Carnivore baseline to determine food intolerances

GreekDemiGod

I feel forced to go back to the drawing board and start again with a Carnivore Diet and reintroduce from there Carb sources, starting with honey and white sugar.

My chronic bloating is disgusting, literally walking with a pregnant man-belly. Not even 4 bowel movements / day resolves it.

Foods problematic for me: vegetables, starch, fibre of any kind, fruits with seeds, UHT milk.
It’s also possible that all kinds of fruit bloat me, but I will have to test this.

Plan
:
I will eat: beef(cooked in ghee or butter), pastured eggs, honey & sugar.
If I am still bloated, I will remove honey / sugar.

miquelangeles

I wrote in another thread that I was able to improve my digestion and get rid of bloating by taking 1.5 grams of sodium bicarbonate 30 minutes before meals. After a while I didn't need to take it that often.
Sodium bicarbonate is a powerful stimulator of acid secretion in the stomach through a rebound effect. In experiments, it raises the acidity even when administered together with the meal or after the meal. It was also shown to speed up the stomach emptying, and just by this mechanism alone it can reduce your post-meal bloating significantly, but that's not all.
The pancreas secretes between 1.5-2 liters of bicarbonate-rich pancreatic juice per day, and 95% of the bicarbonate is taken from plasma.
As soon as the chyme leaves the stomach and enters duodenum and small intestine, the pancreas secretes the alkaline juice to neutralize the acidic chyme.
The pancreatic juice is rich in digestive enzymes which function optimally at alkaline pH. If the pH is too acidic it can irritate the duodenum and small intestine and you get bloated. Also, the microbial composition is highly dependent on pH and a low pH can encourage the overgrowth of certain acidophilic bacteria, which in turn can cause bloating. I guess this can go both ways, and a too alkaline pH can cause overgrowth of other bacteria.
Also, the pancreatic enzymes are directly antibacterial and bactericidal, just like bile salts; optimal enzyme secretion will keep your small intestine more sterile.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I wrote in another thread that I was able to improve my digestion and get rid of bloating by taking 1.5 grams of sodium bicarbonate 30 minutes before meals. After a while I didn't need to take it that often.
I will try this. Don't find the taste appealing at all, but I can force through it a few times to notice effects.

I have no idea why you stopped carnivore. Judging from your post history, you did really well on it. What made you wanna switch to Peat?

Nomane Euger

I feel forced to go back to the drawing board and start again with a Carnivore Diet and reintroduce from there Carb sources, starting with honey and white sugar.

My chronic bloating is disgusting, literally walking with a pregnant man-belly. Not even 4 bowel movements / day resolves it.

Foods problematic for me: vegetables, starch, fibre of any kind, fruits with seeds, UHT milk.
It’s also possible that all kinds of fruit bloat me, but I will have to test this.

Plan
:
Try no butter/ghee, I didn’t eat butter for a year,when I ate it back last months,it stayed in my stomach for at least half a day I was having butter disgusting burps,then when I looked back at past years I was having the same symptoms eating butter,I dropped it again and it didn’t come back.when I went from carnivore to eating a lot of honey and ripe fruits,I too developed bloating,and the few times I solved the bloating,feeling of pressure of gas and water while retracting my stomach is when I ate enough quality lamb liver,I think it’s either related to copper or molybdenum deficiency,or I think it’s an excess gas buildup,probably cause by highh histamine,because just a few minutes before I wake up,if’i Retract my stomach there is way less pressure,then when I wake up start to sneeze,rash and be awake,and even burp the feeling of pressure become way more consequent,when I eat histamine lowering foods such as very ripe oranges even if I eat 4 kilos,then I can retract my stomach with out feeling discomfort,enough liver did it too.and one of the think that make me think it could likely be histamine related is that when I was on carnivore I ate a lot of lamb liver and veal liver to the point where I had low histamine symptoms,my digestion was non existent,I was having fermentation burp,but not carbon dioxide/stomach acid reaction burp,yet I had 0 bloating I could retract my stomach up to maximum amplitude,now since I stopped the liver I digest ezly,but I have this constant buildup of gaz when I wake up,the burps are the same burps I have just after I eat fermented meat,sudden strong burps,and only histamine lowering foods resolve the bloating instantly.so since eating a lot of ripe oranges,when iam on the effect of oranges,my histamines feel as low as they have ever been,0bloating,feel as sleep,no rash,no sneeze,no sexual though,sleep like a baby,crazy high tolerance to pain,when the effect wears off,I got some crazy histamine reaction itching all over,poor dreams and sleep,hyena’s digestion,and the chronic bloating.if you go carnivore,try to find some freshly slaughter grass fed grass finished young lamb veal liver kidneys that taste good in your mouth almost raw unseasoned,these could have a positive influence on your
Bloating.do you go out and spend time with womens playing the social game and feeling successful in it?spendingg times with women’s and feeling like a boss improve my androgenic feeling and has fixed my digestion and bloating in the past,from awfull to perfect

Last edited:

miquelangeles

Another thing that helped me immensely was drinking hot water with meals and sometimes between meals as well. By hot I mean as warm as you can tolerate without burning your esophagus.
This single intervention completely cured my car sickness and now I can read on the passenger seat indefinitely without feeling nauseous.
Every bodily function works better when temperature is higher and Ray Peat often talks about this. Keeping your body warm can increase thyroid function.
Drinking hot water is an old practice and is very common in China and Japan. It can effectively stop a cold in its tracks. It is often given after massage sessions at spas to prevent catching a cold.
Much of the therapeutic effects of hot infusions are actually from the hot liquid itself, not so much from the included herbs. In the same way, in placebo controlled experiments it was observed that thick sugary syrup is as effective as medicated syrup for coughs.
Hot water has a prokinetic effect, but if it's just lukewarm it will have the opposite effect even causing vomiting.

Ben.

Elimination diets only help to "live on" but dont necessarily fix issues. Most often thaan not people seem to keep eliminating foods on thoose protocolls rather than reeintruducing them.

have you tried Limonene or peppermint oil enteric coated tablets before? Experiments with pre/probiotics? resistant starch?
Congestion/obstruction in some organs present?

Samya

Plan
:
What about non UHT milk? I'm not familiar with your post history so apologies if milk is off menu for you. It just makes sense to me that would be the ideal baseline, as it inevitably is with every mammal.

I also find milk the least bloating of any food, I'm aware that's not the case for everyone tho. I'm slim but always had a bloat at the bottom of my belly. I just thought it was normal until I started drinking milk.

Sweet Meat

I have no idea why you stopped carnivore. Judging from your post history, you did really well on it. What made you wanna switch to Peat?

i can't speak for the other guy but carnivore is expensive af, and i live in a country that's pretty much made of grass fed cows, so i can only imagine how much worse it would be, paying more for poorer quality, somewhere else

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I did not do well on it, I was very fatigued and lost too much weight too fast. The only minor benefit was reduced bloating.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

What about non UHT milk? I'm not familiar with your post history so apologies if milk is off menu for you. It just makes sense to me that would be the ideal baseline, as it inevitably is with every mammal.

I also find milk the least bloating of any food, I'm aware that's not the case for everyone tho. I'm slim but always had a bloat at the bottom of my belly. I just thought it was normal until I started drinking milk.
I tolerate raw A2 milk better, up to 1l / day, no more.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Elimination diets only help to "live on" but dont necessarily fix issues. Most often thaan not people seem to keep eliminating foods on thoose protocolls rather than reeintruducing them.

have you tried Limonene or peppermint oil enteric coated tablets before? Experiments with pre/probiotics? resistant starch?
Congestion/obstruction in some organs present?
Well, peating by itself doesn’t fix much either.
cascara, carrot salad, charcoal are a band-aid after all, as effective as they can sometimes be.
I actually bought a bottle of D-Limonene pills, taken 2 of them, so far haven’t felt different.

OccamzRazer

Honestly bro I think going carnivore for a while is a great idea in your case. I'd cut out the sugar for now though.

Have you tried doing a bone broth fast? For me they feel super healing without the stress that comes with water fasting. Just a few days made a huge impact on my digestion/bloating/etc.

PaRa

Rice beef eggs honey potatoes
lot of salt
Supp with zinc and B3

avoid high doses vit C, copper and calcium

This will raise histamine and improve the digestion

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

lot of salt
Supp with zinc and B3

Rice and potatoes clog my digestion big time.

Nomane Euger

i

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

lot of salt
Supp with zinc and B3

High histamine does not exclude bloating

Nomane Euger

Plan
:
Do you have only bloating or bloating and poor digestion