Carnosine Attenuates Mast Cell Degranulation And Histamine Release Induced By Oxygen-glucose Depriva

paymanz

Carnosine attenuates mast cell degranulation and histamine release induced by oxygen-glucose deprivation. - PubMed - NCBI
Carnosine (beta-alanyl-histidine) is a naturally occurring dipeptide that has been characterized as a putative hydrophilic antioxidant. The protective function of carnosine has been demonstrated in neuronal cells under ischemic injury. The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of carnosine on oxygen-glucose deprivation (OGD)-induced degranulation and histamine release from mast cells. Cultured mast cells were exposed to OGD for 4 h, and then the degranulation was observed immediately by microscopy. Histamine release was analyzed by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). OGD caused degranulation of mast cells, and increased histamine and lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) release. Carnosine (at a concentration of 5 mM) alone did not produce any appreciable effect on degranulation, histamine, and LDH release from mast cells under normal condition, but significantly inhibited the degranulation, histamine, and LDH release of mast cells induced by OGD. These results indicate that carnosine can protect mast cells from degranulation and histamine release and it may be an endogenous mast cell stabilizer in the pathological processes induced by ischemia.

I think carnosine was that stuff that made you produce less lactic acid is this correct @haidut

Luckytype

Subbed.

My understanding is carnosine is buffer to maintain a higher cell pH when H+ is present.

Should some of us be supplementing beta alanine?

OP
P

paymanz

Subbed.

My understanding is carnosine is buffer to maintain a higher cell pH when H+ is present.

Should some of us be supplementing beta alanine?
Along with glycine and taurine ,beta alanine is one of ray peat's favorite amino acids.

Muscle meat is good source , either red or white.

Back
Top Bottom