Can't Work, Won't Work Been Years

troubledtimes

Been trying to curb the anxiety and depression. Not much luck with SSRIs. I've tried Vyvanse and methlyfenidate I think it is? I didn't feel any different and I definitely have ADD. My attitude is just bitter and I turned the corner from the working world and gave up. To irritable and anxious I can't stand being at a job because I feel trapped and the all day panic kicks in and I just say eff it! I've walked off of alot of jobs. I'm just not comfortable and social and I don't even want to be there. I do want a job and to get along I mean but my brain is just not there anymore. Totally stuck in a rut

Maljam

Not having a job can further fuel anxiety and depression. I remember feeling like this before I got a job and having the thought I was too anxious to ever work but then when I got a job I liked it actually increased my confidence. Although it may seem like it, I don't think being at home without a job will help in the long term, its just a band aid.

Why not look for jobs where you don't have to be social? Im not sure many people actually love their job, but I'm sure there is a job out there you can find some benefit from.

Or even start working from home, maybe something freelance, or buying and selling something. I think the main thing is to have a purpose that helps pay for food and living accommodation.

Working on your health to improve anxiety should get you to a stage where you take the plunge into work, although at this stage I don't think you will be 100% anxiety free before you get a job so don't be deceived by that. Balanced macros, don't be scared of eating fat, no gluten, nutritious foods like eggs, daily exercise, good sleep, daily bowel movements, as much sunlight as you can get are all important factors.

OP
T

troubledtimes

Not having a job can further fuel anxiety and depression. I remember feeling like this before I got a job and having the thought I was too anxious to ever work but then when I got a job I liked it actually increased my confidence. Although it may seem like it, I don't think being at home without a job will help in the long term, its just a band aid.

Why not look for jobs where you don't have to be social? Im not sure many people actually love their job, but I'm sure there is a job out there you can find some benefit from.

Or even start working from home, maybe something freelance, or buying and selling something. I think the main thing is to have a purpose that helps pay for food and living accommodation.

Working on your health to improve anxiety should get you to a stage where you take the plunge into work, although at this stage I don't think you will be 100% anxiety free before you get a job so don't be deceived by that. Balanced macros, don't be scared of eating fat, no gluten, nutritious foods like eggs, daily exercise, good sleep, daily bowel movements, as much sunlight as you can get are all important factors.

That's a good plan is continuing a good diet and I've had improvements with high Eph fish oil in the past. That with more vitamin d and and general health should help. I feel like I can't take the first step in my current state. I'm really irritable and bitter. I actually got hired and passed the drug test for a job months ago and I was argumentative with the job interview I guess they were desperate for help. And during that time my sleep was all screwed up my circadian rhythm gets delayed slowly so as u can guess by the time I was tired which was 8am I fell asleep when I need to be at work at 9am go figure. So I gave up on that. Even if I went to the job I've done it before I just said eff it and the anxiety and stress of feeling trapped and in a negative mindset pushes me over the edge and I'll quit right there. I'm more passive aggressive I would say so I think some biology needs to be calmed down first for me to get back into work. Atleast not be stressed, depressed and anxious. I agree tho a job should be the ultimate goal tho. But I'm trying to find something that's going to take the edge off so I can take my first step. It's beyond frusterating because SSRIs are not helping and I'm trying 1 mg of Klonopin which that's not calming me down. It's not a good sign that if a benzo isn't calming u down thannnn I'm sort of stomped.... I remember trying Ativan for the first few times and felt something but yea benzos seems like I've just got tolerant to them and I'm not looking to up the dose beyond 1mg and get hooked on them. I have tried calming suppliments like L theanine, GABA, taurine and magnesium and nothing ! Maybe I'll try a higher dose of all 4 and mix them together and combine them? My brain is just not getting any help. CBD oil zero luck, tried smoking weed and it freeks me out and it's like a bad acid trip. I'm just wired difficultly. So something out there has to help out I'm just wondering what it is

marcar72

You could be suffering from a chronic magnesium deficiency. Check out Morley Robbins on Youtube a.k.a. "Magnesium Man"!! :):

Maljam

What's your diet like?

Have you had any blood tests including CRP and WBC?

somuch4food

Try dialing back on everything. Supplements and drugs mostly mess your chemistry.

A low A diet is worth a shot when you're desperate. Many are seeing improvements on it whether it's approved around here or not. I'm feeling calmer on it, while doing more of a Peat diet, I was having ups and downs, both mentally and physically. The diet is basically whitish whole foods, meat, low dairy and added soluble fibers. Most do grains and beans, but you can go without it.

PM me if you want more info. I do not want to start another debate on this subject.

ursidae

Try dialing back on everything. Supplements and drugs mostly mess your chemistry.

A low A diet is worth a shot when you're desperate. Many are seeing improvements on it whether it's approved around here or not. I'm feeling calmer on it, while doing more of a Peat diet, I was having ups and downs, both mentally and physically. The diet is basically whitish whole foods, meat, low dairy and added soluble fibers. Most do grains and beans, but you can go without it.

PM me if you want more info. I do not want to start another debate on this subject.
Do you generally eat less fruit on this diet? I think that plays a part in emotional stability

somuch4food

Do you generally eat less fruit on this diet? I think that plays a part in emotional stability

Yes, I think dropping them plays a big part in this, but not by much. I might have dropped from 3 fruits a day to 2. I was already trying to replace fruits with colorful veggies since I was trying a lower starch approach and fruits don't work well for me. I was also incorporating more liver into my diet. And I had started the carrot salad more regularly.

As a result, I wasn't waking up refreshed, my personal caring was pretty non existent, I felt lazy like I had in the past. I also had started posting many stuff on the forum about improving micronutrients and hormones in a manic fashion. Sciency stuff I was researching in trying to help myself. I was OCDing on health. It took a good month before I realized what was going on.

I've also almost dropped dairy, maybe one serving a day. I'm still not too sure how much I can take. I know for sure carotenoids can drive me crazy especially if I don't get enough sun exposure. As for retinol, I'm not too sure. I know you don't become deficient overnight though. I'm also not aiming zero A, just much lower than I was doing.