Can’t Get Over Sinus Infection

stsfut

I have been sick for over 3 weeks now. I had a cold that turned into a sinus infection. About a week ago, I got a fever for the first time and it spiked to 103. I started a 10 day round of Augmentin. I’m on day 8 now and still have this sinus infection. I still have a headache and pain in left cheek and having non-stop yellow mucus and general malaise. I feel like 8 days of such a strong ABX should have done the trick! Should I look into more ABX or is it likely this is non-bacterial? Sorry, know this isn’t very Peat-specific but looking for other experienced sinus plagued people.

Constatine

Sounds viral to me. A moderate amount of sun exposure; foods like brussel sprouts, mushrooms, garlic; foods high in vitamin A and C; herbs such as astragulus, Camellia sinensis (tea), and andrographis; plenty of carbs (maple syrup and relatively unprocessed honey are good sources, though if it is a bacterial infection and your appetite is surpressed don't eat too much); and obviously plenty of sleep can help.

alywest

Haidut wrote a post a while back about niacinamide at the dosage of 35 mg/kg killing candida, which could also be the root of the sinus problems.

Constatine

golder

Haidut wrote a post a while back about niacinamide at the dosage of 35 mg/kg killing candida, which could also be the root of the sinus problems.

All at once? Just as a one off dose? Can we get more details on this? Thank you.

InChristAlone

Neti pot rinse with: 1 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp xylitol and 2 drops methylene blue.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You may not see the infection clear for up to a week after you’re done with the course of Augmentin. I’ve experienced similar years ago and had my doubts if it was even working but my infection did eventually resolve but only several days after finishing the antibiotic. Perhaps one of our pharmacologists such as @Sourdoughbanana will chime in here because I can’t explain why this happens only that I have experienced it myself.
I like @Janelle525’s suggestion for the Neti pot rinse once your infection has cleared as a preventative. I think neti pot rinses can drive an infection deeper if you aren’t careful. I use xylitol nasal spray as a preventative and haven’t had a sinus infection since I started using it at the first sign of a stuffy nose.
I’m in no way recommending Augmentin just sharing my experience.

achillea

Xylitol nose spray and Allicin C internally will get rid of it fast.
Be careful with the netti pot as Blossom said it can drive it deeper.

In 1999 Harvard informed the medical world that sinusitis is not bacterial so antibiotics are not worthwhile. Most Doctors never read the info. Surprise, surprise

Again Allicin C and xylitol rinse

fradon

I have been sick for over 3 weeks now. I had a cold that turned into a sinus infection. About a week ago, I got a fever for the first time and it spiked to 103. I started a 10 day round of Augmentin. I’m on day 8 now and still have this sinus infection. I still have a headache and pain in left cheek and having non-stop yellow mucus and general malaise. I feel like 8 days of such a strong ABX should have done the trick! Should I look into more ABX or is it likely this is non-bacterial? Sorry, know this isn’t very Peat-specific but looking for other experienced sinus plagued people.

acidify yourself a bit.

i kicked mine with probiotic yogurt...organic valley grass milk(non fortified) and three probiotics daily with the yogurt.

tea with honey and lots of lemon.

OP
S

stsfut

Thank you everyone for the helpful replies. I apologize for taking so long to respond. I posted this on 12/2 and am happy to say that I felt totally better on 12/6. I finished the Augmentin, took aspirin for pain, tried to stay super hydrated. Most importantly, just rested a ton.

Old thread,but recurrent tonsilitis, which was distressing for me,only improved temporarily with ABX.Vitamin D fixed it fast and permanently.Commonality here is persisting infection.

OP
S

stsfut

Ironically I recall when I posted this I had just got done with a week in Disney with my family. Nonstop sun for days!

Ironically I recall when I posted this I had just got done with a week in Disney with my family. Nonstop sun for days!

I did oral bolus doses of D3,it worked so clean,as if nothing happened before,the calming and recurrence dynamic of the sore throat thing was switched off.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals