aquaman

Did anybody ever ask Peat about his opinion on using oral methylene blue as a health test? I wonder if he thinks it's reliable and what doses would indicate good health. What do you think?

What about RMR testing through CO2 production and O2 usage?

You think too expensive to make it useful? Ie a good capnometet seems to cost $500

Mito

I suppose the same can be achieved with a simple blood test for pyruvate and lactate and then the pyruvate/lactate ratio can be checked against known pathological ranges for which data already exists. But the MB test would be better since it would be non-invasive and everybody can do at home without doctors getting involved.
What do think about urinary metabolites as an indicator of mitochondrial efficiency?
B003EAAD-57F8-4F6A-9BF9-547A1C74DE08.jpeg

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What do think about urinary metabolites as an indicator of mitochondrial efficiency?
View attachment 8484

Urine tests can offer some insight but I would combine them with a blood test as by themselves they can be unreliable. Similar to the cortisol and serotonin tests, which combined blood with urine 24-hour test to obtain a complete picture.

tastyfood

I noticed the product is a bit sticky. If I put in my forearms, it sticks to my sweater. Any recommendations on places of application?

If you eat for example vitamin C with the methylene blue, the pee results will be skewed

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I noticed the product is a bit sticky. If I put in my forearms, it sticks to my sweater. Any recommendations on places of application?

I think it is the ATP and succinic acid causing this. Spreading on wider area should reduce the stickiness.

Epistrophy

Yeah, the skin test is nice but it can be skewed by local conditions not indicative of systemic health. I was thinking that maybe ingesting up to a certain amount of MB and checking for urine discoloration would be more indicative of systemic health as it has to pass through the GI, liver and then kidneys. Human studies with oral MB show that the bioavailability is pretty stable and does not vary much. I think it was around 70%. I have seen very young children get blue pee from 1mg oral MB doses and I am inclined to think it signifies their high oxidative state, while I have seen adults not get any change in urine color from even 15mg doses. This can't be a coincidence and as such could be developed into a more robust test with "normal" ranges where say a person ingests increasing MB doses once daily for several days until the pee turns blue. The lowest dose at which this happens can be compared to the results of a large number of other adults and this could gauge redox status. I suppose the same can be achieved with a simple blood test for pyruvate and lactate and then the pyruvate/lactate ratio can be checked against known pathological ranges for which data already exists. But the MB test would be better since it would be non-invasive and everybody can do at home without doctors getting involved.

On your note of urine discoloration. I use 1mg of MB and the next day my urine is a dark green color!

Amazigh

I've been taking Cardenosine for almost 2 weeks now, 40 drops every other day + 2 drops Oxidal. (Sidenote: I have been taking 2 tablets of Cynomel daily, divided into 4 doses of 1/2 tablet, since 2010. I tried all different adjustments to my diet etc. and for some reason this is the amount I need to function and keep my temps/pulse up. I was exposed to mold and insecticides on and off for the last 4 or so years, which impacted me further. I strongly suspect that my sister and I inherited some mitochondrial thing from my mother since we all have strong symptoms, even since childhood.) Effects: absence of quicksand-like fatigue, mental clarity/general cognitive improvement, emotional/mental lift, increased endurance/muscle weakness seems to be going away, increased appetite (I was only eating 2 small/med meals & 2 snacks per day, until I woke up ravenous at 3am a few nights ago, now I need 3 more substantial meals), premenstrual symptoms associated with estrogen were almost gone - fibrocystic sore breasts, super-heavy period sometimes lasting 2 weeks, irregular etc (I'm turning 51 next month, and perimenopausal), better digestion (had IBS-like symptoms, bloating, gas, diarrhea + slow transit, intolerant of milk proteins), my thumb nails that I had been unable to grow since 2014 due to vertical splitting are beginning to grow out finally. Facial puffiness is going away. Will report on my progress again soon.

Edit: By the way, I experimented with 13mg doses of methylene blue a little over a year ago, and even at that dose, my pee was at best, green. Never blue.

Wagner83

I've been taking Cardenosine for almost 2 weeks now, 40 drops every other day + 2 drops Oxidal. (Sidenote: I have been taking 2 tablets of Cynomel daily, divided into 4 doses of 1/2 tablet, since 2010. I tried all different adjustments to my diet etc. and for some reason this is the amount I need to function and keep my temps/pulse up. I was exposed to mold and insecticides on and off for the last 4 or so years, which impacted me further. I strongly suspect that my sister and I inherited some mitochondrial thing from my mother since we all have strong symptoms, even since childhood.) Effects: absence of quicksand-like fatigue, mental clarity/general cognitive improvement, emotional/mental lift, increased endurance/muscle weakness seems to be going away, increased appetite (I was only eating 2 small/med meals & 2 snacks per day, until I woke up ravenous at 3am a few nights ago, now I need 3 more substantial meals), premenstrual symptoms associated with estrogen were almost gone - fibrocystic sore breasts, super-heavy period sometimes lasting 2 weeks, irregular etc (I'm turning 51 next month, and perimenopausal), better digestion (had IBS-like symptoms, bloating, gas, diarrhea + slow transit, intolerant of milk proteins), my thumb nails that I had been unable to grow since 2014 due to vertical splitting are beginning to grow out finally. Facial puffiness is going away. Will report on my progress again soon.

Edit: By the way, I experimented with 13mg doses of methylene blue a little over a year ago, and even at that dose, my pee was at best, green. Never blue.
Is that all? That's underwhelming.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
On your note of urine discoloration. I use 1mg of MB and the next day my urine is a dark green color!

I think that's a good sign. It would be nice to get Peat's take on it too.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Oh wow, this is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am happy to be a guinea pig. Always been open to experimentation of this sort.

I guess the only thing I'd suggest is to try with methylene blue (1mg) or B-complex vitamins. Either one, and together probably much more, should be synergistic with Cardenosine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals