"Carnivore MD" Jumping On The "Carbs Aren't The Issue" Bandwagon

reality

I think his new podcasts have been interesting talking about how Linoleic acid actually makes us fat by increasing insulin sensitivity in adipose tissue, and how saturated fats make adipose tissues insulin resistant (a good thing)

I think his new podcasts have been interesting talking about how Linoleic acid actually makes us fat by increasing insulin sensitivity in adipose tissue, and how saturated fats make adipose tissues insulin resistant (a good thing)

Indeed. But Insulin Resistance can be bad for CHO burning Individuals, because of the associated hyperglycemia and the damage it can cause. I myself am not Carnivore but low carb high protein keto, and have increased carbs to 100g net carbs lately, after considering Paul Jaminet's assessment that typical keto vegs do not have bioavailable CHO at all, but effectively more of a kind of resistant starch, owing to cellwall resistance or similar action.

OP
J

julcreutz

Indeed. But Insulin Resistance can be bad for CHO burning Individuals, because of the associated hyperglycemia and the damage it can cause. I myself am not Carnivore but low carb high protein keto, and have increased carbs to 100g net carbs lately, after considering Paul Jaminet's assessment that typical keto vegs do not have bioavailable CHO at all, but effectively more of a kind of resistant starch, owing to cellwall resistance or similar action.

Yeah, but shouldnt you focus on improving your insulin sensitivity then instead of masking the symptoms by eating "keto"?

Yeah, but shouldnt you focus on improving your insulin sensitivity then instead of masking the symptoms by eating "keto"?

Insulin sensitivity has it's own set of issues, for which i became suspicious of high carb. If you are sensitive, a lot of available energy substrate via meal intake goes into storage, out of bloodstream, under the influence of insulin, it will not just come back out either. This leads to hypo - energy status of the bloodtissue, which is supervised by parts of the hypothalamus, which then send the signals of appetite and foodintakes; this seems like a futile cycle to me, except if it is normal to eat divided around the clock. Our primate ancestry would be an example of feasibility. If you let elevated glucose linger in the blood, it causes the toxicity associated with hyperglycemia. I follow the mainstream paradigm of diabetes mode of action in that regard. So, i came to see it as a sign that maybe glucose is not the main energy substrate, but a muscle re - fuel for certain effort ranges when ATP and phosphagen get under pressure due to 'inefficiency' of recycling just in time, and other secondary use cases that need glucose obligatory.

Vegancrossfit

These sorts of personal attacks are completely unwarranted. What does it matter if Colpo is bald? I think he even mentions that he shaves his head. And how do you know Colpo is a "pseudo influencer?" He never mentions that on his resume. You are ridiculous.

Should I not listen to E.D. Weinberg discuss the role of iron in aging because he is 93 (maybe closer to 97 now) and looks old? Should I not read the work of Linus Pauling because he died, again, at age 93?

If you haven't read Colpo's book "The Great Cholesterol Con," I would suggest you do. I was written back in 2004, but remains the best ever researched book cholesterol and heart disease I've ever seen. He goes through literally every diet RCT testing the diet/heart hypothesis, every statin trial, and even many (if not all) of the long term observational studies.

This might be shocking, but you don't need hair to cite and discuss a scientific study.

If you really believe the last line you typed, what are you even doing on this forum?

you’re right, I’m only here because of old habits. I like watching ridiculous guys like you get heated up for nothing.

years ago you were such a ***** refusing to touch meat because it’s got iron now you’re defending beef all day.

it is amusing to me to look at ridiculous nutjobs thinking they finally have a clue when they don’t have one, never had one, never will. Call yourself smart because you’re listening to dudes that suit your bias, I know better.

By the way, resorting to comparing a bald young dude with a 93yo shows how impaired your brain is.

tankasnowgod

years ago you were such a ***** refusing to touch meat because it’s got iron now you’re defending beef all day.

When did I ever say I didn't eat meat? Quote that post. While I have been concerned with Iron levels, there hasn't been a week in my life where I haven't eaten meat.

tankasnowgod

By the way, resorting to comparing a bald young dude with a 93yo shows how impaired your brain is.

I didn't compare Colpo to Weinberg. Just because I mentioned them in the same post doesn't mean that I compared the two of them. Maybe you are the one who's brain is impaired.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals