Carbon Dioxide Dry Bath Gave Me Wobbly Legs- Anyone Know Why?

Henchman

I tried giving myself a Co2 dry bath using a trash bag tied around my waist. I felt the warming sensation for the first half hour, but I kept the bag on for about four hours. I spray my legs with water about once an hour. When I took the bag off I noticed right away my legs felt wobbly. It felt like I had done a thousand reps of squats. That feeling persisted into the next day, & was very noticeable when I walked up even the slightest incline. So I did another Co2 bath a few days later, & nothing. No warming sensation, no wobbly legs...

Does anyone know why Co2 would do this? And why it would only do this the first time? Thanks guys.

yerrag

How were you able to spray your legs once an hour if the bag is sealed from the waist down?

yerrag

I would open up the bag, spray myself, & fill it back up with Co2.
I see. And you were spraying with water to increase the CO2 absorption through the skin I assume.

I can't tell you why you are getting thst effect, but I can only compare your bathing with my bathing of CO2.

I bought a CO2 bath from a member of the forum years ago. I used it for the first time a month ago though. The bath is well constructed. The neoprene material is similar to that of a wet suit and it encloses the whole body except for the head, with a neck seal and a seal-making zipper that runs from the navel to an inch or two from my throat. It has an outlet which hose connected to a vacuum pump to draw air to a vacuum before CO2 is pumped in through an inlet. So what I am bathed in is pure CO2.

I bathed in it for an hour only though. And that was the only time I have used it so far. I experienced the warm CO2 all throughout. I had a mist spray with me and I was spraying mist on my skin to increase CO2 absorption.

But I didn't experience anything after using it, though at that time I was suffering severe cramps on my legs and arms, and it was never relieved. I was hoping CO2 permeating through my body would lower the acidity causing the cramps, but it didn't. Maybe if I held on for 4 hours as you did there would be a different effect. But that was my first time so it's not in me so I was cautious going about it.

OP
Henchman

Henchman

I see. And you were spraying with water to increase the CO2 absorption through the skin I assume.

I can't tell you why you are getting thst effect, but I can only compare your bathing with my bathing of CO2.

I bought a CO2 bath from a member of the forum years ago. I used it for the first time a month ago though. The bath is well constructed. The neoprene material is similar to that of a wet suit and it encloses the whole body except for the head, with a neck seal and a seal-making zipper that runs from the navel to an inch or two from my throat. It has an outlet which hose connected to a vacuum pump to draw air to a vacuum before CO2 is pumped in through an inlet. So what I am bathed in is pure CO2.

I bathed in it for an hour only though. And that was the only time I have used it so far. I experienced the warm CO2 all throughout. I had a mist spray with me and I was spraying mist on my skin to increase CO2 absorption.

But I didn't experience anything after using it, though at that time I was suffering severe cramps on my legs and arms, and it was never relieved. I was hoping CO2 permeating through my body would lower the acidity causing the cramps, but it didn't. Maybe if I held on for 4 hours as you did there would be a different effect. But that was my first time so it's not in me so I was cautious going about it.
When you say you didn't experience anything, did you not feel a warming effect from it?