Carbon Dioxide & Sauna

Think

Hey guys,

So I have a theory / idea / question for you.

So you can Carbon Dioxide using bag breathing right?

So about 2 years ago I did the whole "sauna niacin detox", this was way before I even knew Ray Peat existed.

Anyhow, when I was in the sauna...I would do about 30-60 mins in there, regular standard dry heat sauna, it was rather large in the gym.

But what I noticed is when 3 or so people were in there, it became extremely difficult to breathe and every so often I had to step out to catch my breath before going in.

Now, after having tried "bag breathing", I'm noticing the same exact effect as it was in the sauna.

So my question is...do you guys think that the REAL benefits of sauna use from all the studies is from increasing Carbon Dioxide in the body / blood and having that heat dispense it to various tissues?

The other reason I'm bringing this up is I'm looking into buying a infrared sauna for home use and not sure if the infrared sauna will have the same effect on the oxygen consumption as the standard dry heat model.

Thoughts?

Side note: I got really fit during that time, was able to bench press about 425 for 8 reps, and only worked out 30 mins a day - 3x a week based on a ton of other research I dug up, anyway I can post pics of my physical progress here if you guys are interested.

Sunrise

I think it is a very interesting question. I am taking a look at this for detox after amalgam removal hut ibam curious what have you found out about this questions you post or related

Beastmode

Warming up the body without excess stress via saunas, etc can be beneficial. Having to catch your breath can be a stressful experience and most likely not beneficial. Blood sugar, length of time, stressors leading up to it (i.e- post workout) all play a major role in it's effect (positive and negative.)

The REAL benefits are most likely anything related to raising your body temp in a non stressful manner. If it boost your metabolic rate and you're supporting it with good fuel, CO2 retention should improve....most likely.

EasyPeaty

I think it is a very interesting question. I am taking a look at this for detox after amalgam removal hut ibam curious what have you found out about this questions you post or related
Hi, I noticed your post and wondered what else you did for detoxing after amalgam removal. My removal date is 01 DEC 21 with a biological dentist practicing the SMART protocol. Did you do the sauna? Anything else? ~ thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals