Carb Sources For 15 Month Old Boy

Elvie

Hello, everyone, I always get great advice here, need one again. Could you suggest Peat friendly carbs for 15 m.o. toddler boy? My son started taking away dry serial from other kids on the playground, which my family thinks a true sign that his body needs it? I need to come up with healthy alternative carbs and finger food ASAP. Tons of thanks in advance.

Peatful

Tubers. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets.
Glazed carrots (with honey or maple syrup).
Rice pudding.
Rice. Applesauce.
Even overripe bananas.
Lots of sweet fruit. (Cutie oranges). OJ.
Sour dough bread. With butter.

Last edited:

omnivoracious

Lots of options! I agree on cutie oranges, bananas, rice and sweet potatoes. I’m not a big fan of this but my 18 month old toddler absolutely loves raisins. Grapes are peat friendly but I’d suggest cutting them up to prevent choking.

OP
E

Elvie

Tubers. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets.
Glazed carrots (with honey or maple syrup).
Rice pudding.
Rice. Applesauce.
Even overripe bananas.
Lots of sweet fruit. (Cutie oranges). OJ.
Sour dough bread. With butter.
Thank you, any particular way to make finger food?

OP
E

Elvie

Lots of options! I agree on cutie oranges, bananas, rice and sweet potatoes. I’m not a big fan of this but my 18 month old toddler absolutely loves raisins. Grapes are peat friendly but I’d suggest cutting them up to prevent choking.
Thank you. How do you make your rice?

omnivoracious

Thank you. How do you make your rice?
I add coconut oil and salt and boil the rice in water. Then I let it simmer for 15 mins before turning off the heat and let it sit for 10 mins. Results in a good chewy texture. I use organic jasmine rice.

OP
E

Elvie

I add coconut oil and salt and boil the rice in water. Then I let it simmer for 15 mins before turning off the heat and let it sit for 10 mins. Results in a good chewy texture. I use organic jasmine rice.
Thanks a lot. Tried it over the weekend, my husband ate everything, wasn’t a big hit with my son though. Well, we’ll go with the flow...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals