Can't reverse what tricyclics did

Tidal

I am sick of the relentless anhedonia, depersonalisation and anhedonia caused by taking antidepressants and tricyclics. I feel/see my heart 24/7, can't feel my stomach...

I have tried countless supplements and the only time it let up was when I stopped taking amitriptyline and I experienced a window for 3/4 days. I would kill to know why this was.

I just don't understand why the receptors will not return to normal as I've been off all meds for 4 years. It's my understanding that protein kinases such as PKC control phosphorylation and receptor sensitisation. Therefore I am wondering if a phosphorylation imbalance is the reason for desensitized receptors.

I'll be frank I have no interest in any of this stuff and it bores me to tears but I just want to fix this awful depersonalisation and dysautonomia so badly because I can't function.

I have high serotonin in my NT test and the other NTs are low but I've took so many cofactors and nothing works.

One thing I will say is I believe my issues could be related to the extracellular matrix and matrix metalloproteinase 9. Because all the drugs I took affect this and I got lichen planus at the exact same time I got anhedonia

mostlylurking

I am sick of the relentless anhedonia, depersonalisation and anhedonia caused by taking antidepressants and tricyclics. I feel/see my heart 24/7, can't feel my stomach...

I have tried countless supplements and the only time it let up was when I stopped taking amitriptyline and I experienced a window for 3/4 days. I would kill to know why this was.

I just don't understand why the receptors will not return to normal as I've been off all meds for 4 years. It's my understanding that protein kinases such as PKC control phosphorylation and receptor sensitisation. Therefore I am wondering if a phosphorylation imbalance is the reason for desensitized receptors.

I'll be frank I have no interest in any of this stuff and it bores me to tears but I just want to fix this awful depersonalisation and dysautonomia so badly because I can't function.

I have high serotonin in my NT test and the other NTs are low but I've took so many cofactors and nothing works.

One thing I will say is I believe my issues could be related to the extracellular matrix and matrix metalloproteinase 9. Because all the drugs I took affect this and I got lichen planus at the exact same time I got anhedonia
there's this: Effects of Thiamine on Balance between Matrix Metalloproteinases-9 (MMP9) and Tissue Inhibitors of Metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1)

Dysautonomia = thiamine deficiency or thiamine functional blockage. Thiamine is required to reduce serotonin in the brain.

a video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-aQHxp97oA&list=PLZPlb2-Xf5TzYhS2h-bXD4q8TBWRjub-D&index=12

OP
T

Tidal

there's this: Effects of Thiamine on Balance between Matrix Metalloproteinases-9 (MMP9) and Tissue Inhibitors of Metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP-1)

Dysautonomia = thiamine deficiency or thiamine functional blockage. Thiamine is required to reduce serotonin in the brain.

a video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-aQHxp97oA&list=PLZPlb2-Xf5TzYhS2h-bXD4q8TBWRjub-D&index=12

I've took loads of thiamine and it never helped in any way. I had to stop in the end because it started to make my stomach hurt. But I tried a whole bottle of the ecological formulas thiamine and thiamax.

It never helped me

mostlylurking

I've took loads of thiamine and it never helped in any way. I had to stop in the end because it started to make my stomach hurt. But I tried a whole bottle of the ecological formulas thiamine and thiamax.

It never helped me
Sorry for your bad experience. Both of the thiamines you tried are TTFD. TTFD didn't work for me either. It gave me a headache that lasted 36 hours from one capsule. I later learned that if your glutathione is low then TTFD won't work. It somehow uses glutathione. My glutathione was very low because of my heavy metal toxic load. I stuck with thiamine hcl, which actually raises glutathione. My glutathione is now in the normal range; it's been below normal for at least 15-20 years.

I'm starting to read Parkinson's and the B1 Therapy by Daphne Bryan, Phd: Amazon product ASIN B09TZM82LGView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TZM82LG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I'm finding that it has a lot of valuable information about thiamine and the different types that are available. One that I was not aware of is sublingual tablets. Because it is absorbed under the tongue, the poor gut absorption issue is avoided. Thiamine hcl taken orally has poor transmission through the gut wall so a higher dose is needed. The writer includes detailed instructions on how to use the sublingual tablets. She has Parkinson's Disease and wound up choosing the sublingual tablets over the other options. Perhaps this would be an option to try?

mostlylurking

It never helped me
I found this article: Anhedonia Causes: What Leads to Emotional Flatlining?
There's a dopamine connection. If you search for "dopamine" and "thiamine" a lot of info shows up. There is a strong connection of dopamine issues and Parkinson's Disease. Here's one: Dopamine dysregulation syndrome in Parkinson's disease: a systematic review of published cases - PubMed

Thiamine function affects dopamine production. An open-label pilot study with high-dose thiamine in Parkinson's disease

Dr. Costantini used thiamine hcl to treat thousands of Parkinson's Disease patients; here's his website: HIGH-D0SE THIAMINE (HDT) THERAPY for Parkinson's Disease Here's a link to videos of his patients, before & after treatment: Videos Parkinson's Patients before and after treatment - Ultima Edizione.Eu It's loading very slowly right now. These are all very short, most are less than a minute; well worth the time to see these people's responses to the high dose thiamine. Dr. Costantini used thiamine hcl by injection (no gut absorption problems).

OP
T

Tidal

What dose of thiamine HCL should I take? I'll just take the capsules, it's worth a shot. But I won't lie, I don't think thiamine is the answer to my problems. It doesn't help me, nothing I take does.

I'm also aware that dopamine is massively important but unfortunately it's much more complex

JCastro

I could not get relief from my anhedonia until I cut all supplements out completely. All theoretical benefits are out the window when you have this compromised of brain and mitochondrial function. Eat lots of animal food, whole foods, carbs if you find ones that you do well with or help you, get sunlight and exercise, start a gentle mindful-breathing meditation habit (like just 5-10 minutes per day to start) to encourage your brain to reactivate hedonic pathways. Part of the anhedonia is a neurophysiological shock state, whether the trauma was an event or a chemical insult in your case.

Cut all dairy and grains and food that is fortified with synthetic vitamins or weird industrial ingredients.

mostlylurking

What dose of thiamine HCL should I take? I'll just take the capsules, it's worth a shot. But I won't lie, I don't think thiamine is the answer to my problems. It doesn't help me, nothing I take does.

I'm also aware that dopamine is massively important but unfortunately it's much more complex
Sorry for the delay in responding; I didn't get a heads up that you had posted because you did not reply using "respond" or include a "quote" from me.

Here's an article for your consideration:
"The effect of thiamin and its phosphate esters on dopamine (DA) release was examined in the rat striatum using an in vivo microdialysis. Intrastriatal administration of thiamin triphosphate (TTP) or thiamin diphosphate (TDP) induced DA release, but thiamin monophosphate (TMP) or thiamin did not show any change. In the absence of Ca2+ in the perfusate, TTP did not increase the DA release. omega-Conotoxin did not decrease the TTP-dependent DA release. These findings suggest that, in contrast to TMP and thiamin, TTP and TDP may play a specific role in DA release from nerve terminals."

So I don't think thiamine monophosphate as a supplement would be of benefit. It's possible that TTFD thiamine might be more helpful? I don't know a lot about it, sorry.

Here's another article:
"Thiamine triphosphate (TTP) (this is synthesized from thiamine in the brain) is known to be important in energy metabolism. Although its action is still unknown, the work with electric eels has revealed that the electric organ has a high concentration of TTP and may have a part to play in electrogenesis, the transduction of chemical to electrical energy (16,22). The energy for its synthesis from thiamine comes from the respiratory chain. This is also complex chemistry in the formation of energy synthesized within mitochondria, the “engines” of the cell (23), so that any form of disruption of mitochondria would be expected to reduce adequate synthesis of this thiamine ester. Although slowing of the citric acid cycle appears to be the main cause of the biochemical lesion in brain thiamine deficiency (24), the part played by TTP is not yet known. Alzheimer’s disease has been helped by the use of therapeutic doses of thiamin tetrahydrofurfuryl disulfide (TTFD) (25), a more efficient method of administering pharmacologic doses of thiamine (26)."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom