Cant Stop Thinking About Nutrition

ilikecats

I cant stop thinking about nutrition and the endocrine system. I feel like its ruining my life. Does anyone ever feel that way? Ive been like this for a year. i have improved my health greatly but now i dont know.... i used to never care about anything i ate

You've found your passion. Now figure out how to make money with it, unless you're already financially sound.

lindsay

I cant stop thinking about nutrition and the endocrine system. I feel like its ruining my life. Does anyone ever feel that way? Ive been like this for a year. i have improved my health greatly but now i dont know.... i used to never care about anything i ate

I felt this way a couple of years ago. It got to the point where I would sit inside on my computer researching/being on forums in my free time, rather than doing healthy things like being outside or investing in hobbies. I think it's important to remember that the body is more than just nutrition. Nutrition is super important, and if it is your passion and you want to follow it as a career, by all means.

But I would suggest trying some more holistic activities that will compliment your nutrition. I did a photo project for a year and it really helped me to feel better - beyond what nutrition could do for me. Plus, I met some wonderful new interesting friends.

Also, when it comes to eating, I try to let myself go when I am out with people and cannot control everything I eat. You can mitigate restaurant food somewhat with charcoal or Vitamin E. Or ask to have whatever you eat cooked in butter instead of oil.

Ukall

You're so damn right! I feel exactly like you: always thinking about health and nutrition. I am completely obsessed.
I think if you enter this world of health and nutrition, in my opinion, it is a little danger. It can easily consumes you. Now, whether you can resist it or not depends on you.
Also, it seems the more I think about this, the unhealthy I feel. Seriously. Which is precisely the opposite of my purpose when I entered this journey. I have this superstition that I am the guy that is always concerned about health and trying to feel healthy, but I feel like I will die sooner than others that don't really worry about their health at all.
Always searching for answers... Perhaps I will find my answer or, maybe, I'll just die without really knowing what was the ideal for me (if there is such a thing).

Makrosky

OP
I

ilikecats

Thanks a lot for the advice everyone I really appreciate it. My health is getting better and I find I can set aside my thoughts more often and focus on other things that are very important to me. I think you're right Amazoniac. Obsession is probably partly due to elevated stress hormones anyway.i think my obsession with nutrition is useful because if you try to get healthy without really doing a ton of research you can make disastrous mistakes. I know I did. Intermittent fasting... With 24 hour fasts (gotta get that 2000% spike in growth hormone levels lol) , mega dosing fish oil ect. All bad stuff. like Ray peat says a lot of people get themselves into a hypothyroid state by trying to be "healthy". I just gotta learn to control my thoughts better. It's an ongoing process

Ukall

Really, but really interesting what you've said there Amazoniac.
I know I did. Intermittent fasting... With 24 hour fasts (gotta get that 2000% spike in growth hormone levels lol) , mega dosing fish oil ect.
It's incredible how many people I find here come from a IF/Low-Carb diet...
Where did you heard about IF for the first time? Ori Hofmekler convinced me so much back then. Also Dr. Matt Mattson.
All those studies regarding Autophagy... I mean, I still do not completely believe that fasting is unhealthy and many people here also said that. Perhaps doing it without knowing how to do it is... So it will remain a ? for me. I don't want to get tunneled vision in only one perspective.

But I am exactly like you: I took drastic decisions in the past without really much knowledge. When I heard about IF, for example, in less of one week of (brief) readings about it, I immediately start doing it. Then I start the Wai Diet.
For example, restarting eating sugar (white sugar more specifically) made me eats abnormal amounts of it and it apperead some fungus on my skin immediately after.
Right now, I am eating 'normally', just more attentive regarding PUFA foods. I still do not avoid them completely though (only oils like sunflower oils, etc), essentially because I still did not manage to read all what Ray Peat has said about it. So, sometimes I still eat salmon, nuts and even avocado (all of these are completely non-acceptable on Peat's world). But this is manly because this was the state I was before entering this journey of nutrition (where I was completely ignorant I would say). However, at that time, at least I was doing my life quite normal (despite the constant constipation and lack of concentration and libido which were my main reasons to start investigation about nutrition)., ie, I was going out, not missing classes, not missing exams... I kinda ruined my semester trying to get 'healthy'. I could say that became more unhealthy ironically.
So I think I will have to start with 0 or even -1. Thinking that something works with others and following it blindly can cause serious some damages. But some foods I ate when I was a child like Bone Broth, Liver, Fish stock... all those things I've stopped eating not really knowing why, I am trying to reintroduce them knowing that they are healthy to us.
I'm glad you're doing better @ilikecats , I wish I was too. I think I am still recovering. I am not depressed, but I am not happy and energetic either. I feel somewhat apathetic.
What were your manly changes after stopping IF and started this new journey? And, btw, I like cats either! ^_^

Last edited:

Maretch

I always think that I'm doing something wrong when i eat, and this is something that occurs for more than 3 years now! Such a bad feeling!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals