Carb And Fat Separation Didn’t Work - I’m Counting Calories Now

@ilikecats i find this kind of dietary feedback very fascinating. Just curious ...

About how much fat do you eat per day and what is your height and weight? Were you fairly overweight and now are fairly lean or am I misunderstanding?

OP
ecstatichamster
@Jing Skim milk, oj, hydrogenated coconut oil, white sugar, coke, oysters, liver, occasional beef, occasional parmigiano reggiano, daily carrot. @Andman yes, so the equivalent of six grains NDT. Recently I've switched out the last 25 mcg of T3 for a piece of cynoplus (1:4 t3:t4).

Eye popping amounts of thyroid...

ilikecats

@corvetteseeker I eat about about 14-28 grams of fat a day via Hydrogenated coconut oil. I keep it this low for weight loss reasons and because I dont honestly crave more fat than that. Im 6' 4'' and weigh 265 pounds so I am certainly not "lean". I was up at 295 lbs though at one point. Like I said I'm very obsessive so I went from being lean, running 3-6 miles a day, and doing intermittent fasting (but feeling like crap) to discovering peat, Matt stone, billy Craig and just piling on the carbs (often eating over a kilogram of white sugar a day plus a gallon and a half of OJ plus six mexi cokes) with lots of saturated fat while not using any thyroid for (I think a couple of years). Refined a lot of things (it certainly wasn't just the thyroid that did it and I stopped gaining before I started thyroid but thyroid obviously has been essential for my weight loss). The crazy refeeding stuff isn't really super peat (he never really talks about that or recommends it) but I felt it was necessary on some level but I should have been on thyroid during that period. As its been mentioned before its easier to prevent weight gain than to lose weight. Interesting enough though my liver enzymes were fine when I was at my heaviest probably due to the fact that all my fat gained was saturated and I certainly gained some muscle. I am certainly not at my ideal weight (I’d like to have a sixish pack but rays recent comments about body fat make me think that might not be ideal, we shall see. I care about aesthetics but Other things are more important) but I'm still losing weight. Its really been a long journey I did almost everything one can do to absolutely destroy your endocrine system and overall health in the past (IF and endurance running being the most benign) and my mother was on estrogen and SSRIs and hypothyroid before having me and I had arthritis as a child. Im 27 now.

@ecstatichamster its a lot but Peat said he knew a woman who needed 15 grains thyroid. John C Lowe worked extensively with hypo patients with T3 only and he said most needed 100-150mcg and some needed as high as 500mcg (20 grains)

Last edited:

Andman

good to hear youre doing well, love your style of balls to the walls experimenting

btw, do you split your doses as peat prefers or all at once like lowe did?

tankasnowgod

@ecstatichamster its a lot but Peat said he knew a woman who needed 15 grains thyroid. John C Lowe worked extensively with hypo patients with T3 only and he said most needed 100-150mcg and some needed as high as 500mcg (20 grains)

No doubt it's a high dose, but I think Broda Barnes did use 5 and 6 grains with some of his bigger patients, so certainly not unheard of.

yerrag

@ecstatichamster has a way of starting threads that bring up the best and the worst of this forum at the same time. Fascinating stuff. When people argue dogmatically, they stop making sense to me. When people post reasonably and thoughtfully like @yerrag and many others here, then we can build off useful experiences together and collectively figure out strategies (i.e., mobilize fat stores) that make sense in each of our given contexts which is obviously different because each of us were given slightly different codes as a base to begin our journey in life with. None of us can say with absolute certainty how any substance or combination of substances may react in a given individual. Some substances may be highly beneficial for one person and highly allergic to another. None of us can know (including highly trained medical professionals and Phd biologists) what those substance and substance/combinatiomight be unless we try them for ourselves and see.

Anybody ever watch the season ending series of the show Survivor? The contestants are almost to a person 6-pack ripped at the end of each season. Why is that? Hormonal supplements? Supplements? Massive doses of sugar? Filet mignon at every meal? Massive calories eaten at each meal? What we are talking about is how our bodies process energy. If we are processing it efficiently like @yerrag suggests, things stabilize and a relatively small amount of energy intake will burn stably for hours without intensive feelings of starving or extreme hunger. Why in the hell would I want to eat according to some formula? Why not use my body's normal feedback signals to tell me when and how much energy I ACTUALLY need? Why not drink water when I am thirsty rather than some silly marketing gimmick that says I need X glasses of water per day? Why do people chase protein according to a formula? Why are we overthinking a perfect bio-feedback system that has been perfected over millions of years? I'll concede that many of us have gotten our bodies into a non-regulatory condition and thus things seem confusing and contradictory to how they might otherwise be if we were actually regulating energy (e.g., regulating metabolism) properly.

I never measured my blood sugar like @yerrag has done, but my symptoms are similar to his. When your body is regulating energy properly, it will tell you precisely how much to eat - where small amounts of food (energy intake) will burn comfortably for long periods of time. If you presently have large deposits of fat on your body, use the stored fat for energy rather than stuffing your pie-hole for it. That strategy of using your stored body fat for energy will work if reasonable mindfulness toward a goal is applied over time.
I'm glad you appreciated my explanation and that you could identify with my experience. Hopefully there is to you some gem unearthed as well. Conquering my blood sugar problems was my first success in improving my health. I really thought I was in the clear for good after that, but you know what they say - life throws you a curve ball - and you have to play on. Next was fixing my oxygen supply - from mercury toxicity. And when that was over, it was hypertension, to which now I'm trying to fix by dissolving away the plaque that's built up on my vascular system. I do look older than my age - as well it should. I'm still very thankful, as I would have been worse off had I relied on a conventional medical doctor. Imagine where I'd be when these problems mentioned led me to conventional doctors and their expertise, or lack thereof. I would not be cured of anything, and I would just be another victim of a frustrating goose chase. Despite the very high blood pressure, or should I say- because of the high blood pressure - I'm still very healthy. No maintenance drugs, good sleep, just ever so slightly overweight, no more allergies, no colds nor fever, temperature being normal.I don't have a high heart rate - wake up at 56 and I'd be happy to reach 75 during the day. Not perfect, but my body is doing a good job adapting to my sub-optimal state. I honestly feel I'm on the top 1% in terms of health. And because I know there are still some issues, major ones at that, I shouldn't delude myself.

That said, I totally agree with you that we should learn from each other here, and the best learning come from having the best teacher from our individual experiences shared and combined into a better understanding of truth. These experiences should add up eventually to that, but they often don't. I personally like the anecdotes that are often derided by the establishment. The experiences, like the ones we shared, are such anecdotes. But they aren't tall tales deserving of contempt. They're actually based on applying very sound ideas, ideas which were used on our own recovery to health, and to cures. The idea of being healed is not something that modern medicine would lead us to believe is something only Jesus does. It is very real in the thoughtful way we share of how we were cured. It is not just about taking this and that substance, but also about why we did it that way, as it relates to how the body works and responds. Without knowing the hows and whys, we will never be able to suitably apply to our context what's been shared.

In this thread, ecstatichamster wants to get useful ideas. We wants to know how he could change his eating lifestyle so he can lose some weight. How many posts are there now, and how many truly addresses that question. How many are earnest attempts to provide good leads? Is ecstatichamster unique in this situation? Not at all. Will this thread in the future be of benefit, or will it be a waste of time, similar to past trips I've had to Curezone's website?

I, like you, truly support quality journalism. We're like journalists here. From our own individual experience with our healing, assuming we are healing and have something to share, we can share good journals to benefit all the members of our forum, as well as the visitors. I don't mean to make it hard for members here. I wish though, that it can strengthen its base of useful contributors. You don't have to be a pHD or a scientist, you just have to share your own healing experience in a way that allows people to use and adapt it to their own context.

RWilly

Sad to see you give up and count calories man.

Meanwhile, I believe I've recently discovered how to lose weight on high calories AND improve metabolism.

High carbs, very low fat, very low protein -> Directly supplement aminos. So basically almost vegan, but supplement aminos (Eating protein has many proven problems, many of which are discussed by people on these forums and Ray too, to a degree)

That seems to work best for me too.

RWilly

@yerrag

Despite the very high blood pressure, or should I say- because of the high blood pressure - I'm still very healthy. No maintenance drugs, good sleep, just ever so slightly overweight, no more allergies, no colds nor fever, temperature being normal.I don't have a high heart rate - wake up at 56 and I'd be happy to reach 75 during the day. Not perfect, but my body is doing a good job adapting to my sub-optimal state. I honestly feel I'm on the top 1% in terms of health. And because I know there are still some issues, major ones at that, I shouldn't delude myself.

Do you want to try an experiment? Do you have a blood pressure machine at home? Try a measurement before earthing, and after earthing for 15 minutes. I'm always surprised at the impact it has on my blood pressure.

RWilly

Sad to see you give up and count calories man.

Meanwhile, I believe I've recently discovered how to lose weight on high calories AND improve metabolism.

High carbs, very low fat, very low protein -> Directly supplement aminos. So basically almost vegan, but supplement aminos (Eating protein has many proven problems, many of which are discussed by people on these forums and Ray too, to a degree)

I just read a study yesterday that really has me thinking. I think much of the issue of weight gain, which I believe is endotoxemia due to high iron (fortification, red meat, etc.) , which in turn puts copper (an antibiotic ) - out of balance. This study has to do with agriculture, but it opened my eyes to the antagonism between copper and methionine, due to homocysteine.

Influence of choline and sulfate on copper and toxicity and substitution of and antagonism between methionine and copper supplements to chick diets. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

RWilly

I am a Buteyko coach. My CO2 is high. Paradoxically this is also what I think lowered my metabolism.

Interesting. I've been thinking about the Wim Hof method of breathing, but that may oxygenate rather than increase C02. Yet, he has been able to fight off endotoxemia in experiments (which is what I think weight gain really is). I'm a shallow breather, always breath with my mouth closed, and I live at high altitude. Morning temps for me are really bad. Yesterday was 95.1 .

I will say though, that even with such a low body temperature at waking, and aside from needing to lose weight, I do feel great. I rarely get sick, I have good stamina, I have a positive outlook, etc., and I also have decent blood pressure.

I've done every most every diet, calorie restriction, intermittent fasting, high intensity exercise, weight lifting, etc., and none of that makes a difference in weight loss for me. I do think that breathing may be a key ... but I think the Wim Hof method would be unpeaty ... yet, he fights endotoxemia and can climb Mt. Everest in 2 days (rather than the usual 3) and can do it with his shirt off.

Last edited:

RWilly

Trying to ascertain wether its the fats or the carbs will make you spin around in circles, like this forum has been doing for a while with this low fat stuff. Look at keto people, they lose massive amounts of weight. Look at low carb people, they are putting autoimmune diseases in remission. Same thing goes for fruitarians. What about vegetarians tho? The ones that subsist on grains... they look like ***t. They do terribly health wise. What does milk do to young mammals? Its causes fat gain. It is natures weight gainer. Its not a suprise people are gaining weight on milk. Overall its the foods. Its not the fat or the carbs. The nuances make the difference.

Look at the Seventh Day Adventists ... Loma Linda California is a Blue Zone, with one of the longest living and healthiest people. They are vegetarian.

tankasnowgod

Look at the Seventh Day Adventists ... Loma Linda California is a Blue Zone, with one of the longest living and healthiest people. They are vegetarian.

Look at Mormons. They have similar practices to Seventh Day Adventists, but do eat red meat, and live longer than the Adventists.

yerrag

@yerrag

Do you want to try an experiment? Do you have a blood pressure machine at home? Try a measurement before earthing, and after earthing for 15 minutes. I'm always surprised at the impact it has on my blood pressure.
How do I set up earthing in the easiest way possible? If I sleep on a wooden floor, would that be as good as earthing? I'm also curious about whether earthing is needed in some countries, as I get the impression what the US utilities do, having a ground wire (making it 3 instead of 2), has a lot to do with the earthing problems in the US. This was the impression I got after listening to an interview with Patrick Timpone. Forgot the name of the guy, but I think he's from Wisconsin and sells devices that remove dirty electricity.

RWilly

How do I set up earthing in the easiest way possible? If I sleep on a wooden floor, would that be as good as earthing? I'm also curious about whether earthing is needed in some countries, as I get the impression what the US utilities do, having a ground wire (making it 3 instead of 2), has a lot to do with the earthing problems in the US. This was the impression I got after listening to an interview with Patrick Timpone. Forgot the name of the guy, but I think he's from Wisconsin and sells devices that remove dirty electricity.

A wood floor is not conductive. Cement is, asphalt isn't. Water, dirt and grass are all conductive, although wet dirt is better than dry dirt. I just put my feet on the grass for 15 minutes.

There are sheets, mattresses, pillow cases, and stuff like that that hook into the ground part of the socket.

Here's an article summarizing a lot of the research on it:
The Science of Earthing and its Impact on Pain and Inflammation

accelerator

Thank you for your experience. I stopped dairy for months at a time and experienced zero weight or body fat changes. I used to think that dairy was just terrible, “foreign proteins” from paleo days. But I no longer think that.

I have long established foods that I’m intolerant of. Legumes. Zero those. I don’t really do well with wheat. Mostly zero now. Same with corn.

I’ve done high fat many times. I’m not about to try high fat with high carbs. I did that and went from 185 to 220. Not for me.

So I’d have to reduce carbs. That would put me into ketosis to some degree. Not that keen on it. I did that for a few years. Very thyroid suppressive for me and it also caused me to eat too much because I was craving carbs so much.

I really think this formula is simple for me. Just stick to a caloric intake slightly below my daily needs. Rinse and repeat. I can eat most things, just not too much. Maybe most people would be okay with that, if they weren’t bingeing and trying so many other things that have left their metabolism a shambles.

I do think milk slows motility which is a very bad thing. I am not drinking tons of milk now, just a few glasses a day. Plenty of fruit. If I have to cut milk I will. I find the cheeses I eat (raw milk, rennet based, no enzymes, cow/sheep/goat) are not problematic. Milk seems to be a little because of its effect on gut motility. This is a serious issue and I’m watching. May have to cut out the milk. I am not living on milk this time, just drinking 2 glasses or so a day so maybe this will be okay.

And edited to add: cottage cheese may be problematic too...

How did it go?