Careful Where You Put That. Red Light On Testes Could Be A Problem

Makrosky

Thanks, won't shine it there definitely unless it makes you superman or something :P, but according to some users it had the opposite effect lol. I actually bought the lights off RedLightMan, I also want the full bodylight that @charlie mentioned, that one looks darn awesome. I will purchase that one in the future most definitely, but first I'll try out lights and see what they offer. If I get any positive effects (which I hope I will), I will purchase the one off LifeGivingStore since it has no infrared light in it. I like it actually, because I can purchase a seperate "infrared light" and be a bit more subtle dosing infrared.

I know there are time schematics (as in how long and at what distance) for these lights, would anyone recommend something for a beginner (when u take the RLM for example)? How many times a day/week, for how many minutes at what distance/dosage.

Also, I actually don't like touching hormones at this age, but does anyone know what would be the first hormones to look at (when u become older etc.) which ones are the ones that the body becomes deficient in first? Would that be pregnenolone, progesterone or something else?

My father is a bit older, and he doesn't use supplements whatsoever normally. I convinced him to take k2 and d right now (and he is using it since 2 months), I will get him a good A-D-E-K combo, B-complex, magnesium and perhaps some hormones. But again, since I know j.cksh.t about them, could anyone give a recommendation for which ones to try out on a 55 year old male?

I can't keep saying this enough, THANK YOU!

greetings,

Ok :

- If you are young and healthy, you don't need to use hormones. Really there are so many more important things, specially not related to improving your health. Answering your question, the entry point of experimenting with hormones should be pregnenolone, unless you are clearly hypothyroid in that case thyroid would be first. Pregnenolone is the precusor to all the others, it is really very safe and there are tons of info about it here in the forum and everywhere.

- Redlight on balls won't turn you into a superman. There are much more safer ways to increase testostorne. Don't risk burning your balls, and more importantly, accept you are not a superman ;-) Makes life much easier.

- Have you read about the biphasic response from redlight ? What do you want to achieve exactly ? You don't specify it. I would start by using it on the abdomen area (liver, pancreas, spleen, stomach, etc.) for a few minutes. It is very safe there.

Insomnia

Ok :

- If you are young and healthy, you don't need to use hormones. Really there are so many more important things, specially not related to improving your health. Answering your question, the entry point of experimenting with hormones should be pregnenolone, unless you are clearly hypothyroid in that case thyroid would be first. Pregnenolone is the precusor to all the others, it is really very safe and there are tons of info about it here in the forum and everywhere.

- Redlight on balls won't turn you into a superman. There are much more safer ways to increase testostorne. Don't risk burning your balls, and more importantly, accept you are not a superman ;-) Makes life much easier.

- Have you read about the biphasic response from redlight ? What do you want to achieve exactly ? You don't specify it. I would start by using it on the abdomen area (liver, pancreas, spleen, stomach, etc.) for a few minutes. It is very safe there.

I was going to use it for the thyroid. I am somewhat hypothyroid, it's not really bad but I think I should adress this problem now instead of letting it go out of hand and then adress it. If I do it on time, I just try to avoid medication at all costs. I also want to use red/infrared for the muscles on the upper back, shoulders, knees and perhaps the chest (i.e. after workouts), I did read the biphasic response from redlight but these topics (lights and hormones) go way out of my knowledge, but luckily I have improved since my last posts from some time ago.

Does the few minutes go for both lights (because I bought the normal red light and the infrared one). Would I effectively halve the time, when using both or wouldn't it matter since it's a different spectrum/frequency.

One thing I noticed lately, and this is basically broscience what I am about to say, is that when I glycine (gelatine, great lake): I feel warmer, hands etc everything feels so much warmer? How is this even possible. I do know I have extremely low bodyfat, it was around 4% last year but now I am around 6-8%. I mean, I eat my calories for sure. It's just weird, as if my body feels like "high maintenance", because I only eat whenever my body tells me too (and I'm not starving myself on purpose or anything), I gained 8kg of muscle in 1 year, because I work out heavily since a year now (started last year november). I just feel, that if my hypothyroid get's adressed, it would solve perhaps 90% of the issues I am running into right now.

And the most weird thing of all is, that I have such low bodyfat but still am HYPOthyroid, yes u read that correctly. Did numerous amounts of tests regarding the thyroid, and the checkups were regurlary. All of them were high TSH, and the doctor told me I was slight hypo.

Sucrates

I can tune in as many times as you mention me on the comments :): Glad to help.

What Is your question exactly ?

I would NEVER ever use any redlight on the testicles. No Way. Better safe than sorry.

I've been thinking about this the last days... Lots of us take daily substances that act in many ways one of them is reducing inflammation/pain. For instance : aspirin, tianeptine, pregnenolone, etc.

These substances lower the pain threshold so it could happen that you are burning your testicles without noticing any pain (@Sucrates what do you think about this?). I'm purely speculating but... hey... it's your balls man. They are not replaceable.

I think damage could be done without burning or pain. I wouldn't shine light down there, though I did before I read a little more. I think it could be useful but I don't know enough about it yet. I haven't followed the whole thread so not sure what exactly the questions are. Incandescent bulbs should be used for general lighting, properly dosed LEDs or lasers for LLLT/PBM effects. If you don't know how you should dose then don't use them is my advice. At least spend a couple of hours looking into what you want to treat specifically.

Makrosky

I was going to use it for the thyroid. I am somewhat hypothyroid, it's not really bad but I think I should adress this problem now instead of letting it go out of hand and then adress it. If I do it on time, I just try to avoid medication at all costs. I also want to use red/infrared for the muscles on the upper back, shoulders, knees and perhaps the chest (i.e. after workouts), I did read the biphasic response from redlight but these topics (lights and hormones) go way out of my knowledge, but luckily I have improved since my last posts from some time ago.

Does the few minutes go for both lights (because I bought the normal red light and the infrared one). Would I effectively halve the time, when using both or wouldn't it matter since it's a different spectrum/frequency.

One thing I noticed lately, and this is basically broscience what I am about to say, is that when I glycine (gelatine, great lake): I feel warmer, hands etc everything feels so much warmer? How is this even possible. I do know I have extremely low bodyfat, it was around 4% last year but now I am around 6-8%. I mean, I eat my calories for sure. It's just weird, as if my body feels like "high maintenance", because I only eat whenever my body tells me too (and I'm not starving myself on purpose or anything), I gained 8kg of muscle in 1 year, because I work out heavily since a year now (started last year november). I just feel, that if my hypothyroid get's adressed, it would solve perhaps 90% of the issues I am running into right now.

And the most weird thing of all is, that I have such low bodyfat but still am HYPOthyroid, yes u read that correctly. Did numerous amounts of tests regarding the thyroid, and the checkups were regurlary. All of them were high TSH, and the doctor told me I was slight hypo.
It's not broscience. Glycine and gelatin raise metabolism hence they raise temps. Easy. I think you should read all the redlight/LLLT threads on the forum and you'll get an idea of how you must use it. You have to be much more careful with the infrared than the visible one. I would explain more about dosing etc but I already did if you look in my profile page you will see my posts on the lllt threads there you can get info on how to calculate dosages etc.

Start slow, it's a gradual process ;-)

Insomnia

It's not broscience. Glycine and gelatin raise metabolism hence they raise temps. Easy. I think you should read all the redlight/LLLT threads on the forum and you'll get an idea of how you must use it. You have to be much more careful with the infrared than the visible one. I would explain more about dosing etc but I already did if you look in my profile page you will see my posts on the lllt threads there you can get info on how to calculate dosages etc.

Start slow, it's a gradual process ;-)

Thanks, I'll read other posts too then, better spend some time extra, then to find out later the hard way.

Btw, I will definitely experiment with the glycine/gelatin since I really liked the initial warmth/heat I was producing. I wonder if it boosts the thyroid function, hence the body producing more heat or whether it's solely the metabolism that's being upped and giving the "pleasant" end result.

Makrosky

Thanks, I'll read other posts too then, better spend some time extra, then to find out later the hard way.

