cant get adequate sunlight for 2 months, is there a replacement?

yoshiesque

I am stuck in a city where sunset is at 4pm and on top of that I wake up around 1-2pm, due to work. I get 8 hours of sleep, but no sunlight.

I have heard of bright light therapy, where its LEDs with very high intensity has been known to help seasonal mood disorders, can also help replace sunlight.

but then there is also red light?

any tips on what can be done?

michael94

FredSonoma

Last edited by a moderator:
icecreamlover said:

What's the difference between the red light and the other light one? I assumed red light meant just any kind of light

Last edited by a moderator:

Zachs

Red light usually refers to the near infrared spectrum of light that is over 800~nm. Infrared and far infrared has been shown to have some beneficial effects but mainly you want to concentrate on 600-850nm which is directly in the red spectrum of light. Incandescent, halogen and heat lamps are all broad spectrum lights which covers all the spectrums but they peak in the orange/red mainly so you get the most benefit from them. Blue light is something you want to stay away from so avoid fluorescent lighting.

Personally I went with 250w heat lamps with no red foil cover and put them in simple metal ballasts. Any time I'm feeling a bit lethargic or cold I go and stand next to them close to naked and eat some food. It always does the trick. Also shine it on your thyroid, hair, genitals, etc. It really ramps things up.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals