Carbs And Mitochondria

Davsey85

Dr kruse mentions that unless you are living in an area where there is plenty of sunlight than eating carbs in say chicago or new york is bad for mitochondria

Is there anyone here who eats alot of carbs in winter when there is not alot of sunshine and still enjoy good wellbeing and health?

Inaut

i feel better on carbs so regardless what kruse says, I'll keep eating...

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Curious even in wintertime when there is less sunlight?

He goes deep into redox magnetism and sunlight and

Iam beggining to wonder if anecdotal evidence is more important than anything

Inaut

doesn't kruse like fish oil? i think it's all about finding what we do best on and tweaking from there.

japanese sweet potatoes with some honey, salt and coconut oil tastes like waffles to me :) having some right now actually

J

jb116

No I keep my carbs up in the winter but I also start shifting towards more starch when it gets cold. I still have my fruits fruit juice OJ etc

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

A year ago i was able to tolerate lots of milk honey and some oj which i would typically use postworkout recovery

I also at pasta,bananas quite a bit and red meat and would feel good

Stay up till 2 am several nights a week playing ping pong and getting some good sweat and dopamine

Deapite the several hours of blue light playing ping pong
And sweating before bed i slept good

Face was nice and warm

Now seems that skin is cool
And clammy trying to
Replicate the same thing..Endotoxin?

Ever since emf sensitvy i get imflammation when i eat those foods that i once tolerated

What could be the cause of this?
Some pathogen,toxin

Somedays i would spend 10 hours barefoot in the woods soaking up all of those electrons and the imflammation to those foods and emf sensititivity still there

Ebv early antigen 33
Vitamin d 25 hydroxy 28
Low vitamin c

Lympocytes and wbc are usually high end of normal

I can feel immflation its not normal when you use to be able to walk 6 miles a day and now struggle for 5
minutes

My parents room where they keep there
cell phone is about 30 ft

The nasty immune feelimg i get im the morning i wonder if its their cell phone
signal communicating with a toxin in my body that i acquired in the past

I would appreciate the feedback guys

Forum member carbano suggested mag which has been helpful

I am also on 0.5 clonazapem 3 times a day for anxiety

Thanks

Last edited:

Peater Piper

I do prefer watery fruit in the summer. I don't know if it's the sun or the heat, but meals high in starch or fat are not appealing. In the winter when it's cooler I definitely shift to more starch and fat.

somuch4food

I do prefer watery fruit in the summer. I don't know if it's the sun or the heat, but meals high in starch or fat are not appealing. In the winter when it's cooler I definitely shift to more starch and fat.

I second that my appetite for fruits has taken a hit in the recent weeks.

A year ago i was able to tolerate lots of milk honey and some oj which i would typically use postworkout recovery

I also at pasta,bananas quite a bit and red meat and would feel good

Stay up till 2 am several nights a week playing ping pong and getting some good sweat and dopamine

Deapite the several hours of blue light playing ping pong
And sweating before bed i slept good

Face was nice and warm

Now seems that skin is cool
And clammy trying to
Replicate the same thing..Endotoxin?

Ever since emf sensitvy i get imflammation when i eat those foods that i once tolerated

What could be the cause of this?
Some pathogen,toxin

Somedays i would spend 10 hours barefoot in the woods soaking up all of those electrons and the imflammation to those foods and emf sensititivity still there

Ebv early antigen 33
Vitamin d 25 hydroxy 28
Low vitamin c

Lympocytes and wbc are usually high end of normal

I can feel immflation its not normal when you use to be able to walk 6 miles a day and now struggle for 5
minutes

My parents room where they keep there
cell phone is about 30 ft

The nasty immune feelimg i get im the morning i wonder if its their cell phone
signal communicating with a toxin in my body that i acquired in the past

I would appreciate the feedback guys

Forum member carbano suggested mag which has been helpful

I am also on 0.5 clonazapem 3 times a day for anxiety

Thanks

Yes endotoxin. Have you been avoiding raw veggies. Are you eating a lot of fiber. What about cutting starch.

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Yes i have not been eating a lot of raw veggies mostly cooked veggies.Lots of basmatti rice.

I find that i react better to turkey than chicken.

So my plates are usually meat,rice and veggiea

At night i am finding lately that im relying on sugar to help with sleep but at the same time i wake up feeling like i have some toxin

KennethKaniff

Can you cite any evidence that supports that absurd conclusion? Kruse is a bit of a quack so I wouldn’t take his assertions seriously

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

How can i get rid of these endotoxins....are these yuck feelings i wake up on the morning from the ebstein
Barr or endotoxin?currently intake clonazapem,magnesium and d3

mostlylurking

Read Ray Peat articles on endotoxin. Here's a collection of quotes: Ray Peat, PhD on Endotoxin – Functional Performance Systems (FPS) Not a clue who Dr. Kruse is; this is a Ray Peat forum. Why are you eating all that rice? Rice =pure starch = pure glucose, terrible idea because it has no fructose so it triggers insulin and makes your blood sugar drop. Read Ray Peat: Glycemia, starch, and sugar in context, and Glucose and sucrose for diabetes. .

It sounds to me like you are living on muscle meat and starch. Both of these trigger insulin and lower blood sugar. Then you go to sleep. Blood sugar drops, raises adrenaline, raises cortisol, dissolves your body tissues, you wake up feeling horrible. Also, muscle meat has tryptophan in it which is anti-thyroid. Adding gelatin to your meals would be helpful. Here's an article: Gelatin, stress, longevity

If your Epstein Barr virus is high it means your immune system isn't working well. Read this one: Immunodeficiency, dioxins, stress, and the hormones .

fradon

Dr kruse mentions that unless you are living in an area where there is plenty of sunlight than eating carbs in say chicago or new york is bad for mitochondria

Is there anyone here who eats alot of carbs in winter when there is not alot of sunshine and still enjoy good wellbeing and health?

he may be right as sunlight stimulates thyroid and digestion and muscle development giving excess glucose a place to go. if you live up north in the winter then forget it all that sugar is going to fat and that will shut down energy production. since the sugar will burn faster insulin rises high and stores it in the belly thus creating conditions like hypo glycemia.

another factor is that carbs burn faster. in cold environments oxygen levels rise during inhalation thus increasing oxidation. the reverse is true for hot humid climates where oxygen leven can decrease like 20 percent per breath. in colder weather eating carbs would make you oxidize more and turn you alkaline making you suseptible to flu and colds and allergies. so eating more meat and protein which require more oxygen to burn is better suited.

in hot humid environment where oxygen is low then eating carbs/fruit/sugar is better cause there is less oxygen to burn it and sugar can burn with limited oxygen or no oxygen at all.

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

So essentially daily raw carrot salad/interittent activated charcoal

Is good for endoxin

I just started prozac and klonopin
For anxiety related to emf

And take magnesium and ashwahanda

Can you take activated charcoal while on perscription meds and supplements?

Once I was approached by a guy wearing t-shirt and jeans in the middle of night, in January, in Russia, it was about -20C. He was preaching about eating raw fruits only, never getting cold and becoming a superhuman. Probably he was just high on something like PMA or other amphetamine-like thermogenic stimulator. But he was preaching and claiming that he became superhuman eating fruits. Well, who knows.

So essentially daily raw carrot salad/interittent activated charcoal

Is good for endoxin

I just started prozac and klonopin
For anxiety related to emf

And take magnesium and ashwahanda

Can you take activated charcoal while on perscription meds and supplements?
I think it's a good idea to not use prozac. It has serotoninergic activities and, contrary to what is taught by doctors and the midia, serotonin isn't the happy hormone, it's actually the anxiety and depression hormone. Increasing it isn't the best way to decrease anxiety and nervousness. Take something that reduces adrenaline, cortisol anf serotonin; I think it'll help. Theanine is widely available as a supplement and as little as 100 mg has powerful effects. Cyproheptadine is also very good for lowering stress hormones, although it can make you gain weight, which Theanine doesn't do( in my experience). Magnesium, according to Ray Peat, is helpful against EMFs, and is really calming. I always feel very good after taking 400 or 500mg of magnesium. I take it in magnesium chloride form, mixed with a good dose( 1or 2grams) of sodium bicarbonate to mitigate the possible irritating effect of magnesium on the gut. Aside from that, eating enough and socializing are very important too.

ExD

icut my carb consumption down to practically zero 3weeks ago. i get some from my double cream coffee and maybe a little in mince meat from time to time but besides that i only eat animal protein and fat

my stress tolerance and cold tolerance is better than it's ever been. i have almost zero sugar cravings and my only issues occur when i undereat and overwork (i work 7days a week and sometimes run out of food and even on those days i can still function, i am just a bit less zen by the end of the day due to adrenaline)

i've always had super low body fat so i've always eaten anything and everything without thinking much of it, but zero carb makes me feel more winter resistant than anything i've tried in the past. if i eat a nice ribeye i can tolerate close to freezing conditions in my bear feet for hours and barely even notice. sugar has never had that effect on me. it gives me quick energy but i burn through it extremely fast. i even had reynauds as a kid due to my high carb intake and it's effect on insulin and stress. now i'm toasty all over and the only stress i notice is after excessive coffee consumption

Dave Clark

I have a hard time with theories like this that assume we are all out in the weather. Realistically, most people are in climate controlled conditions, in hot weather areas people are inside in AC, in cold weather areas people are inside with heaters, and more people are staying inside with there electronics then ever before. We are all trying to enjoy a temperature that is sort of Goldilocks-type weather, and that's done inside. Just like they talk about people in sunny areas having more vitamin D, most people are covered in clothes, and that's if they do leave the house like I just mentioned. To me, it is just like the eat seasonal thing, how often does that happen since you can buy anything in the world,, anytime, anyplace, so to speak. People eat what they want when they want it, if apples aren't in season here, we buy them from Chile, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals