Carnosine?

Coderr

There is no carnosine sale in my country. But Beta Alanine and Histidine are on sale. What proportion of both should I take for carnosine? Could it be 1: 1? Some say just Beta-Alanine is enough. What do you think about this?

Hans

Forum Supporter
There is no carnosine sale in my country. But Beta Alanine and Histidine are on sale. What proportion of both should I take for carnosine? Could it be 1: 1? Some say just Beta-Alanine is enough. What do you think about this?
Beta-alanine seems to be the limiting factor for carnosine synthesis, so taking beta-alanine alone should be enough. Perhaps you can do 3:1 ratio beta-alanine to histidine. Also, beta-alanine might increase the need for taurine.

OP
C

Coderr

[QUOTE = "Hans, mesaj: 584755, üye: 6808"] Beta-alanine seems to be the limiting factor for carnosine synthesis, so taking beta-alanine alone should be enough. Perhaps you can do 3:1 ratio beta-alanine to histidine. Also, beta-alanine might increase the need for taurine. [/ QUOTE]

So should I take taurine when taking beta alanine?

Michael Mohn

Histidine is the precursor of histamine, most people have to much of it already. I would take only beta-alanine. Adding glycine and or taurine would be more beneficial.

Hans

Forum Supporter
[QUOTE = "Hans, mesaj: 584755, üye: 6808"] Beta-alanine seems to be the limiting factor for carnosine synthesis, so taking beta-alanine alone should be enough. Perhaps you can do 3:1 ratio beta-alanine to histidine. Also, beta-alanine might increase the need for taurine. [/ QUOTE]

So should I take taurine when taking beta alanine?
Yes, 2-6g of taurine daily together 5-6g beta-alanine.

Michael Mohn

5-6g beta-alanine.

This sounds like a lot. I heared that 250mg is a good dose and above 500mg I get a pronounced needley, stinging sensation in the skin. Do you split up your beta alanine in how many doses or how do you do it?

Dave Clark

What is exactly Peat's opinion on L-carnosine, regarding AGEs, knowing that he isn't a fan of isolated amino acids, does he think taking L-carnosine is safe or even necessary?

Michael Mohn

What is exactly Peat's opinion on L-carnosine, regarding AGEs, knowing that he isn't a fan of isolated amino acids, does he think taking L-carnosine is safe or even necessary?

In general Peat discourages supplementation but more so due to impurities and harmful additives. He strives to cover his nutritional needs from real food, meaning milk, coffee and orange juice :D but he experimented with vitamine c, d, k and probably other stuff. I never heard him talking about carnosine but once the was asked about beta-alanine and he made a few positive remarks but I don't remember what exactly he said. L-carnosine is very expensive and nobody recommends it if you can by beta-alanine dirt cheap and reduce your histamine while producing carnosine endogenously.

Hans

Forum Supporter
This sounds like a lot. I heared that 250mg is a good dose and above 500mg I get a pronounced needley, stinging sensation in the skin. Do you split up your beta alanine in how many doses or how do you do it?
Such high doses are what bodybuilders typically use, but you don't have to use such large doses. Even eating meat can increase your carnosine, so then there is no need for supplementation.
I don't currently take it myself, but when I did, it was just one serving a day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals