Carbs late at night make next day bright :)

Serge

They say, I am not supposed to do this, especially as a diabetic, but I have noticed that if I consume a substantial amount of carbs (for example, about 600-800g of potatoes yesterday) 1-2 hours before bed, I feel very energetic and not speepy the next morning, and that lasts well beyond afternoon. Mood is great too. No hunger. It is very repeatable, and it is different from eating carbs in the morning which is like a sleeping pill for me. I'm thinking probably I should eat OMAD about 8pm with like 120-150g of carbs + niacinamide to better control sugar.
In any case, I feel great and that happens pretty much every time I sin with carbs at night.

I find that I literally cannot sleep well without a carbohydrate binge before sleep time. I sleep better and also feel better the next day. You are not alone. Our bodies may be craving sugars and I have learned to listen to my body rather than fight it.

OP
Serge

Serge

I find that I literally cannot sleep well without a carbohydrate binge before sleep time. I sleep better and also feel better the next day. You are not alone. Our bodies may be craving sugars and I have learned to listen to my body rather than fight it.

Yes, unfortunately, it does not help lowering blood glucose and losing weight. I need to pull myself together, lose 15-20kg and see what happens with insulin resistance... been saying this for a couple of years now...

jet9

They say, I am not supposed to do this, especially as a diabetic, but I have noticed that if I consume a substantial amount of carbs (for example, about 600-800g of potatoes yesterday) 1-2 hours before bed, I feel very energetic and not speepy the next morning, and that lasts well beyond afternoon. Mood is great too. No hunger. It is very repeatable, and it is different from eating carbs in the morning which is like a sleeping pill for me. I'm thinking probably I should eat OMAD about 8pm with like 120-150g of carbs + niacinamide to better control sugar.
In any case, I feel great and that happens pretty much every time I sin with carbs at night.
For me it depends on carb type:

starch (potatoes or sweet potatoes): in morning and day = sleeping pill; in evening = energy next day (but tolerance builds up)

fruit: in morning = energy and good sleep at night (enough morning and midday fruit builds liver reserves for night); in evening: poor sleep, insomnia

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals