Can't gain weight

Jing

I'm eating 4500 calories everyday and I just can't gain weight, I'm stuck at 80kg o will occasionally see 81kg on the scales but then it will go back down to 79kg or 80kg . I don't understand why I need so many calories to gain weight surely 4500 should be enough to gain weight . My maintenance calories is about 2400 if I use calorie calculators . What could be stopping me from gaining weight?

Brandin

I'm eating 4500 calories everyday and I just can't gain weight, I'm stuck at 80kg o will occasionally see 81kg on the scales but then it will go back down to 79kg or 80kg . I don't understand why I need so many calories to gain weight surely 4500 should be enough to gain weight . My maintenance calories is about 2400 if I use calorie calculators . What could be stopping me from gaining weight?
The fact that u maintain at 2400 and cant bulk on 4500 is ridiculous. I maintain around 3500-3600 and gain 4200-4500. What are you eating??

OP
J

Jing

The fact that u maintain at 2400 and cant bulk on 4500 is ridiculous. I maintain around 3500-3600 and gain 4200-4500. What are you eating??
That's what calorie calculators say my maintainance is but obviously it's not I'm not sure what it is but I'm guessing it must be around 4000-4500 . My diet is based around pea protein, oats , bananas , beef , rice , cheese , sometimes milk , potatoes , orange juice , bread and I've been having few junk foods just to get my calories up abit I don't have the best appetite so it's hard getting in 4500 calories.

Brandin

That's what calorie calculators say my maintainance is but obviously it's not I'm not sure what it is but I'm guessing it must be around 4000-4500 . My diet is based around pea protein, oats , bananas , beef , rice , cheese , sometimes milk , potatoes , orange juice , bread and I've been having few junk foods just to get my calories up abit I don't have the best appetite so it's hard getting in 4500 calories.
Im actually suprised to see oats in such a high metabolism being. Whenever I consume oats I tend to get colder. I also have many friends with trash metabolisms who does the typicall bodybuilder oats, chicken, brocolli and rice diets. Do you take cyproheptadine? Im sire that would increase your apetite. Also just eating some clean fats, if u arent to disgusted by it could easily get your cals up fast. Also perhaps try to eat very often if you already do not...

Brandin

Im actually suprised to see oats in such a high metabolism being. Whenever I consume oats I tend to get colder. I also have many friends with trash metabolisms who does the typicall bodybuilder oats, chicken, brocolli and rice diets. Do you take cyproheptadine? Im sire that would increase your apetite. Also just eating some clean fats, if u arent to disgusted by it could easily get your cals up fast. Also perhaps try to eat very often if you already do not

Also I remember making alot of shakes helped me alot trying to gain weight the first time. Just blending alot of honey, raw eggs and milk was some easy calories.

OP
J

Jing

Im actually suprised to see oats in such a high metabolism being. Whenever I consume oats I tend to get colder. I also have many friends with trash metabolisms who does the typicall bodybuilder oats, chicken, brocolli and rice diets. Do you take cyproheptadine? Im sire that would increase your apetite. Also just eating some clean fats, if u arent to disgusted by it could easily get your cals up fast. Also perhaps try to eat very often if you already do not...
Na I don't take cyproheptadine, it just makes me too tired to do anything and messes with my libido and erections.
Yh I'm going to start having a few tablespoons of coconut oil to increase calories abit more . I want to find out why I need so many calories though tbh because I'm 80kg now I want to be atleast 90kg maybe more I'm going to have to end up eating like 6000 calories lol I wouldn't say I have a good metabolism either .

lampofred

Too much lactic acid will cause wasting.

hei

80kg seems like it should be good for your height, why do you want to be heavier? Are you trying to gain muscle or "weight"?

OP
J

Jing

80kg seems like it should be good for your height, why do you want to be heavier? Are you trying to gain muscle or "weight"?
Trying to gain muscle. I've just always wanted to be big lol

dukesbobby777

Na I don't take cyproheptadine, it just makes me too tired to do anything and messes with my libido and erections.
Yh I'm going to start having a few tablespoons of coconut oil to increase calories abit more . I want to find out why I need so many calories though tbh because I'm 80kg now I want to be atleast 90kg maybe more I'm going to have to end up eating like 6000 calories lol I wouldn't say I have a good metabolism either

Keep us updated with what extra coconut oil does. In theory it should increase your metabolism further. I would be surprised if it resulted in weight gain. I always notice when I eat it everyday that I start to gradually lose weight.

From RPs ‘unsaturated vegetable oils: toxic’ article:

‘Coconut oil is the least fattening of all the oils. Pig farmers tried to use it to fatten their animals, but when it was added to the animal feed, coconut oil made the pigs lean’

@Jing Kettle bells and a pull-up frame will help, Products | Pull Up Mate

Don't get ones that clip over a door frame, they are s**t, either of the above will add muscle 'quickly'.

Do you want to look better for you, or for your 'significant' other, that will colour your commitment IMO.

OP
J

Jing

@Jing Kettle bells and a pull-up frame will help, Products | Pull Up Mate

Don't get ones that clip over a door frame, they are s**t, either of the above will add muscle 'quickly'.

Do you want to look better for you, or for your 'significant' other, that will colour your commitment IMO.
Whats bad about the ones that clip over the door frame that's what I'm using ATM?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals