TripleOG

Couldn't one just derma roll/needle + wear CO2-filled shower cap for scalp treatment?

Risingfire

I believe this to be fully true. I took diamox for 2 days and lost 4 pounds. I felt very fatigued and couldn't function well on it, though. I noticed my blood sugar seemed more stable after as well.

supercoolguy

I believe this to be fully true. I took diamox for 2 days and lost 4 pounds. I felt very fatigued and couldn't function well on it, though. I noticed my blood sugar seemed more stable after as well.
Interesting
Was that Water loss?

Last edited:

Gûs80

Probably part of it. Though I can’t know for sure
Diamox was one of the first diuretics. So you just lost water.

Every time I take it again I lose 2 to 3 kg in 2 days.

In the long term it could result in real fat loss, as as Haidut posted, CO2 will decrease cortisol and improve glucose metabolism, which in theory would result in increased caloric expenditure.

My sleep improves with Diamox (I have sleep apnea), but I also feel more tired with it.

Beastmode

I have to pee more than I like when taking acetazolamide I notice. Feels good on it, but the bathroom trips bring awareness to some underlying "stress" states that I'm not aware of.

It's been over a year so it would be interesting to experiment again as I'm progressively improving my metabolic health, etc.

J.R.K

have to pee more than I like when taking acetazolamide I notice. Feels good on it, but the bathroom trips bring awareness to some underlying "stress" states that I'm not aware of.
Do you think that prolactin might be the main contributing factor @Beastmode?

Beastmode

Do you think that prolactin might be the main contributing factor @Beastmode?
Not sure. I've never checked my levels. I get a little confused at times figuring out which "hormone" might be high or not based on the signs and symptoms. It's easier for me to notice more or less stress and what seems to feed both consistently.

J.R.K

Not sure. I've never checked my levels. I get a little confused at times figuring out which "hormone" might be high or not based on the signs and symptoms. It's easier for me to notice more or less stress and what seems to feed both consistently.
I can totally agree with the figuring out of which hormones are responsible for what signs especially the crossover between temperature when stress hormones can elevate temperature to optimal thyroid temperature.
I am also unsure on what constitutes the definition of frequent urination. I know that the levels of orange juice and milk getting up to that gallon of milk and gallon of orange juice levels plus coffee with iron rich foods would elevate my urination levels to racehorse status.
But every two to three hours seems to be my standard at this point day or night, with racehorse style flows.

Beastmode

I can totally agree with the figuring out of which hormones are responsible for what signs especially the crossover between temperature when stress hormones can elevate temperature to optimal thyroid temperature.
I am also unsure on what constitutes the definition of frequent urination. I know that the levels of orange juice and milk getting up to that gallon of milk and gallon of orange juice levels plus coffee with iron rich foods would elevate my urination levels to racehorse status.
But every two to three hours seems to be my standard at this point day or night, with racehorse style flows.
Climate, activity and consumption of fluids/foods (supportive and irritating) are factors I consider for myself with bathroom breaks.

I live in a subtropic climate, moderate activity and drink most of my fluids in the first half of the day (sometime before noon.) When I don't consume irritating foods/fluids (i.e- kombucha often does it,) I don't have to go every hour.

Gûs80

I have to pee more than I like when taking acetazolamide I notice. Feels good on it, but the bathroom trips bring awareness to some underlying "stress" states that I'm not aware of.

It's been over a year so it would be interesting to experiment again as I'm progressively improving my metabolic health, etc.
Increases urine precisely because it is diuretic. In some time, after you eliminate your retention, this symptom tends to disappear, as long as you drink lots of electrolytes (Milk, OJ) and not just water. When I wake up and lose sleep, a glass of milk with a little sugar does the trick.

Risingfire

Diamox was one of the first diuretics. So you just lost water.

Every time I take it again I lose 2 to 3 kg in 2 days.

In the long term it could result in real fat loss, as as Haidut posted, CO2 will decrease cortisol and improve glucose metabolism, which in theory would result in increased caloric expenditure.

My sleep improves with Diamox (I have sleep apnea), but I also feel more tired with it.
After taking it for 4 months, it slowly reduces weight. My blood sugar is very even on it. Really has helped recomp my physique.

Gûs80

After taking it for 4 months, it slowly reduces weight. My blood sugar is very even on it. Really has helped recomp my physique.
Interesting, I've never used it for long periods, thanks for sharing.
I believe that pairing with a low-fat, high-carb diet, supplementing with niacinamide and a little thiamine, can improve results.
Sleep apnea + high dose omega 3 for years + keto/low carb, destroyed my glucose metabolism.

Risingfire

Interesting, I've never used it for long periods, thanks for sharing.
I believe that pairing with a low-fat, high-carb diet, supplementing with niacinamide and a little thiamine, can improve results.
Sleep apnea + high dose omega 3 for years + keto/low carb, destroyed my glucose metabolism.
Yea def helps with sleep apnea(or snoring in my case). I'll be getting off it in a week. I'm going to megadose B1 to keep up higher CO2 effects

xeliex

Forum Supporter
So the other night I burned my hand with some hot water. I immediately proceeded to place my arm in a garbage bag and fill it with co2 gas. Pain went away in a matter of minutes and skin was not damaged in the slightest. About two hours later I noted that I was extremely tired. I did drink a chamomile/Pau D’Arco/sarsaparilla tea mixture so that may have contributed to it but instead of going to bed at 9:30pm, I was forced to hit the hay even earlier, around 8:30pm. My sleep was extremely restful.

My question is this. Is the co2 absorption systemic simply from bagging one arm or localized specifically where it was applied? Just curious to know if bagging one arm simplifies the experience as I can watch or listen to a podcast after dinner for 20 minutes instead of having to try to bag a large portion of my body for systemic effects.
Curious as to how do you fill the bag with CO2?

Thanks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals