Carnivores going Peat

GreekDemiGod

This is an anonymous promoter / influencer of the Carnivore Diet. Probably makes money from it too.Just saw lately that he is endorsing OJ and talking about thyroid.
20210106_031556.jpg

lampofred

Peat was talking about OJ, coconut oil, eating high protein in the 70s. The man is a legend, 50 years ahead of his time...

gaze

Peat was talking about OJ, coconut oil, eating high protein in the 70s. The man is a legend, 50 years ahead of his time...
and all the way until about 2010 he did it largely without any recognition, fame, or money. When it's all said and done there will have been hundreds of people making money off his research by selling supplements, coaching, YouTube videos, and books. I can already see the future of diet gurus getting on the milk bandwagon, as that's the one food that's been on the decline in public perception for the past 30 years that's almost unanimously demonized in health circles. Its only a matter of time for its revival.

Hugh Johnson

and all the way until about 2010 he did it largely without any recognition, fame, or money. When it's all said and done there will have been hundreds of people making money off his research by selling supplements, coaching, YouTube videos, and books. I can already see the future of diet gurus getting on the milk bandwagon, as that's the one food that's been on the decline in public perception for the past 30 years that's almost unanimously demonized in health circles. Its only a matter of time for its revival.
Things are getting better, and the truth is coming out in many ways.

baccheion

Any before/after pictures of the Ray Peat approach? Does it reverse aging? Slow aging? Halt balding? Reverse it? What?

He's been avoiding PUFAs for decades and doesn't look much different? That is, he doesn't look 40 and 80 something. Heh.

This (all diets/approaches) seems pointless.

He also has a picture in which there are "bumps" on his face. Isn't that a sign of blood sugar or some other relevant problem?

gaze

Any before/after pictures of the Ray Peat approach? Does it reverse aging? Slow aging? Halt balding? Reverse it? What?

He's been avoiding PUFAs for decades and doesn't look much different? That is, he doesn't look 40 and 80 something. Heh.

He also has a picture in which there are "bumps" on his face. Isn't that a sign of blood sugar or some other relevant problem?
i think you've been brainwashed by makeup ridden celebrities on your picture of health. theres vastly more important things than slight imperfections in appearance. being able to speak on complex problems on a 2 and half hour podcast every other day at the age of 85, being able to recall things that have occurred in your life 60 years earlier, recalling things you read 30 years ago with ease, being able to sleep easily, being joyful and happy, having good sexual function, being free of cancer, diabetes, having energy throughout the day. these are all involved in health and your worried about a few bumps on skin? Ray probably has more mental energy than most 20 year olds I know. and i'm sure his physical energy is just as good as well

tankasnowgod

The serious "Milk Gurus" where doing it before Ray Peat was even born!

gaze

The serious "Milk Gurus" where doing it before Ray Peat was even born!

time is a flat circle...

CLASH

@CLASH has stated that the No Starch Diet is basically a marriage between Carnivore and Fruitarian.
Once carnivore fails people will have to readjust thier dogma. Doubling down can only get so far especially with elimination diets. With that said I think what we are seeing with people and dietary "fads" is really just a process of figuring out what works and what doesn't. Part of the process is realizing that dogmas and ideologies dont tend to work, context is important, and knowledge or atleast perception of a "knowledge" is changeable.

Keep what works, throw out the rest, find the unifying principle or concept that can explain the contradictions and paradoxes, and continually re-eveluate has been my process so far. The underpinnings of my faith in this process is that existence functions under context dependent principles that can be grasped and understood; I dont believe in nothingness.

ursidae

This is generally how the bipolar diet switching journey looks like

SAD->vegetarian->vegan->raw vegan->fruitarian-> back to animal products->keto->IF->OMAD->20 day water fast->carnivore->aajonus/peat

Last edited:

keytothecity

Any before/after pictures of the Ray Peat approach?
most look like ***t
Does it reverse aging?
no
Slow aging?
accelerate it in skin
Halt balding?
if you are either insuline resistant before, or you go all the way into hyperthyroidism
Reverse it?
no
exactly
all dogma seems pointless. too individual. figure your own ***t out
show the pic?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I will share my short experience. I am 29 now.
Been Carnivore for 4 months in 2019 and before that a few months on and off of Low Carb. I was almost a zombi on Carnivore, lacked energy. It was a very stressful experience. I persisted for 4 months thinking there will be light at the end of the tunner.
Libido was surprisingly good.
I've reintroduced carbs for over a year now, along with increased fruit intake, more awareness of protecting myself against stress..

