Cant Relax With Hypothyroidism

Barbarossa

Is here anybody who cant relax in a hypothyroid state ? I know for example the adrenaline Problem in hypo...

welcome to Ray Peat Forum.

I am not sure that I couldn't relax when I was hypo. But I didn't know what relaxing really meant.

How about you?

jzeno

I suggest above average doses of aspirin, grounding, and lots of OJ. Grounding and aspirin should be safe for any person and I prefer OJ because I digest it really well and it has tons of sugar and as Peat and Danny say, the sugar has an anti-stress effect. Here's an outside source that also agrees:

Sugar as a Stress Reliever

The first thing I do upon rising is drink a big glass (16 oz+) of cold OJ and I chill out the cortisol that it took to get me up. I enjoy it more and more as each day passes.

2 325 mg tablets of aspirin right before bed plus grounding during sleep has helped me achieve very restful sleep.

Tutorial on how to make one of many grounding devices:

I use this cable design and wear conductive socks and attach the cable to the socks rather than a mat. I sleep much better than I was before I began grounding.

Mauritio

Yes I had that too. It means you are running on cortisol , it makes you productive /functional when thyroid is not available but it burns you out in the long run. Try stuff that lowers cortisol (Progesterone , Lapodin,Pregnenolone,...) you will probably feel super tired since the cortisol driven energy is gone.
Thyroid will give you your "good / clean" energy back.

OP
Barbarossa

Barbarossa

Yes I had that too. It means you are running on cortisol , it makes you productive /functional when thyroid is not available but it burns you out in the long run. Try stuff that lowers cortisol (Progesterone , Lapodin,Pregnenolone,...) you will probably feel super tired since the cortisol driven energy is gone.
Thyroid will give you your "good / clean" energy back.
Iam male , i am trying pregnenolon but it doesnt work. Iam taking 75 ug thryoxine . Where can I get Progesteron or is pregnenolon enough? What is lapodin?

Mauritio

Thyroxin is T4 ,it might not be converted suffciently to T3 in your liver ,if your liver is sluggish. So you might think about a T3 supplement...
Try really low doses of Preg ! Worked for me like 2-4 mg .
Lapodin is a supplement google it. You could also take Cascara and Emodin ,which is the same .

OP
Barbarossa

Barbarossa

Thyroxin is T4 ,it might not be converted suffciently to T3 in your liver ,if your liver is sluggish. So you might think about a T3 supplement...
Try really low doses of Preg ! Worked for me like 2-4 mg .
Lapodin is a supplement google it. You could also take Cascara and Emodin ,which is the same .

I have a t3 supplement at home but T3 lowers my Temperature or has no effect on me. My pregnenolon is 50mg should I buy a lower supp?
Is Cascara Sagrada the Supplement for lowering Cortisol?

Mauritio

I have a t3 supplement at home but T3 lowers my Temperature or has no effect on me. My pregnenolon is 50mg should I buy a lower supp?
Is Cascara Sagrada the Supplement for lowering Cortisol?
Yeah or just open the pill and guess how much it is .
Yes it is and its very effective.

Mauritio

Did you have heart pounding in hypo state? And high pulse?
I might have had. If you are hypo these symptoms of high cortisol and adrenalin.

CrystalClear

In my own experience with hypothyroidism and grounding I found it to be pro metabolic. Which meant make sure you give your body fuel or you end up more stressed. My body used to "buzz" from lack of relaxation, but after months of better nutrition including more sugar and salt the feeling has subsided. Also, focusing on gut health is a major benefit. Just some thoughts. All the best.

OP
Barbarossa

Barbarossa

In my own experience with hypothyroidism and grounding I found it to be pro metabolic. Which meant make sure you give your body fuel or you end up more stressed. My body used to "buzz" from lack of relaxation, but after months of better nutrition including more sugar and salt the feeling has subsided. Also, focusing on gut health is a major benefit. Just some thoughts. All the best.
Thanks for the reply, what you mean by better nutrition?
I think nobody can get a good gut health without a good managed Thyroid state, isnt it so?

CrystalClear

"Better nutrition" = eating the Peat way to minimise stress in the body. Yes, you're right, looking after the gut is part of managing thyroid status. My thyroid problems were in the liver and taking thyroid medication didn't help me. Do you understand how you became hypothyroid? In my case it was from chronic emotional stress most of my life and decades of dieting (malnutrition).

OP
Barbarossa

Barbarossa

"Better nutrition" = eating the Peat way to minimise stress in the body. Yes, you're right, looking after the gut is part of managing thyroid status. My thyroid problems were in the liver and taking thyroid medication didn't help me. Do you understand how you became hypothyroid? In my case it was from chronic emotional stress most of my life and decades of dieting (malnutrition).
If you are female it could be the ratio of estrogen and progesterone?! Or selenium deficiency or very low iron(i know iron is a highweight metal)
I think first the body comes and then mind emotions and thinking , because hormones have a huge impact on our brains and behavior that no body can describe it , anybody must feel it to understand.
Just my opinion :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals