Light

I am reiterating this to everyone, lest they waste their time and money on this subject.
It's good to keep expectations in check about its effects on fat,
but I have to say that the YouTube clips that show an immediate effect on dark circles under eye are quite impressive (and really freaky...).
Have you seen any changes in skin tension/smoothness/color?
The effects on stretch marks and wrinkles really do look impressive

rei

A google search for "co2 cartridge" brought up the little bottles my grandma used to make soda water... Is that what you mean?
Have you tried elevating CO2 levels with this method?
No, it was just an idea to get cheap an easy transdermal co2 to an area. There are numerous sizes of co2 cartridges, soda is usually from a significantly larger 425g cartridge

Ras

It's good to keep expectations in check about its effects on fat,
but I have to say that the YouTube clips that show an immediate effect on dark circles under eye are quite impressive (and really freaky...).
Have you seen any changes in skin tension/smoothness/color?
The effects on stretch marks and wrinkles really do look impressive
I focused most on subcutaneous fat, but made about three injections beneath each orbit into my own dark areas. The flesh went pink for an hour or so but then returned to its original form. I injected only once into stretch marks, so I can't comment on that.

Light

No, it was just an idea to get cheap an easy transdermal co2 to an area. There are numerous sizes of co2 cartridges, soda is usually from a significantly larger 425g cartridge
Okay.
@walker_in_aus earlier in the thread had an interesting experiment with making soda and acv.
If you add a plastic wrap over that, and if CO2 can indeed pass through the sking and dissolve in the blood and tissues, that might be something.

BTW @walker_in_aus, i'm definitely gonna try this little face lift, kinda sound fun :)

Light

The flesh went pink for an hour or so but then returned to its original form.
Oh, that's disappointing...
But it really is good to have someone like you who cab say what happened an hour later, b/c watching the immediate effect really got to me.
I guess it's back to bag breathing...

Ras

Oh, that's disappointing...
But it really is good to have someone like you who cab say what happened an hour later, b/c watching the immediate effect really got to me.
I guess it's back to bag breathing...
I used to sit at my computer for an hour or more with a nasal cannula or a rebreathing mask running to a sealed plastic bag filled with dry ice. I did that for a few weeks; never helped me in any clear way.

Light

I used to sit at my computer for an hour or more with a nasal cannula or a rebreathing mask running to a sealed plastic bag filled with dry ice. I did that for a few weeks; never helped me in any clear way.
I don't suppose there's a cheap and easy way of mimicking living in high altitude, but I can say that I do have some good results with breahing into a plastic bag for about a minute -
I'm an incomplete paraplegic, meaning I can't walk but I do have some functions preserved, some muscles I can move and partial sensation.
A couple of years ago I had some loss of sensation in my leg, making things worse than they had been for about a decade before that, and bag breathing relieves it to some degree. Nothing permanent or long run but while I do the bag breathing my leg feels little lighter, like some of the sensation comes back.
In the first days of peating - around three weeks ago, my temp went way up (to 37.4 C = 99.3 F) and the improvement to my leg was kinda like with the bag breathing but more lasting - for hours at a time.
Unfortunately, as all that dairy gave me constipation, all the good stuff kinda went away, but it seems to me there's something in this approach.
Maybe the few weeks you did it for weren't enough, it looks like some changes take a long while.

Whichway?

It’s probably one of those things, like many aspects of metabolism, where if you are deficient, restoring the level to normal will help with function, but going beyond that will not make any further improvements.

So for you, you probably weren’t unconsciously hyperventilating to begin with, so raising CO2 further has no further effect.

Inaut

So the other night I burned my hand with some hot water. I immediately proceeded to place my arm in a garbage bag and fill it with co2 gas. Pain went away in a matter of minutes and skin was not damaged in the slightest. About two hours later I noted that I was extremely tired. I did drink a chamomile/Pau D’Arco/sarsaparilla tea mixture so that may have contributed to it but instead of going to bed at 9:30pm, I was forced to hit the hay even earlier, around 8:30pm. My sleep was extremely restful.

My question is this. Is the co2 absorption systemic simply from bagging one arm or localized specifically where it was applied? Just curious to know if bagging one arm simplifies the experience as I can watch or listen to a podcast after dinner for 20 minutes instead of having to try to bag a large portion of my body for systemic effects.

Last edited:

cedric

Hi everybody,
the simplest way of carboxytherapy is to go to bed and cover body with blanket. Of course you can deposit CO2 from lungs, but after a while body produces CO2.

Inaut

Is it hard to sleep with your head covered? I like the simplicity of your suggestion though

cedric

@Inaut
English isn't my native language. May be I expressed this a little clumsy.
You start breathing CO2 under the blanket as much as you can, like breathing into plastic bag. I didn't mean of course sleeping with my head covered and I wouldn't advice anybody so. Some people overlook simple solution like going to bed to recover.
Staying in bed during sickness is a form of carboxytherapy-this way there is a lot of CO2 delivered to your skin.

tara

My question is this. Is the co2 absorption systemic simply from bagging one arm or localized specifically where it was applied?
I think it's systemic, but roughly proportional to the surface area exposed. I say that because there have been studies showing dry CO2 baths to be helpful for some metabolic issues, eg cardiovascular. I guess you could tell it was getting in, not just by effect on injury, but also by redness and heat in the hand/arm in the bag?
I think high concentration is relevant, and that having the skin damp helps.

Beastmode

Is it hard to sleep with your head covered? I like the simplicity of your suggestion though

I used to sleep like this all the time as a kid/teenager and I could never figure out why. 20+ years later I wonder if I was so hypo as a kid (my first 38 years of my life) that it was just intuitive on my part to sleep that way b/c I couldn't fall asleep any other way.

RealNeat

As a relatively lean someone that spent several weeks injecting pure carbon dioxide gas over hours into the subcutaneous spaces of his abdomen, face, and scalp, I contend that you did not emphasize the most important part of your quote.
To me what you are saying just reiterates the importance of constant adequate endogenous CO2 production. Exterior sources can only do so much for so long. Ray talks about high elevation vacations having a benefit for months if not years, but once again that's temporary. The real solution is always proper endogenous CO2.

Grischbal

"Results
Group IA patients showed significant clinical improvement in SALT score and dermoscopic improvement after carboxytherapy and at the end of follow‐up period with significant reduction in dystrophic hair, black dots, yellow dots, and tapered hair coinciding with significant emergence of regrowing hair. Group IIA patients showed significant clinical and dermoscopic improvement after carboxytherapy with significant increase in hair density measured by digital dermoscopy. However, regression of these results was observed during the follow‐up period but was still significantly better than before treatment. There were statistically significant improvements in clinical score, global assessments, dermoscopic, and digital dermoscopic findings in both group IA and group IIA received carboxytherapy in comparison with group IB and group IIB received placebo injections, respectively.

Conclusion​

Carboxytherapy seems to be a promising therapeutic option for patchy AA and could be helpful as an adjuvant therapy of AGA but more than 6 sessions are required and adjuvants are recommended for maintenance of the results."

1614183113455.png

1614183153221.png

(low quality pictures and letting their hair grow out though)
"Conclusion
In the authors’ experience, carboxytherapy is a very safe, well tolerated, quick and straightforward in-clinic procedure that can be considered as a standalone treatment or as adjunctive with other therapies to enhance growth results. The mechanism of carboxytherapy and its role in the treatment of alopecia is not yet completely understood; however, results to date have proved promising and invite further study with randomised controlled clinical trials."

Nilforooshzadeh MA, Lotfi E, Heidari-Kharaji M, Zolghadr S, Mansouri P. Effective combination therapy with high concentration of Minoxidil and Carboxygas in resistant Androgenetic alopecia: Report of nine cases. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2020;00:1–5. https://doi. org/10.1111/jocd.13362

Minoxidil and Carboxygas
1614183390655.png

1614183455363.png

Inaut

3 treatments lead to that kind of regrowth??? Seems like the ticket.