Can't get warm

tomisonbottom

Hi ya'll.

I often have a heck of a time trying to get my temp up and wondered what are your go-to methods to raise your temp?
I usually try salt, sugar, heat lamp, hot broth, or exercise (never aerobic, just resistance) to warm up. Often nothing works.
I take cynomel but sometimes it doesn't do anything or even causes temperature drops; and Is that even possible or is it a coincidence if my temps drops after taking t3?
Thanks so much for anyone's help!

Mittir

RP has said that if stress hormone is high T3 can lower temperature and pulse.
Earlier temperature was due to high stress hormones. T3 lowers stress hormones
and reveal the natural temp.Protein intake is very helpful in keeping energy up.
How much protein do you take every day? I have found calcium supplement to be
warming, it is an immediate effect.
Do you take anything to block PUFA release? Aspirin or Niacinamide.
Bag breathing also helps with warming up.

OP
tomisonbottom

tomisonbottom

Mittir said:
RP has said that if stress hormone is high T3 can lower temperature and pulse.
Earlier temperature was due to high stress hormones. T3 lowers stress hormones
and reveal the natural temp.Protein intake is very helpful in keeping energy up.
How much protein do you take every day? I have found calcium supplement to be
warming, it is an immediate effect.
Do you take anything to block PUFA release? Aspirin or Niacinamide.
Bag breathing also helps with warming up.

Thanks Mittir for the reply.
I do take aspirin sometimes but not regularly and not a lot, I don't know how to go about taking it. I usually only take it when I have inflammation, such as pain or soreness in my joints. How does one know when to take it for PUFA release?
And if high stress is causing my higher temps, is it better to take T3 and have a lower temp with less stress? Or is the higher temp even when stress is the cause preferred?

I have not tried calcium supplements although I have some, how much do you recommend taking?
Thank you so much!

Mittir

Here is a RP quote on PUFA storage and thyroid function

It's the stored PUFA, released by stress or hunger, that slow metabolism. Niacinamide helps to lower free fatty acids, and good nutrition will allow the liver to slowly detoxify the PUFA, if it isn't being flooded with large amounts of them. A small amount of coconut oil with each meal will increase the ability to oxidize fat, by momentarily stopping the antithyroid effect of the PUFA. Aspirin is another thing that reduces the stress-related increase of free fatty acids, stimulating metabolism. Taking a thyroid supplement is reasonable until the ratio of saturated fats to PUFA is about 2 to 1

It takes about 4 years to completely replace PUFA, it will possibly take 2-3 years to achieve
2:1 once someone starts avoiding PUFA. I use Niacinamide 100 mg twice a day and i am seeing
major improvement. RP recommends small frequent meals of sugar and protein ( also fat
if weight loss is not a goal) to keep stress hormones in check and keep liver glycogen storage
filled. Niacinamide seems safer to me. One needs to use vitamin K to support Aspirin use
and Aspirin is know to cause stomach ulcer in susceptible people. Regular vitamin E helps
with PUFA damage. Protein intake plays big role in liver's ability to detoxify estrogen, PUFA and other toxic substances. For female, estrogen dominance can increase stress hormone by
blocking thyroid function. RP often recommends progesterone for excess estrogen issue.

For calcium RP recommends egg shell or oyster powder.
I have some allergy issue with eggs shell. I have used oyster shell powder and calcium
hydroxide ( slaked lime used in corn processing) added to OJ or lemon juice.
RP recommends 1200-2000 mg of calcium to lower PTH, another stress hormone.
Vitamin D and K are also needed to lower PTH. Excess phosphorus increases PTH.
Amount of calcium should be equal to or more than phosphorus. calcium carbonate
and egg shell powder have to be taken with meals to be absorbed.
My understanding is that stress hormones are harmful in long term and
high temperature from stress can not be good. It signals that something is
blocking your anti-stress hormone system.