I've compared pictures from my Carnivore vs Peat days. On carnivore, I could notice the stress on my face, in my eyes, eyebrows and hair were thinner.
Reintroducing carbs had made me look a bit healthier, I believe. The changes are not spectacular, they are subtle. My eyebrows are getting thicker and thicker lately, hair folicles look a thicker than on Carnivore. Nails growing relatively fast. I'd say these are good signs.

I still haven't reached optimal energy levels ( I suffer from permanent bloating).Libido has been bad too, I rarely have morning wood.
My skin, to be honest, it looks the same on any diet I did. Not happy about it. Maybe I will experiment with cutting dairy and / or going super low fat.

S-VV

It's funny the authoritarian tone these carnivore "influencers" use when they are flip flopping on what is good and what is bad every few months, while their knowledge of physiology increases marginally or not at all.

"Sugar is bad. Carbs are bad.

They destroy the immune system.

Tell your son this."

A few months later...

"Orange juice is good.

Because it has naringenin.

Tell your son this"

B

Blaze

This is generally how the bipolar diet switching journey looks like

SAD->vegetarian->vegan->raw vegan->fruitarian-> back to animal products->keto->IF->20 day water fast->carnivore->aajonus/peat
I , unfortunately came to the Peat way of thinking via that same long route of trying everything else first , then accidently running into Peats myherbdoctor videos.

Knowledge is power, Wish I had found that Peat info much earlier.

B

Blaze

Any before/after pictures of the Ray Peat approach?------
The before and after pictures for me are the testimonials of a staggering number of people posting their results here. Many of us nearly wrecked our body trying other diets and only found relief when using Peats more balanced approach. That is why there are so many testimonials here of from people grateful to have found something that helps.

Well----------I take care of the elderly and have a lot of exposure to how differently we all age. Mentally Peat is very robust. Physically he looks strong but I have seen some people his age looking better than he does. That being said, for his age he looks very healthy. A bit better than the average person I see. There are many individuals his age doing much worse than him.

So, you surmise trying to use diet to get an adequate amount of calories , vitamins , minerals , protein , fats , and carbohydrates to maintain physical function is pointless? There has got to be a balance of nutrients that is absolutely needed for humans to optimally function. But we can certainly debate which ones.

He also has a picture in which there are "bumps" on his face. Isn't that a sign of blood sugar or some other relevant problem?----
Skin tags, bumps, other epidermal issues are common signs present in many as they age. If your critique is that the Peat philosophy will not reverse aging, cure baldness, or provide some other magical remedy to the real issue we face which is mortality.....then you are correct. So if you are subconsciously frustrated at our shared dire circumstance of being mortal and lashing out at the Peat diet for not being the cure for that---I sympathize but your criticism is unjust.
I would disagree , though , that the peat diet can't slow aging. I believe it does help maintain our ability to maintain some function and feel much better for a longer period of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerkboy

It's funny the authoritarian tone these carnivore "influencers" use when they are flip flopping on what is good and what is bad every few months, while their knowledge of physiology increases marginally or not at all.

"Sugar is bad. Carbs are bad.

They destroy the immune system.

Tell your son this."

A few months later...

"Orange juice is good.

Because it has naringenin.

Tell your son this"

They are morons. This is the same style of grifting happening in any space. Just look at the manosphere/red pill space. These people are in it for the money. Or they are simpletons repeating what they read in studies. LOL People listen to these guys it is crazy.

Demyze

This is an anonymous promoter / influencer of the Carnivore Diet. Probably makes money from it too.Just saw lately that he is endorsing OJ and talking about thyroid.
View attachment 21047
They run a marketing/writting group they've been messaging people trying to get them to work for them. They rip off other people's content, I saw a thread where someone showed the messages they were sending people on twitter

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals