Carrot Salad anyone?

JohnS

Newbie here, just started having my daily carrot salad around 10am for the last 5 days. Seems like a couple days after i started this my poop has been on the 'runny' side :? . I'm usually pretty regular.

Could this combo salad be causing this? (getting my gut cleaned up?)

Anyone else ever had this issue?

J

j.

Maybe the oil or vinegar in the salad is old? Maybe the carrot is old? I would try changing the ingredients a bit.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
JohnS, welcome to the forum! :welcome

OP
J

JohnS

kiran said:
Can you tolerate large doses of fat in general?

Yes, I do tolerate large doses of fat. I'm coming from paleo/primal, so I have been consuming lots of meats, eggs, coconut oil, etc.

Wilfrid

Carrot's fiber are pretty safe even in case of intestinal sensitivity...in fact carrot are one of the few raw vegetables that can be reintroduce safely and quickly even after intestinal surgery.
So what kind of oil do you use?
If not already, try a mix of refined coconut oil and good quality olive oil ( made with fully ripe olives) and start with 1/2 carrot two times a day instead of one.

OP
J

JohnS

Nutiva. I've been eating it by the spoonfuls for years.

Primal2Peat

I'm in the same boat John. I'm coming from paleo/primal.

I think I've been overdoing the carrot/vinegar/coconut oil, so my stools don't bind as well.

I'm going to minimize them more and find the right amounts.

OP
J

JohnS

I skipped it yesterday. Poop was still not normal today but not as bad either. Anyway, I'll keep at it.
Here are my ingredients.

Nutiva coconut oil
Briggs's Apple Cider Vinegar
Carrot

I've also increased my dairy intake, so I guess this could be causing some of this too. I have always consumed dairy daily just not as much as here lately. Loving the ice cream!

tomisonbottom

JohnS said:
I skipped it yesterday. Poop was still not normal today but not as bad either. Anyway, I'll keep at it.
Here are my ingredients.

Nutiva coconut oil
Carrot

I've also increased my dairy intake, so I guess this could be causing some of this too. I have always consumed dairy daily just not as much as here lately. Loving the ice cream!

Did you ever figure out if the carrot was what caused that?

jyb

JohnS said:
Here are my ingredients.

Nutiva coconut oil
Carrot

Try white wine vinegar, maybe. I personally avoid anything with apple (fruit, juice, cider) as it doesn't seem to digest well - or at least produces very different stools.

sara n.

I can't use the Bragg's vinegar at all. It gives me terrible diarrhea. I think it is the raw yeasts that make up the "mother" which is supposed to be alive in the Bragg's.