Cardamom Could Be Great For The Gut

Vinny

Has anybody had effects from cardamonextract ? I am trying 90 mg per day at the moment.
Drank some tea and put it in my coffee a few times, and had a ghost wipe yesterday, but not sure it was from the cardamon. Need to experiment more

Mauritio

Drank some tea and put it in my coffee a few times, and had a ghost wipe yesterday, but not sure it was from the cardamon. Need to experiment more
Sounds good keep experimenting!
I started a digestive enzymes mix that has it I it .
Also had ghost wipe today ,but also dont know if related :D

Inaut

Cardamom is definitely helping with digestion. I eat a couple of pods after meals it no heart burn (typical when i eat fried foods).

yerrag

I should go back to making Chai. Uses a lot of spices. Cardamom, cinnamon bark (not the Ceylon type, though I should look for one) clove bud, ginger, allspice, and one more spice I can't remember the name of. I use orange pekoe tea for best Chai. Then lotsa milk. And peaty too.

Come to think of it, it's very antibacterial. The tea is a biofilm buster.
Nutmeg.

lvysaur

rasmalai usually has cardamom and saffron in it, used to eat that for breakfast daily

Vinny

Cardamom is definitely helping with digestion. I eat a couple of pods after meals it no heart burn (typical when i eat fried foods).
You simply chew the raw pods?

boris

I should go back to making Chai. Uses a lot of spices. Cardamom, cinnamon bark (not the Ceylon type, though I should look for one) clove bud, ginger, allspice, and one more spice I can't remember the name of. I use orange pekoe tea for best Chai. Then lotsa milk. And peaty too.

Come to think of it, it's very antibacterial. The tea is a biofilm buster.

I used to make a sugar syrup infused with cardamom, cinnamon, clove and star anise, I think I used some allspice too (lightly roasting then cooking it together with the sugar in a pan). Tasted amazing in milk. Back then I didn't watch for any possible bodily benfits.

Last edited:

somuch4food

I used to make a sugar syrup infused with cardamom, cinnamon, clove and star anise, I think I used some allspice too (lightly roasting then cooking it together with the sugar in a pan). Tasted amazing in milk. Back then I didn't watch for any possible bodily benfits.

That's an awesome idea! I was looking into making invert sugar syrup. That would make it more interesting.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
According to the study, it should translate to about 1tsp daily of the spice.
Has anyone used it before with success, either the spice or the essential oil?
Bumpskies. Interesting tasting spice no doubt.

@Hans, permission to change Cardamon to Cardamom in the title?

Quelsatron

cardamom is a key ingredient in cinnamon rolls, although the presence of grandma is a confounding factor in evaluating its effect

Sumbody

Can anyone with the experience recommend a brand or store with cardamom powder that is high quality?

Would like to order some and try supplementing with it as I currently supplement with ceylon cinnamon, and am interested in combining the two.

yerrag

Last weekend I had gut bloat and I was constipated as well. The bloat was being relieved by a lot of burping, and an occasional fart.

I chewed on one cardamom seed together with three cloves. It helped ease the pain, if only temporarily. I did the same with a teaspoon of fennel, had the same effect.

But the relief was only temporary. I had to resort co copper acetate, probiotics, and cascara sagrada to resolve the issue.

Beastmode

From this study:

Dose effects of the food spice cardamom on aspects of hamster gut physiology. - PubMed - NCBI
The administration of cardamom extract (0.5 and 1.5 g/100 g diet) effectively (p < 0.05) shortened hamster gastrointestinal transit time by approximately 58%, increased fecal moisture contents (148-174%), increased SCFA concentrations in hindgut (4.0- to 7.8-fold), decreased the activities of beta-D-glucuronidase (by 71.4-85.7%), beta-D-glucosidase (by 24.3-51.5%), mucinase (by 63.6-72.7%), and urease (by 88.8-90.4%) in feces, and reduced the production of toxic ammonia (by 16.1-64.5%).

According to the study, it should translate to about 1tsp daily of the spice.
Has anyone used it before with success, either the spice or the essential oil?
I have added the spice to my latte's in the morning and it appears that my bowel movements are more full since starting it. I'm quite consistent with my daily intake and flow so that's the only thing that's really changed.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have added the spice to my latte's in the morning and it appears that my bowel movements are more full since starting it. I'm quite consistent with my daily intake and flow so that's the only thing that's really changed.
Nice! How much are you adding? About a pinch?

Beastmode

Nice! How much are you adding? About a pinch?
I drink 3 latte's, so I would say somewhere around a pinch for each. I added it to the regiment after you mentioned it about safely removing fat. About 10 days in so far. I was going to mention this in the ot her thread you started on this topic.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I drink 3 latte's, so I would say somewhere around a pinch for each. I added it to the regiment after you mentioned it about safely removing fat. About 10 days in so far. I was going to mention this in the ot her thread you started on this topic.
That's pretty cool. How do you like the taste? Have you noticed any other benefits so far?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom