Can't Handle Liquids? Try Warm Liquids

Seems that microwaving my milk and coffee really helps when it is a bit warm before I drink it. It seems to make liquids much easier to handle for me anyway.

Lactase doesn't work below 37°C... but let's keep telling ourselves we are intolerant...

OP
ecstatichamster
Lactase doesn't work below 37°C... but let's keep telling ourselves we are intolerant...

Sorry, I don't understand how this is relevant to what I wrote...

I am using lactose-free milk, and heating it with coffee in it, so it's a bit warm. I find that heating it seems to not lower my temperatures and lets me drink more liquids without lowering my temps. That's the insight that I possibly have, and it may not even be true.

Sorry, I don't understand how this is relevant to what I wrote...

I am using lactose-free milk, and heating it with coffee in it, so it's a bit warm. I find that heating it seems to not lower my temperatures and lets me drink more liquids without lowering my temps. That's the insight that I possibly have, and it may not even be true.

I can guarantee you I can drink a gallon a day, but if it's cold especially in the morning... bad day incoming.

raypeatclips

It works best at 37°C and up and at a pH of 6.

Right, interesting, thank you for the reply. I have also recently in the past month been enjoying hot milk. I bought a borosilicate jug I can just stick on the hob and usually put around 1 tsp salt and 1-2 tbsp sugar in and heat it up and drink it. I get very sweaty after 20 floz of this, I assume its raising my temps.

Yes I do that as well. I think it can be much harder to get cold milk up to temperature in your stomach rather than cooling it off in your stomach. The latter option also has the benefit of keeping your insides warm. I think slow digestion could also mean insufficient buffering of stomach acid and the milk reaches the small intestine at a pH below 6.

tara

+1 for warm liquids. I quite often just add a little boiling water to my juice to bring it up a few degrees. Never really got the cooled water in the fridge thing.

InChristAlone

+1 for warm liquids. Coldness really really slows digestion and even when my body temp is 98.6 I have a feeling this is why I can't handle milkshakes and ice cream unless I eat very slowly. When I did warm milk all day I had great digestion. Maybe this is why people report they feel better on cooked meals, all the cold liquids is hard to process.

Dopamine

I couldn't really handle milk until I started drinking it as hot chocolate or adding instant coffee. I heat up milk and add 2 big scoops hot chocolate powder per cup of milk. The mix adds salt, sugar, caffeine, and magnesium to the milk. You have to find a hot chocolate mix with minimal additives.

I also switched to lactose free 1% milk.

Who else can say that the staple of their "diet" is hot chocolate? In your face paleo :lol:

Last edited:
I also add cocoa powder. It's like coffee but quicker and shorter.

Dopamine

That's a very good point. Trypsin (protein enzyme) also works best at ~37 degrees and I would expect most if not all of the other enzymes found in us do as well. I guess that is one of the benefits of a high internal body temperature. Dairy was never consumed cold before the advent of refrigeration anyway. Tribes that live on dairy such as maasai and mongolian herders either make milk tea, consume it right out of the warm animal, or have it room temp... either way it is always warm.

Warmth can also keep proper blood flow to the intestine. Lactase and I imagine most enzymes work better and better with more heat, until they get destroyed (135 Farenheit for lactase).

superhuman

Hmm interesting, but i love the milk with sugar, some salt and some vanlilla and shake up. Tastes like milkshake. Anyone tried drinking that warm? cant taste good right?

lindsay

When I first discovered RP, I started making warm milk smoothies - they were fantastic! I would throw sugar or honey, salt and sometimes mango & beet (yes, beets - they are really good blended in warm milk). I drank warm milk for months. I still always prefer most liquids warm. I read somewhere that the warmth of your liquid affects fat digestion. Not sure this is true, but it certainly makes sense. And of course, who likes ice cream headaches!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals