the oil. Coconut oil is mainly there to act as another check on the bacteria, along with the vinegar. So don't feel you need to replace the coconut oil with another fat.
 

nwo2012

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2012
Messages
1,107
kiran said:
You could just skip the oil. Coconut oil is mainly there to act as another check on the bacteria, along with the vinegar. So don't feel you need to replace the coconut oil with another fat.

No, you could just eat the coconut oil and stop being a sissy! So many benefits to it, not just the antibacterial action. :evil: :P
 

Kelly

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
109
kiran - Thanks, I will just skip the oil then.

nwo2012 - You are completely right, I am a total sissy when it comes to coconut oil. Maybe someday I'll get the guts to try it again.
 

cliff

Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2012
Messages
425
Age
32
Location
Los Angeles
What about refined coconut oil? should taste similar to mac oil
 

nwo2012

Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2012
Messages
1,107
Kelly said:
kiran - Thanks, I will just skip the oil then.

nwo2012 - You are completely right, I am a total sissy when it comes to coconut oil. Maybe someday I'll get the guts to try it again.

Of course I am! ;)
Yep I was referring to refined version. I don't really taste much from it. Add a bit more vinegar and then salt or even mix in some tomato puree.
Goes down easier.
 

Kelly

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
109
I actually love the taste of coconut oil, it just does bad things to me. Makes me burn up and have severe anxiety. This is unrefined, I may try refined sometime.
 
J

j.

Guest
Kelly said:
I actually love the taste of coconut oil, it just does bad things to me. Makes me burn up and have severe anxiety. This is unrefined, I may try refined sometime.

Once I e-mailed RP telling him what great success I was having with his diet, and that I was going to add coconut oil. He replied to me immediately asking if I was getting the refined version, because while one is healing the unrefined one is likely to give allergic reactions.
 

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
11,680
Location
USA
j. said:
Kelly said:
I actually love the taste of coconut oil, it just does bad things to me. Makes me burn up and have severe anxiety. This is unrefined, I may try refined sometime.

Once I e-mailed RP telling him what great success I was having with his diet, and that I was going to add coconut oil. He replied to me immediately asking if I was getting the refined version, because while one is healing the unrefined one is likely to give allergic reactions.

Hey J, have you heard? We have a Ray Peat email depository going on! ;) :lol:
 
J

j.

Guest
Charlie said:
Hey J, have you heard? We have a Ray Peat email depository going on! ;) :lol:

Haha, the refined coconut oil stuff is common knowledge. Also, I typically open threads when I send an email to RP and get a response, as I did in the thread about the cause of psychopathy.
 

Kelly

Member
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
109
j. said:
Kelly said:
I actually love the taste of coconut oil, it just does bad things to me. Makes me burn up and have severe anxiety. This is unrefined, I may try refined sometime.

Once I e-mailed RP telling him what great success I was having with his diet, and that I was going to add coconut oil. He replied to me immediately asking if I was getting the refined version, because while one is healing the unrefined one is likely to give allergic reactions.

Thanks J! I would love to know what allergic reactions he was seeing, because when I look them up it's things like rashes and breathing problems, which I didn't have.

I will just have to do some self experimentation when I'm feeling a bit more mentally stable.
 
J

j.

Guest
Kelly said:
Thanks J! I would love to know what allergic reactions he was seeing, because when I look them up it's things like rashes and breathing problems, which I didn't have.

I will just have to do some self experimentation when I'm feeling a bit more mentally stable.

I don't know the allergic reactions, but he said low thyroid function increases allergies.
 
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Carrot salad - eat by itself? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 9
N Josh Rubin Says Not To Eat The Carrot Salad After 3pm Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 23
S Raw Carrot Salad and Stools Diet 5
Rachel Is carrot salad the answer to the French "paradox"? Health 9
S Pumpkin Puree As An Alternative To The Carrot Salad Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 1
GreekDemiGod Instant Wellbeing Effect From Carrot Salad Digestion 23
Tyler2834 Carrot Salad Before Or After Enemas? Digestion 1
Brundle Is Peat-Friendly Mayonnaise A Safe Accompaniment To The Carrot Salad? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 2
Txchainsaw Carrot Salad With Homemade Ginger Syrup! Recipes 0
M Don't Forget The Carrot Salad Testimonials 9
Twohandsondeck A Carrot Salad Recipe + Write-up For The Uninitiated Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 0
Twohandsondeck Fastest Way To Prepare Carrot Salad (?) Diet 13
L Ray's Carrot Salad - Coconut Oil Vs EVOO Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 0
methylenewhite Solving Carrot Salad's Beta-carotene Issue Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 10
L Can Well Cooked Mushrooms Be Used Every Day Instead Of Raw Carrot Salad? Digestion, Gut Flora 2
L What Kind Of Vinegar Should Be Used For The Carrot Salad? Recipes 6
M Carrot Salad Causing Headache? Ask For Help or Advice 7
yerrag Carrot Salad With Shredded Coconut Meat Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 13
ShirtTieFitness Anti-Microbial, Anti-Fungal Carrot Salad 2.0 Digestion 45
O Carotene Bioavailability And RP Style Carrot Salad Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 6
D Incoroporating Glycine Into Carrot Salad? Digestion 0
P.G.Marjorie Carrot Salad Lowering Estrogens Even If Constipated? Digestion 3
Xisca My Carrot Salad Is Yellow And "spicy" Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 2
< Rain Orange Juice Carrot Salad - It Screams Recipes 17
javin Does Carrot Salad Warm Anybody Else Up Almost Immediately? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 4
EndAllDisease Why Carrot Salad Between Meals? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 4
K Die off hives from carrot salad!!!? Help Diet 12
P Supplementation and Carrot Salad Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 10
charlie Danny Roddy - "Ray Peat Inspired Nutrition - Carrot Salad" Danny Roddy 5
J Freezing after carrot salad Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 5
Makrosky What does the carrot salad kill exactly? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 26
uuy8778yyi does mixing cheese into the carrot salad, still effective ? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 7
Y why do we use coconut oil in carrot salad? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 1
N So, Is This Carrot Salad A Legit Thing? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 19
Y adding 1 tablespoon coconut oil to carrot salad okay? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 7
J The Carrot Salad Might Help You With Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 32
paper_clips43 Upgraded Carrot Salad Recipes 2
N Carrot salad supposed to be intermittent? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 2
D Preparing Carrot Salad In Advance? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 19
Bluebell Is there any benefit to the vinegar in the carrot salad? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 8
J Carrot Salad anyone? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 11
Z Carrot Salad Timing Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 7
charlie Ray Peat Carrot Salad Recipes 100
G Sugar and Yest Infection (Estrogen, Thyroid, Carrot Salad) Kmud Interview: Sept.17,2010 - Sugar I [Clipped.In 0
metabolizm Raw Carrot Diet 20
orewashin How Many Ounces Of Carrot? Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 10
T Carrot Juice Vs. Raw Carrots Diet 4
A Looks Like The Daily Carrot Is Going Mainstream Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 6
Geronimo Carrot Powder Replacement For Raw Carrot Carrot Salad, Bamboo Shoots, Mushrooms 6
metabolizm Remarkable Laxative Effect Of Raw Carrot Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 2

Similar threads

Top