Carrot salad - can't eat coconut oil

Kelly

I would prefer to use macadamia oil. Is olive oil really superior? Would it be better to just not use any oil? A couple times I have dipped the carrot in butter, it's good, but I'm a big butter fan.

So what would be my best bet here? I guess I'm just looking for an excuse to not use the olive oil, yuck.

kiran

You could just skip the oil. Coconut oil is mainly there to act as another check on the bacteria, along with the vinegar. So don't feel you need to replace the coconut oil with another fat.

nwo2012

kiran said:
You could just skip the oil. Coconut oil is mainly there to act as another check on the bacteria, along with the vinegar. So don't feel you need to replace the coconut oil with another fat.

No, you could just eat the coconut oil and stop being a sissy! So many benefits to it, not just the antibacterial action. :evil: :P

OP
K

Kelly

kiran - Thanks, I will just skip the oil then.

nwo2012 - You are completely right, I am a total sissy when it comes to coconut oil. Maybe someday I'll get the guts to try it again.

cliff

What about refined coconut oil? should taste similar to mac oil

nwo2012

Kelly said:
kiran - Thanks, I will just skip the oil then.

nwo2012 - You are completely right, I am a total sissy when it comes to coconut oil. Maybe someday I'll get the guts to try it again.

Of course I am! ;)
Yep I was referring to refined version. I don't really taste much from it. Add a bit more vinegar and then salt or even mix in some tomato puree.
Goes down easier.

OP
K

Kelly

I actually love the taste of coconut oil, it just does bad things to me. Makes me burn up and have severe anxiety. This is unrefined, I may try refined sometime.

J

j.

Kelly said:
I actually love the taste of coconut oil, it just does bad things to me. Makes me burn up and have severe anxiety. This is unrefined, I may try refined sometime.

Once I e-mailed RP telling him what great success I was having with his diet, and that I was going to add coconut oil. He replied to me immediately asking if I was getting the refined version, because while one is healing the unrefined one is likely to give allergic reactions.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
Kelly said:

Once I e-mailed RP telling him what great success I was having with his diet, and that I was going to add coconut oil. He replied to me immediately asking if I was getting the refined version, because while one is healing the unrefined one is likely to give allergic reactions.

Hey J, have you heard? We have a Ray Peat email depository going on! ;) :lol:

J

j.

Charlie said:
Hey J, have you heard? We have a Ray Peat email depository going on! ;) :lol:

Haha, the refined coconut oil stuff is common knowledge. Also, I typically open threads when I send an email to RP and get a response, as I did in the thread about the cause of psychopathy.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ok, gonna let you off this time. :lol: :beammeup

OP
K

Kelly

j. said:
Kelly said:

Thanks J! I would love to know what allergic reactions he was seeing, because when I look them up it's things like rashes and breathing problems, which I didn't have.

I will just have to do some self experimentation when I'm feeling a bit more mentally stable.

J

j.

Kelly said:
Thanks J! I would love to know what allergic reactions he was seeing, because when I look them up it's things like rashes and breathing problems, which I didn't have.

I will just have to do some self experimentation when I'm feeling a bit more mentally stable.

I don't know the allergic reactions, but he said low thyroid function increases allergies.