Can't read embedded tweets in the forum posts anymore

Z

Zsazsa

Yesterday while trying to post a "problematic" video from Twitter I kept getting this:

unv.png

So now I either get the above or the below issue from everybody's links to tweets...

prbl.png

Any idea what's going on?

TheCalciumCad

If you're using Brave browser click the shield > advanced and allow all trackers and ads.

OP
Z

Zsazsa

It wasn't an adblock issue, but thanks anyway, @WombOfFuturity and @TheCalciumCad !

In 2 different browsers the tweets weren't loading, but in a 3rd browser they loaded and then the 1st two browsers worked again...

It couldn't be a cache issue because I cleared my cache just the other day... I don't know what happened 🤷‍♀️🤔

Perry Staltic

It was a memory issue for me. Depending on what addons you have Brave can eat up memory so much that things stop working. Other browsers are worse. Stopping and restarting browser always works for me.

ETA: I always monitor the Processes tab in Task Manager and don't restart browser until all browser processes have ended and released their allocated memory, which sometimes can take a while if things are really hung up.

Last edited:

AlaskaJono

I can't see peeps Tweets lately unless I click on the tiny font in red ink underneath. I skip it usually as most people who post do not provide a short synopsis of why the POSTED Material is relevant. (Why is this relevant? Who is speaking or what study is being shown to be accurate or of dubious heritage? Etc..

Forums can become Reposts of lots of trashposts this way. Just my opinion.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Any idea what's going on?
There is a known issue with IOS and tweets rendering at this time. However, I am not seeing any other issues and am not able to reproduce it on my end.

OP
Z

Zsazsa

It was a memory issue for me. Depending on what addons you have Brave can eat up memory so much that things stop working. Other browsers are worse. Stopping and restarting browser always works for me.

ETA: I always monitor the Processes tab in Task Manager and don't restart browser until all browser processes have ended and released their allocated memory, which sometimes can take a while if things are really hung up.
Interesting hypothesis, but it started Friday and when I turned the computer on Saturday the memory should be free, but the problem persisted.
There is a known issue with IOS and tweets rendering at this time. However, I am not seeing any other issues and am not able to reproduce it on my end.
This could be the best explanation but I am not an Apple user... However, the 3rd browser I tried (the one that worked and seemed to fix the problem for the other browsers) was Edge... I feel Bill Gates has been watching me closely! o_O

Thanks everyone for chiming in!

AlaskaJono

Interesting hypothesis, but it started Friday and when I turned the computer on Saturday the memory should be free, but the problem persisted.

This could be the best explanation but I am not an Apple user... However, the 3rd browser I tried (the one that worked and seemed to fix the problem for the other browsers) was Edge... I feel Bill Gates has been watching me closely! o_O

Thanks everyone for chiming in!
I am a Mac user, and I can say that the amount of windows open in any browser coupled with known websites with 'heavy data extraction/transfer' like FB and Twitter etc. will eat up all your available RAM. A few years ago we shared an internet connection on a property with the house closest to the street with the Connection?Modem. A friend of the house was staying there a few days and we had no internet to speak of. I went up and checked and she had over 100 tabs open, 20-35% of them were FB!!! Sucking up all the internet pipe.... . (She was a nurse). She also had a new mac.

Advice: Limit the number of your open Windows/TABS. Your CPU may thank you (and not heat up and die too early). Cheers.

OP
Z

Zsazsa

I am a Mac user, and I can say that the amount of windows open in any browser coupled with known websites with 'heavy data extraction/transfer' like FB and Twitter etc. will eat up all your available RAM. A few years ago we shared an internet connection on a property with the house closest to the street with the Connection?Modem. A friend of the house was staying there a few days and we had no internet to speak of. I went up and checked and she had over 100 tabs open, 20-35% of them were FB!!! Sucking up all the internet pipe.... . (She was a nurse). She also had a new mac.

Advice: Limit the number of your open Windows/TABS. Your CPU may thank you (and not heat up and die too early). Cheers.
We did have some internet instabilidade during those days, so it might have been due to temporary low band width indeed

Grapelander

I'll argue again for 'screen shots' for anything from twitter. Redaction potential is high.
You can add originating link to the screen shot or post.

I did not have to look far:

redact-1.JPG

redact-2.JPG

AlaskaJono

We did have some internet instabilidade during those days, so it might have been due to temporary low band width indeed
Yeah, those G+%^am kids come home from school and the whole neighbourhood's internet goes down!! I know that one... (or the weekend if one live's in certain places where tourists come for holidays/weekends....).

OP
Z

Zsazsa

Yeah, those G+%^am kids come home from school and the whole neighbourhood's internet goes down!! I know that one... (or the weekend if one live's in certain places where tourists come for holidays/weekends....).
Strangely I did not run into the problem in my cell phone

OP
Z

Zsazsa

Another odd thing is that at the same time I started getting ads in the embedded youtube videos (I have youtube premium with no ads).

LA

Another odd thing is that at the same time I started getting ads in the embedded youtube videos (I have youtube premium with no ads).
I have an old pre-google youtube site. I cant respond to anyone or post questions. I keep playlists I enjoy or find inspiring. I often click 'skip ad' if yt shows an Ad. Basically, we are 'sort of' non-consumers. If we need something we do a search and if it happens to show a youtube video for something we might need then we would view it while always avoiding clicking on random pop-ups. My husband, who has tech certifications although not interested in tech as an occupation, uses Ad blockers on everything. Every device is different. I used to be able to view tweets on an old Yandex browser and Twitter has not allowed it to see anything this past week. All devices and computers are different these days. We avoid using mobile devices due to EMF.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals