Carbs—sugar, starch and fruit causing pimples

Hi, I'm new here, but a good friend of mine has been a long-time poster and always shares Ray Peat and Chris Masterjohn content with me.

Some background about my health situation:

* I have Celiac Disease (diagnosed 10 years ago), and was also tentatively diagnosed with fructose malabsorption 3 years ago.
* I also have mild psoriasis in my family

Here's the issue at hand:

Every time I eat starches, sugary foods or fruit, I break out in these painful pimple-like pus filled painful bumps on my scalp, back, armpits and arms. They take much longer to recede than regular white or blackheads I get on my face. I also break out a lot on my face too following eating these foods. It may be folliculitis, but it doesn't respond to any of the creams that my dermatologist prescribed, and it seems to emerge specifically in the hours after I eat these carb-based foods.

My dermatologist prescribed me antibiotics for a month, and I took them, and they caused these pimple-like things to recede somewhat, and be less aggravating, but they didn't fully go away, even by the end of the month. Then as soon as I went off antibiotics, they came back full force.

What do you think this could be? Any suggestions on what I might try next?

Thank you.

OP
G
Hey, I do not feel entitled to any answers here but I noticed this hasn't gotten any responses and I thought it might be because I posted at a weird time. Thanks!

Gustav3Y

What is the the name of the antibiotic you have been prescribed?
The dermatological creams prescribed by the doctor also contain steroids?

Do you have the antibodies tested for celiac disease and gluten intolerance?

OP
G
What is the the name of the antibiotic you have been prescribed?
The dermatological creams prescribed by the doctor also contain steroids?

Do you have the antibodies tested for celiac disease and gluten intolerance?
Hey Gustav thanks for the reply.

I was put on a month’s dose of amoxicillin.

I have been diagnosed with Celiac 10 years ago with a biopsy.

Some of the creams did have steroids, yes.

Gustav3Y

That is a pretty decent time for the amoxicillin, I mean at least it wasn't a 2 weeks time only.
Wouldn't doxycycline do a better job for skin conditions? Seems common for that matter.

I wonder if maybe the steroids in the creams weren't the ones making acne be more subdued, once you stop them the issues in theory should come right back.
Maybe it was hydrocortisone in the creams?

OP
G
That is a pretty decent time for the amoxicillin, I mean at least it wasn't a 2 weeks time only.
Wouldn't doxycycline do a better job for skin conditions? Seems common for that matter.

I wonder if maybe the steroids in the creams weren't the ones making acne be more subdued, once you stop them the issues in theory should come right back.
Maybe it was hydrocortisone in the creams?
It was doxycycline you’re right. Also ketoconozole was the cream

Tenacity

Back acne for me is directly linked to gut problems and bad digestion. I took a course of antibiotics for an unrelated problem and the back acne completely cleared up. As soon as I stopped the course, they returned. Hard to digest carbohydrates like wheat or plums make it a lot worse.

Gustav3Y

Also ketoconozole was the cream
This is basically an antifungal. Also with some anti androgenic properties (seen scalp application - hairloss regiment for some)
In very high dosages it is a steroidogenesis inhibitor and used as such.

OP
G
This is basically an antifungal. Also with some anti androgenic properties (seen scalp application - hairloss regiment for some)
In very high dosages it is a steroidogenesis inhibitor and used as such.
Wait, so if i get ketoconazole on my scalp it'll cause hair loss?
Back acne for me is directly linked to gut problems and bad digestion. I took a course of antibiotics for an unrelated problem and the back acne completely cleared up. As soon as I stopped the course, they returned. Hard to digest carbohydrates like wheat or plums make it a lot worse.
Same :(