Btw, I will definitely experiment with the glycine/gelatin since I really liked the initial warmth/heat I was producing. I wonder if it boosts the thyroid function, hence the body producing more heat or whether it's solely the metabolism that's being upped and giving the "pleasant" end result.
Metabolism is raised by thyroid. Either making the gland to pump more thyroid hormones OR making the current levels of T3 work better in many ways. Or favouring a T4/T3 conversion, etc. If you feel warmer it could be because of two things : metabolism increased as I just explained (good) OR stress reaction (bad). It's explained on the forum how to diferentiate the two. One quick way is to see if your extremities are warm or cold. Temps up but extremities cold = stress reaction. Yeah read the forum man it's full of this useful info. I'm lazy to write it again LOL. Ask if you need clarifications.

Insomnia

Metabolism is raised by thyroid. Either making the gland to pump more thyroid hormones OR making the current levels of T3 work better in many ways. Or favouring a T4/T3 conversion, etc. If you feel warmer it could be because of two things : metabolism increased as I just explained (good) OR stress reaction (bad). It's explained on the forum how to diferentiate the two. One quick way is to see if your extremities are warm or cold. Temps up but extremities cold = stress reaction. Yeah read the forum man it's full of this useful info. I'm lazy to write it again LOL. Ask if you need clarifications.

It's the extremities that become warm, cause usually my feet and hands are cold. Whenever I do a round of gelatine (I usually do it in a hot drink), they heat up, I would lol if it's solely because of the fact that I drink the hot drink and not the gelatine that's in it, guess I'll have to eat/drink gelatin cold to find out. It's the ideal temperature whenever it happens, it just feels so good.

There is just 1 thing that happens once in a while, and that is that my stomach sometimes gets upset when drinking gelatine. It's not anything extreme, just a small discomfort.

Makrosky

It's the extremities that become warm, cause usually my feet and hands are cold. Whenever I do a round of gelatine (I usually do it in a hot drink), they heat up, I would lol if it's solely because of the fact that I drink the hot drink and not the gelatine that's in it, guess I'll have to eat/drink gelatin cold to find out. It's the ideal temperature whenever it happens, it just feels so good.

There is just 1 thing that happens once in a while, and that is that my stomach sometimes gets upset when drinking gelatine. It's not anything extreme, just a small discomfort.
Then that is not a stress reaction. It's good metabolism ramping up. What's your TSH ? And pulse and temps ?

Insomnia

Then that is not a stress reaction. It's good metabolism ramping up. What's your TSH ? And pulse and temps ?

Last time I checked TSH, it was around 12. Prior to that, I hovered around 6-8. It was because of the iodine (I did take it with all the co-supplements), but I didn't touch the iodine for a while. I will get my TSH retested soon. Temps aren't ideal, I hover around 36.5C, pulse I don't know. I will check that soon too, is there a good/reliable way of measuring pulse?

Makrosky

Last time I checked TSH, it was around 12. Prior to that, I hovered around 6-8. It was because of the iodine (I did take it with all the co-supplements), but I didn't touch the iodine for a while. I will get my TSH retested soon. Temps aren't ideal, I hover around 36.5C, pulse I don't know. I will check that soon too, is there a good/reliable way of measuring pulse?
You might not be hypothyroid, at least by clinical standards. Huge elevations of TSH while under iodine supplementation are expected.

Insomnia

You might not be hypothyroid, at least by clinical standards. Huge elevations of TSH while under iodine supplementation are expected.

That would be awesome, I'm curious what the following months will yield me regarding results. One last question though about hypothyroidism. It all started with cold hands/feet and other hypo symptoms, that's what got me into all of this (supplementing and so on). Could low bodyfat also be problematic? I mean, I've walked around with low bodyfat for quite a while now, perhaps so long that I don't remember my older/normal times.

One thing I hated was, whenever I would do cardio like exercises, my sweat/shirt would smell like ammonia (which I never really had prior to that, it just started out in my later years). I also read that, glycine helps to detox this ammonia, which is a powerful neurotoxin. Maybe I was "deficient" in glycine all the time after all. I'm so excited, because the more I read and try out, the closer I get I feel.

ALSO, thanks man. I really appreciate this. I know this ain't not doctors forum, but you've helped me so much more then my doctor so far. He has sent me home with a TSH of 12 (I didn't tell him about the iodine ofcourse) and saying I shouldn't really worry about it.

Makrosky

That would be awesome, I'm curious what the following months will yield me regarding results. One last question though about hypothyroidism. It all started with cold hands/feet and other hypo symptoms, that's what got me into all of this (supplementing and so on). Could low bodyfat also be problematic? I mean, I've walked around with low bodyfat for quite a while now, perhaps so long that I don't remember my older/normal times.

One thing I hated was, whenever I would do cardio like exercises, my sweat/shirt would smell like ammonia (which I never really had prior to that, it just started out in my later years). I also read that, glycine helps to detox this ammonia, which is a powerful neurotoxin. Maybe I was "deficient" in glycine all the time after all. I'm so excited, because the more I read and try out, the closer I get I feel.

ALSO, thanks man. I really appreciate this. I know this ain't not doctors forum, but you've helped me so much more then my doctor so far. He has sent me home with a TSH of 12 (I didn't tell him about the iodine ofcourse) and saying I shouldn't really worry about it.

I don't have any idea about the bodyfat. I think it's probably better to have some fat. But I'm not sure. No idea about the ammonia thing either.

Regarding TSH, yes if it was raised by iodine, it should come down by itself, providing you don't do many anti-thyroid things. You're young anyway, the body has immense self-repair abilities. Try not to do you more damage. Nutritios foods and protein and gelatin and avoiding PUFAs. Using redlight with a very elevated TSH on the thyroid might not be a good idea according to Peat, this is what he told me in an email (he talks about using redlight on thyroid) :

When a person’s thyroid is working optimally, I think the TSH should be below about 0.4. Increasing circulation and cell activity, in the presence of TSH stress, might intensify the inflammatory effects of TSH. Red light penetrates tissue very deeply, since it isn’t absorbed by water or hemoglobin.

Have you tried coconut oil ? Niacinamide ? Aspirin ? All these things help thyroid without any risks.

Maybe you can wait until your TSH drops to 1-4 before using redlight there ? Please don't aim right now at having a 0.4 TSH because it's gonna be lots of frustration. It's reall difficult to get there. Focus on lowering it. There's a long way from 12 to "normal ranges". As I said, if it was just because of the iodine it will come back. If there's something else, then you'll have to find other ways but right now you don't know.

I don't want to sound like a redlight expert because I'M NOT. I'm saying all this based on personal experience, what I've read on papers and on the forum so far and Ray's advice.

Good luck!

Insomnia

I don't have any idea about the bodyfat. I think it's probably better to have some fat. But I'm not sure. No idea about the ammonia thing either.

Regarding TSH, yes if it was raised by iodine, it should come down by itself, providing you don't do many anti-thyroid things. You're young anyway, the body has immense self-repair abilities. Try not to do you more damage. Nutritios foods and protein and gelatin and avoiding PUFAs. Using redlight with a very elevated TSH on the thyroid might not be a good idea according to Peat, this is what he told me in an email (he talks about using redlight on thyroid) :

Have you tried coconut oil ? Niacinamide ? Aspirin ? All these things help thyroid without any risks.

Maybe you can wait until your TSH drops to 1-4 before using redlight there ? Please don't aim right now at having a 0.4 TSH because it's gonna be lots of frustration. It's reall difficult to get there. Focus on lowering it. There's a long way from 12 to "normal ranges". As I said, if it was just because of the iodine it will come back. If there's something else, then you'll have to find other ways but right now you don't know.

I don't want to sound like a redlight expert because I'M NOT. I'm saying all this based on personal experience, what I've read on papers and on the forum so far and Ray's advice.

Good luck!

Wow, that's actually good to know. I'll be very cautious with the Red Light then. It' supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I'll hold back until I get further bloodwork results (which I'm getting on wednesday). I use coconut on a daily basis (1-2 tablespoons). When I used it in the first period (started a year ago), I would become nauseous but since I've used it for a while, I can take tablespoons without a problem now (but I don't overdo it, max 1-2 tablespoon(s) a day). I use aspirin like 2 times a week, I'm scared of overdoing it (at 100-300mg dose). Niacinamide, I get from my multi but perhaps it's not a high enough dose (80mg daily)? I also use niacin seperately twice a week (as inositol hexanicotinate) 250 mg on thursday and friday (=500mg in total = 2500%). This is the only vitamin that's being dosed at such a (what seems to be high) level.

One more thing, perhaps I should make a seperate thread, I don't know if my story is contributing to this thread, hence I try to avoid (potential) angry mods, but I'll continue unless they specify otherwise.

Makrosky

Wow, that's actually good to know. I'll be very cautious with the Red Light then. It' supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I'll hold back until I get further bloodwork results (which I'm getting on wednesday). I use coconut on a daily basis (1-2 tablespoons). When I used it in the first period (started a year ago), I would become nauseous but since I've used it for a while, I can take tablespoons without a problem now (but I don't overdo it, max 1-2 tablespoon(s) a day). I use aspirin like 2 times a week, I'm scared of overdoing it (at 100-300mg dose). Niacinamide, I get from my multi but perhaps it's not a high enough dose (80mg daily)? I also use niacin seperately twice a week (as inositol hexanicotinate) 250 mg on thursday and friday (=500mg in total = 2500%). This is the only vitamin that's being dosed at such a (what seems to be high) level.

One more thing, perhaps I should make a seperate thread, I don't know if my story is contributing to this thread, hence I try to avoid (potential) angry mods, but I'll continue unless they specify otherwise.

I think it's more important that you keep reading on the forum content so you get a better idea of all the topics we mentioned.

100-300mg aspirin x 2 times a week is very far from overdoing it. You won't have problems.

Insomnia

I've got my bloodwork results. The TSH has luckily been dropped from approx 12 to 7.2. I also started using the lights, but still very cautious. I noticed almost immediate results (i.e. within days);

1) When I hit the gym, it feels as if my muscles get way less fatigued when exercising or and the annoying tight feeling around the muscles are way less noticable.

2) I'm sorry but I really need to mention this (to find out whether it's actually positive or not), but basically I am shining the lights (infrared and red) on the thyroid and chest/abdomen/back muscles. Aside from sleeping very good lately, I mean I can't even keep my eyes open lately, while I first always had somewhat trouble getting into sleep. What I wanted to mention is, after the first couple of days, I was very horny, like really horny. Now that effect, isn't as extreme anymore after a couple of sessions (perhaps it can be contributed to something else).

3) While I use alot of supps, it's hard to point out where symptoms come from sometimes, but one thing Sometimes, on rare occasions (a bit more common last couple of months) I sometimes have a very small feeling of nervousness/anxiety (perhaps one of the hyposymptoms that I was battling, anyone who can confirm?), just for no real obvious reason (it's more of a uncomfortable feeling around the abdomen area, perhaps a weird description). This always subsides, but after using red lights I feel so much more relaxed and I focused.

How is it possible that light has such an effect on the body, I just cannot imagine it, but I can definitely contribute my findings (the things I wrote above) and that light has certainly made an impact (positive so far), I would almost call myself Light Deficient. I used quite some supps, which all go through the body mostly by taking it orally. I just shined some light on myself, and voilah, in just a week time I almost got addicted to it.

One thing I really really need to get some help on is, whether I can continue using this light (daily 10-15 mins @10 cm, is 200mw) for life, or whether I will experience diminishing returns after sometime? Do I need to cycle the usage of lights? I tried to find some info, but perhaps I am just bad at finding stuff.

Anyhow, thnx for reading. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.

OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

I've got my bloodwork results. The TSH has luckily been dropped from approx 12 to 7.2. I also started using the lights, but still very cautious. I noticed almost immediate results (i.e. within days);

1) When I hit the gym, it feels as if my muscles get way less fatigued when exercising or and the annoying tight feeling around the muscles are way less noticable.

2) I'm sorry but I really need to mention this (to find out whether it's actually positive or not), but basically I am shining the lights (infrared and red) on the thyroid and chest/abdomen/back muscles. Aside from sleeping very good lately, I mean I can't even keep my eyes open lately, while I first always had somewhat trouble getting into sleep. What I wanted to mention is, after the first couple of days, I was very horny, like really horny. Now that effect, isn't as extreme anymore after a couple of sessions (perhaps it can be contributed to something else).

3) While I use alot of supps, it's hard to point out where symptoms come from sometimes, but one thing Sometimes, on rare occasions (a bit more common last couple of months) I sometimes have a very small feeling of nervousness/anxiety (perhaps one of the hyposymptoms that I was battling, anyone who can confirm?), just for no real obvious reason (it's more of a uncomfortable feeling around the abdomen area, perhaps a weird description). This always subsides, but after using red lights I feel so much more relaxed and I focused.

How is it possible that light has such an effect on the body, I just cannot imagine it, but I can definitely contribute my findings (the things I wrote above) and that light has certainly made an impact (positive so far), I would almost call myself Light Deficient. I used quite some supps, which all go through the body mostly by taking it orally. I just shined some light on myself, and voilah, in just a week time I almost got addicted to it.

One thing I really really need to get some help on is, whether I can continue using this light (daily 10-15 mins @10 cm, is 200mw) for life, or whether I will experience diminishing returns after sometime? Do I need to cycle the usage of lights? I tried to find some info, but perhaps I am just bad at finding stuff.

Anyhow, thnx for reading. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.
I think you are over doing it. It sounds like you are using the RLM Red light device - Red Light Man

it suggests
  • Position the light 15 – 30 cm away from the body.
  • Exposure each area for 1-5 minutes, 3+ times per week.
  • Continue until results are seen or felt.
  • Maintain benefits by using once/twice a week.
edit: if the RLM gives off 200 mW/cm² @10cm (3.9 inches) then to get a conservative dose of 12J/cm2 you only want to use it for no more than 1 minute at each spot.

use this equation:
Dose (J/cm2) = power density (mW/cm2) *(1W/1000 mW) x time (secs)

or time (secs) = (12 J/cm2) /( 200 mW/cm2)* (1000 mW/1W)
=60 seconds @ 10 cm

but I think 10 cm is too close and would use it no closer than 30 cm for about 4 minutes

Last edited:

Insomnia

I think you are over doing it. It sounds like you are using the RLM Red light device - Red Light Man

it suggests
  • Position the light 15 – 30 cm away from the body.
  • Exposure each area for 1-5 minutes, 3+ times per week.
  • Continue until results are seen or felt.
  • Maintain benefits by using once/twice a week.
edit: if the RLM gives off 200 mW/cm² @10cm (3.9 inches) then to get a conservative dose of 12J/cm2 you only want to use it for no more than 1 minute at each spot.

use this equation:
Dose (J/cm2) = power density (mW/cm2) *(1W/1000 mW) x time (secs)

or time (secs) = (12 J/cm2) /( 200 mW/cm2)* (1000 mW/1W)
=60 seconds @ 10 cm

but I think 10 cm is too close and would use it no closer than 30 cm for about 4 minutes

Yikes, I feel so stupid. Ur correct, I am using the RLM ones, I got the big ones. I think I got away with making that mistake, because I just started out because and it's still early on. I will definitely use it from further away.

Btw, I assume that when I look at this line "Exposure each area for 1-5 minutes, 3+ times per week", how many areas can I cover if I decide to go for 5 minutes each? I mean, there should be a theshold for a whole session if I am correct, would 15 minutes be a good amount of time per session and in that session you cover different areas (perhaps no more then 2 times a day = 30 minutes in total, daily)?

I will definitely print this out, because it's a nice reminder. Thank you!

OP
x-ray peat

x-ray peat

Btw, I assume that when I look at this line "Exposure each area for 1-5 minutes, 3+ times per week", how many areas can I cover if I decide to go for 5 minutes each? I mean, there should be a theshold for a whole session if I am correct, would 15 minutes be a good amount of time per session and in that session you cover different areas (perhaps no more then 2 times a day = 30 minutes in total, daily)?
I've wondered that myself. The light effects both the specific area treated as well as the whole body as the blood flows around. Maybe someone else knows but I would think that you could treat 5 spots fairly safely at 5 minutes each. I would go no more than half that (2.5 minutes) on your balls if you are thinking about treating there.

David PS

Informative thread! I am surprised that the fad continues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom